martincarr265

Reaction score
Tireless Counter Keep Ball

This is my first go at making a tactic, so take it easy!

I don’t usually create my own tactics, generally because they’re always pretty **** in all honesty, however I have created this tactic and had so much success with it I couldn't resist sharing. I created the tactic for various teams, Leeds, Newcastle and most recently Portsmouth, with the right players it’s brilliant.

The tactic is based around a hard-working mentality, all players work aggressively to press the opponent for the ball, and once they win it they keep possession whilst countering at pace, but not without control
This results in attractive football, and the defensive midfielder really helps to keep conceding to a minimum

I use this tactic home and away, no alterations are needed, I just use touch lines shout, mainly encourage, concentrate, tighten up, or get further forward

THE TACTIC!

View attachment 293154

https://www.mediafire.com/?lwknk9m7brsjtcb

Team Instructions
View attachment 293155

Player Instructions
Players have a couple instructions to help with the philosophy of the tactic, the instructions are already set for each player within the tactic

Opposition Instructions
I leave these instructions to whichever staff member has the best tactical knowledge

Team Talks
Leave to whichever staff member has highest motivation and man management- however check what they recommend saying, if it doesn't sound right pipe up!

Corner Instructions
Left back takes right hand corners
Right back takes left hand corners

Team Training Pre Season
For the first season or after a busy transfer window I use team cohesion focus, with teamwork for match preparation in friendlies like this:
View attachment 293158

Team Training During Season
This is dependent on a few things, I usually focus on team cohesion until I have attained a good level of understanding between players, then become fully familiar with my tactics Match preparation is one day, I usually keep to defensive positioning like this:
View attachment 293157

Player Training
I usually train players to the specific players role, unless a single attribute like stamina needs work

Down To Ten Men
Take off the DM

Player Attributes
Generally look for team work, work rate, stamina, natural fitness, and passing. Pace and acceleration are beneficial. Other than that just find players that fit the roles well, or train them to fit

My Results with Portsmouth
View attachment 293152

Match Stats
View attachment 293116View attachment 293115View attachment 293114View attachment 293113

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?lwknk9m7brsjtcb

Any feedback would be much appreciated​

Last edited:
Why you put a defensive midfielder and not a ball wining midfielder ?

Those results are very impressive in lower leagues

thanks I know Portsmouth are favourites but I have managed to win the league with 10 games still remaining and a 33 point gap above second place bury, which I was pretty proud of

Suspicious that you have tariq and correa though

Why suspicious? You can sign Tariq at the start of the game for portsmouth, with not much problem at all, and thats lucas correa, hes a free agent at the start of the game that can be approached

i've got a problem downloading the tactic its only 1kb and that means there is something wrong, please re-upload or fix.