akash777

Reaction score
Well into my third season in Reading,I have ended up signing a lot of British players.This was mainly due to my scouts not finding good enough players who were interested in coming to my club,despite us having won one 1 CL,1 PL,1 FA Cup and 1 COC in 2 seasons.

Anyways,since I feel there maybe others who may be burdened by this problem.Or maybe one might just want to stuff on HG players,I have picked up the people who I believe can be massive for a top team and who were all very affordable.Hopefully you all could chip in with your buys and maybe we could have a list of good and cheap HG players.

Anyways,I will start.

GK:Butland
DR: Kieran Trippier,Matt Lowton,Nathan Clyne,Neill Eardley
DL:Aidan White,Aaron Creswell
DC:Alex Pearce,James Tomkins,Danny Wilson,Martin Kelly
MC:Lowe,Henry,Spearing
AMR:Hughes,Zaha,Buckley,Redmond
AML:Ince,Phillips,McClean
AMC:Mason Bennet
FC:Jay rodriguez,Steve morrison,Lambert

The list is just made out of the players that I bought in this save and other saves too.And as they would come to Reading,I assume they would go to most other clubs.

Out of them the players that I always buy have to be Tomkins and Wilson.Willing to go to most clubs and both are terrific centrehalves.
The striking part was made out of a mini southampton save and I wouldnt rate them that highly.Hughes is a great player and so is Lowe.

And off topic has anyone else had great success with Lowe and Lowton?These two players I have signed for the first time after Villa raped me last season and both have been terrific so far.

and Jon Williams, his a beast in my Newcastle save

Jack Cork is a good reliable player & has great mental stats

Jenkinson, Gibbsy, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, the Ox (Basically the Arsenal Brit's ;)) are all amazing after a few years when developed/trained right :D

you won CL and PL with reading in 3 seasons. wow thats amazing.

nick powell surely... :D
jack robinson - DL, John Stones (cmiiw for the name)- DR
adam campbell - ST

Erm has anyone forgotten about United's guys? Phil Jones,Wellbeck, Smalling, Cleverley

Jenkinson is from finland you clown

He has duel nationality but has pledged his future to England. He played for both England and Finland at youth levels and in friendlies but after playing for England against Sweden said he wants to play for England.

So get your facts right before trying to be clever and rude to people

I'm so impressed with Chamberlain's improvement.
I bought him in the 1st season for Man Utd, I asked Valencia to tutor him, and he shows great performance as RM every match.
I choose him for my starting line up, get rid of Valencia... :D

Jones, Wellbeck are also promising

Jenkinson is from finland you clown

As bond said, he is eligible, and has played in a friendly, for England. So rather trying to be "big" why not take the time to check these things, rather making yourself look like a total idiot :)

Oh, and to make you look even more daft, Carl Jenkinson was born in England, he just has Finnish parentage. (P.S. Don't question an Arsenal fan's knowledge on his own player's)

Last edited:
glad I saw this topic, just started a new game with Stoke, trying to make the team all UK based players (eventually all english) and was trying to look for players in each position to replace the guys I currently have. If anybody else knows any decent players that I can sign in my first season please post, struggling to get them cheap enough :/

Nathan dyer 5m one of the best wingers in the game.
Ashley Williams. 5m. Decent, not a world beater but decent
Neil Taylor. -5m. Good, Gibbs and shaw are better but more expensive/younger.
Nimely, Sinclair, Rodwell. Loan. Buy after 1-2 seasons. Decent.
Zaha-6m unless you have the update.
Butland. Amazing unless you have the update. In which case you already have him.
James perch 4m decent
Jason Lowe. Cheep, amazing
Hanley, henley. Amazing young from Blackburn

Sorry if there are many spelling mistakes.

Jones and Smalling are both in my Reading team now.Every season United buys a star in my game for 25-30m and I go and try to get the ones they are letting go for 15m.
Got Jones last season.Captained my team andwas impeccable as a CM or as CD.In my eyes(I havent played with a lot of big name players) the best box-box or ball-winner.Plays equally well at CB unless playing against Dzeko/Llorente type strikers.
Smallings a super CB and im actually letting go off Okore for 15 this season to get Smalling.His aerial ability is just too good and he is a solid defender as well.Shaw is very expensive in my save now or else would have gotten him and would have had an all British defense.****.
I can play an all british defence actually if I play wilson lb,tomkins and smalling cb and Lowton rb.

The only thing I am surprised about is the lack of quality english forward players.Like attacking players.No one of any real class to command a place in a top top team.Like none to compete and be in the same team with the Lamelas or the Nems.I only have Hughes,Young and Hal-Robson still in my team with the 4th season looming.