Hi Kyanite.

Sadly, this tactic just hasn't produced the goods for me in a season I had high hopes for with Wolves. I had an 11th finish and at no point ever really looked like getting into the top 6. Very upsetting, just like Wolves in real life!

Thanks anyway though.

No problem, just a shame :/
I'm pretty sure match engine changes haven't occurred so perhaps it was the types of players? Weird.

Ive been trying to emulate big Sam football for my bolton team as im really struggling to get promotion n everybodys tryin to emulate Barca. the tiki taka is just tappin the ball back n forth gettin nowhere n eventually losin possession ;( n 3at the back n 5 man midfields dont work either i'll give this a try n let u know how i get on.

Trying this tactic out with Stoke in January, they're just above the drop.

What was your starting 11, and would you make any signings? Does anyone stand out at you as he WOULD be good for this tactic?

What was your starting 11, and would you make any signings? Does anyone stand out at you as he WOULD be good for this tactic?
off the top of my head
gk - begovic
lb - whitehead?
cb - shawcross
cb - huth
rb - wilkinson?
rm - kightly
b2b - adam
bwm - nzonzi
lm - etherington
cfs - walters
cfa - crouch

Crouch & Walters should be banging them in for fun.
I am starting to wonder though whether or not the new match engine has given this tactic a major hiccup, even though it was working fine in my BRFC save started in 13.3.2...

Tactic suddenly started working!

Will post screenshots later on.

Stoke have a tactic??? lol

"After releasing my Mourinho FM13 tactics some time ago, I have been working on imitating Tony Pulis at Stoke."

why would you do such a thing??? from Madrid to Stoke!!!!! are you mad????? lol

Got this tactic to work well for me.

Changed every players passing bar the bank of four defenders to one click to the left. This changes it from "long" to the last possible "direct". I found this needed doing as too often when in the final third and a more obvious and better pass was available players were literally lumping it out of play.

Got Wolves to the PL in first season through the play-offs. Have had 2 consecutive 14th finishes and then finished 8th and currently in my fourth season in 5th place.

If you genuinely like this style of football (which I do) I would definatly go out and build your side around it.

Kyanite - would be interested to know if you think or have made any tweaks to this tactic - I alternate between Counter, Standard & Attacking dependant on opposition.

I am starting to wonder though whether or not the new match engine has given this tactic a major hiccup, even though it was working fine in my BRFC save started in 13.3.2...

There was no change in match engine from 13.3.2 to 13.3.3, was there? At least there wasn't in the changelist.

Got this tactic to work well for me.

Changed every players passing bar the bank of four defenders to one click to the left. This changes it from "long" to the last possible "direct". I found this needed doing as too often when in the final third and a more obvious and better pass was available players were literally lumping it out of play.

Got Wolves to the PL in first season through the play-offs. Have had 2 consecutive 14th finishes and then finished 8th and currently in my fourth season in 5th place.

If you genuinely like this style of football (which I do) I would definatly go out and build your side around it.

Kyanite - would be interested to know if you think or have made any tweaks to this tactic - I alternate between Counter, Standard & Attacking dependant on opposition.
I don't really play with it any more. Not because there's anything wrong with the tactic but more because I don't have time. It's great for under dogs but I'm trying to produce a proper counter attacking tactic (think Madrid or Bayern). Just difficult when I don't have much time because of uni work!

There was no change in match engine from 13.3.2 to 13.3.3, was there? At least there wasn't in the changelist.

I wasn't aware of any ME change, but I've seen cases in the past with my own tactics and other peoples where they stop working after small updates... even though it isn't logical I admit.

I don't really play with it any more. Not because there's anything wrong with the tactic but more because I don't have time. It's great for under dogs but I'm trying to produce a proper counter attacking tactic (think Madrid or Bayern). Just difficult when I don't have much time because of uni work!

I wasn't aware of any ME change, but I've seen cases in the past with my own tactics and other peoples where they stop working after small updates... even though it isn't logical I admit.

Fair enough mate. Be very interested to see you counter attacking system - as you can gather that is my favourtie style of football.