Top 5 Favourite Games Of All Time

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 9K

TheHig

Reaction score
What are yours, justified how ever you want, by the amount of hours you played the game, or how much you enjoyed it etc
So here are mine

1) Final Fantasy VII (Ps1) - Dont think any game will ever beat this for me. I must of played it for 1000s of hours.
The Story was incredible I was so attached to all the characters, especially the main character "Cloud" which is you, because he had issues and a dark side but you treated him like your self in the game.
A story like that can make a great game without the need for great game play, **** FVII had that too, graphics were ahead of its time too.
Also the soundtrack to the game was beautiful and set the mood well for many parts of the game. Its a shame the Advent Children film did not create the same beauty atmosphere the game did.

The game came out in 1997, its now 2009 and still play through it at least once in the year.
This is the only game I'd rate 10/10,,,100% perfect.

2) Football Mananger Series(PC) - Well this game would be on everyones list here I would think, everyone has there own reasons for it.
Love football, love football maanger.

3) Pokemon (Red/Blue) (Gameboy)
Sad I no, but dam this game was addictive, and I was so desperate to catch all 150 pokemon on it. Used to have severe eye and neck strain from playing the gameboy hours at a time on this.

4) Bio shock (Xbox360) By far the best game of this console generation, only 7-8 hours game play tops with no multiplayer but that does not matter, its a masterpiece.
Exploring a dead underwater world while piecing together what happend at the place, while fighting off infected locals Brilliant.

5) Mass Effect (Xbox 360) Okay you might of guessed that I like a good story involved in my game, It makes me feel like you fighting for something(if fighting is involved in that game) it helps you get that more immersed in the game.
So to me, an interesting story with characters you care about is a must for an excellent game, Mass Effect does this the best I've seen since Final Fantasy VII

There my top 5, and nothing outside of them games really comes close.
I'm intested to see others top 5's.
People should have very different top 5's depending on the type of gamer you are.
My game choice suggests I'm a gamer who seeks emotion in games, hence needing a good sory to be a part of.

1 - Football Manager/Championship Manager PC Series - Nothing is more addicting than fm/cm.

2 - WWF/WWE PS Series - Gotta love wrestling, here comes the pain is the best one.

3 - Starwars Phantom Menace PS1 - Best playstation 1 game ever.

4 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Is there anyone you know that has never played these, even my mum used to lol!

5 - Monopoly Board Game - Classic Nuf Said.

good thread.

my top 5

1. cm/fm series
2. Half Life series
3. Pokemon series
4. pro evo games
5. age of empires

I thought about the half life games, I love them, but had more frustration on them working out puzzles than joy.
I love Portal from the orange box

wooo you own Hig :D cant wait for episode 3 and Portal was great aswell

Final Fantasy VII
Planescape Torment
Medieval Total War series
Sudden Strike
Baldur's Gate

(tough thread, I'll mention Hearts of Iron, Doom, Quake, Max Payne as well)

must admit, when max payne first came it got me excited, had never seen slow motion in games before that

my top 5

1. All Football Manager games
2. Fifa 09 love the new 'Ultimate' mode
3. Any of the command and conquer series
4. Motostorm Pacific rift awesome game!
5. All Metal gear solid games.

ah c & c was amazing aswell back in the day

Red alert Retaliation on the Ps1 was my favorite, never bothered with the mission side, just done endless skirmishes :D

forgot to mention Metal Gear Solid, the DBZ Budokai series, Pro Evo, GT4, Samurai Sword, GTA series, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, thye all deserve the Hall of Fame

FF7 - love this game spent about 24hrs in midgar leveling up because i couldn't get past one part but i bought it again last year and have played it 3 times since

C&C Red alert - all about the skirmish

Fifa 09 - was into pro then they started to suck so i jumped ship in 07 and haven't looked back

Act Raiser - old school snes game endless days spent on this golden oldie

FM series of course

so many games that flood back into my memory but if i kept going i wouldn't be able to stop, can't believe i actually found time to play football growing up:D

whats ff7? final fantasy?

an RPG on the ps1, if you can tollerate RPGs play it, best game of all time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

People keep posting your top 5's, after most active members have posted i'll count up and posts an FM base top ten based on our own votes.

1. Pokemon Series - Played it religiously in my younger years and have played it on and off ever since.

2/3 - Football Manager/Gears of War - This is too close a call to make for me. Game wise, it'll be Football Manager. However, playing online I had some insane laughs on Gears so that, makes it such a tight decisions.

4 - Rock Band - It was expensive but so worth it. It's given me hours of fun and it's innovative and I love it. :wub:

Those 4 are way above the rest and it's hard to choose a 5th. I'll say the Crash Bandicoot series but Fifa and many others come very close.

my top 5

1. Football / Championship Manager games
2. Halo 3
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
4. Call of Duty 4
5. Mario Kart Wii

another great selection of games. **** we all need to get out more

Back