Tips, Hints and Links To Make A Better FM Story

A great thread but I fear that it will just spawn a whole bunch of copycat threads, all showing the same BBC mock web sites and video footage. Please people try and give it some thought and add a little of your own spin... and don't forget that gimmicks are all well and good but the thing that really keeps people hooked is the quality of your story telling.

Wow.

Very good guide, on my next update i might take a better look at this and try some of the stuff.

Thanks (K)

I've used the fake article in my story and they have made my story look better, thanks :) My story is in my sig if you want to take a look and give me any advice.

Will take a look :) Glad your using it mate. :D

I still dont know how to get a video on because I went on to my match and clicked on 'save'

??

I'm adding screenshots now if your confused. By going onto 'Match controls' and clicking 'Save' it will save that match into your 'matches' section of your FM folder. You should be able to find it using my instructions or screenshots, let me know if you encounter any problems. 8-|

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

A great thread but I fear that it will just spawn a whole bunch of copycat threads, all showing the same BBC mock web sites and video footage. Please people try and give it some thought and add a little of your own spin... and don't forget that gimmicks are all well and good but the thing that really keeps people hooked is the quality of your story telling.

I agree mate.
This is just a thread to help people to respond to Sean's opinion and enquiries. I'm sure people will find more sights etc. to make a better thread than the guy above them. It adds a good sense of competition to the stories section.

Wow.

Very good guide, on my next update i might take a better look at this and try some of the stuff.

Thanks (K)

Thanks mate :) Good to hear from you again. I will look foward to seeing some fake articles in your stories! :D

Thanks mate. I will use some of these but not too often in case it becomes repetitive. :)

Cant there be a thread made for looking for people to do a joint story with rather than everybody keep individually making them?

Cant there be a thread made for looking for people to do a joint story with rather than everybody keep individually making them?

Good idea actually. But usually members arrange by posting to eachother and it usually doesn't give any problems. These threads could become spammed easily. But i do like this idea, if you want, you can construct the thread and see where it goes. I would take the time to ask a moderator for advice first, i usually do that for different threads. Moderators know best right? (A)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Mine keeps saying this when I upload a videa and don't know what I'm doin wrong:

Failed (unable to convert video file)

I save it and its a PKM file?

You won't be able to put it on youtube if its a PKM file. Download the converter i provided a link for and change it to a default video file, that will allow you to put it on youtube. Any of the ones available on the converter will be good to go on youtube :) Hope this helped.
Try different converters etc. if your still stuck. 8-|

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Thanks mate. I will use some of these but not too often in case it becomes repetitive. :)

Lets hope it doesn't. But if i find out that a lot of stories use these. I will find some more sites etc. I just found out the site i used a few years back that was legendary, isn't running anymore. :'(

But anyhow, theres a lot of these sites, so i'm adding more links as the thread goes on.
By the way, who likes the goal in the video? I love the way SHE BENDS. :wub: The ball i mean. Not Yossi Benayoun.

I tried to convert mine but the converter wasnt having none of it!

I tried to convert mine but the converter wasnt having none of it!

Yes, they are rather annoying. You can try downloading FRAPS or using your webcam to film the match and hope for the best quality, you will then not have to worry about the type of movie file it is saving it as. I would recommend doing one of those if you still can't get the file working, I know i struggled first time :( Had to google a few things.XD

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

i dont know how to do it sorry

How to do what? oO)

Yeah Youtube wouldn't let me upload the vid, so downloaded and installed the converter you provided and it didn't work :(

Yeah Youtube wouldn't let me upload the vid, so downloaded and installed the converter you provided and it didn't work :(

Ahh sorry guys :( Will have to change my instructions.

Heres the link to FRAPS if you want to use that, it can be easier:

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Theres the link to the download. They explain how to use it and stuff on the site, not many people have problems with it. Let me get back to you guys in a few days with the video error. :(

Mine video is taking ages to process and it's only 1:30 max, any of you guys experience this?

Mine video is taking ages to process and it's only 1:30 max, any of you guys experience this?

Takes me 10 min max for a 5 min video. Try uploading it after publishing it via Windows Movie Maker if you have it.

You should convert your videos made on FRAPS using DMC (google it - digital media convertor)

It will shrink the file size, otherwise it will take hours to upload to YouTube.

My story uses a lot of things in this thread but there are a few things I will definately add, thanx fourfourtwo another great thread.

Great advice 442 just a quick question.I have created my "fake" article using the first link but how would i get this onto my story,if i do one? thanks