Resource icon

Tornado - 119 goals, 28 conceded, in first season with Atletico Madrid

The xG on this tactic is nuts! P20 W14 D6. That doesn't tell the whole story as 5 of the draws were at the start of using the tactic while getting used to the formation halfway through the season. Beat Liverpool 5-2 in the FA Cup, Man Utd 3-0 in the league, Barcelona 1-0 in the Champions League, Kiev 5-0 and Fulham 7-2 in the League Cup Final.

I am Newcastle, I do have a good team, but it is only my first full season managing them in 2025.

So far, this is now the best tactic I have used for FM23, no doubt.

The xG on this tactic is nuts! P20 W14 D6. That doesn't tell the whole story as 5 of the draws were at the start of using the tactic while getting used to the formation halfway through the season. Beat Liverpool 5-2 in the FA Cup, Man Utd 3-0 in the league, Barcelona 1-0 in the Champions League, Kiev 5-0 and Fulham 7-2 in the League Cup Final.

I am Newcastle, I do have a good team, but it is only my first full season managing them in 2025.

So far, this is now the best tactic I have used for FM23, no doubt.
I'm very glad it works for you too mate👍

Trying this with PSG. Creates a lot of xG for a 3 at the back tactic. Started the season with 6 wins a row scoring minimum 3 goals every game.

Looks very interesting.

Will give this a holiday run today and see how it performs

Might be my go to Tough away game tactic.

Just testing on holiday with Arsenal right now and also have tried a few times on my Leicester save I'm playing through.
Looks pretty defensively sound so far, 7 Clean Sheets from 13.

Doesn't look like I will manage to score as many as you did but I will see how the rest of the test goes.

so far so good

Attachments

• 20221220000153_1.jpg
    20221220000153_1.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 1,740
Four games, Four wins and Four Cleans sheets, good XG I just have pish players that can't finish, any tweaks that you recommend to hold a lead or shut up shop in the last 10 mins?

Last edited:
Four games, Four wins and Four Cleans sheets, good XG I just have pish players that can't finish, any tweaks that you recommend to hold a lead or shut up shop in the last 10 mins?
Frankly speaking I never change anything in my tactic during the game even when I'm leading, that's the only way to do to test how good and consistent your tactic is. If you want to shut up shot in the last 10 minutes you can try and change the mentality from attacking to defensive or very defensive.

My Arsenal test didn't go so well in the end but Holiday tests in this FM is very hit and miss.

So going to try with my Leiceister save that I'm actually playing through.
Just plugged this in for the first time from the start of the game in the league cup at home vs Man City.
Won 3-1 they barely got a sniff but Haaland always finds a way.
Really like the style of play, everyone gets involved and the Volantes make great runs and get a lot of cutbacks to run onto.

How much did your DLF score in your season?.

I really wanted to use a tactic with 2 strikers because I have a ton in my main save but this may make me pivot to 1 striker lol.

My Arsenal test didn't go so well in the end but Holiday tests in this FM is very hit and miss.

So going to try with my Leiceister save that I'm actually playing through.
Just plugged this in for the first time from the start of the game in the league cup at home vs Man City.
Won 3-1 they barely got a sniff but Haaland always finds a way.
Really like the style of play, everyone gets involved and the Volantes make great runs and get a lot of cutbacks to run onto.

How much did your DLF score in your season?.

I really wanted to use a tactic with 2 strikers because I have a ton in my main save but this may make me pivot to 1 striker lol.
I did a lot of rotation with my player during the season so I don't have a player who played stable in the DLF position, Joao Felix mostly played in that role during the season but also Griezmann and Correa, I played them DLF or wide as IF, it depends on the match. They finished the season with around 20 goals each. In this tactic everyone is involved in the attacking fase, for example Kondogbia scored 13 goals playing as a volante.

Started using this tactic after the Southampton game. Losing 3-5 was the last straw. My team is full of young regens apart from a few actual players. Tottenham was a bust as I had some injuries but definitely a marked improvement. xG has gone way up too.

Can't wait to see how this progresses as my team gets older and more experienced.

Attachments

• show.jpg
    show.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 1,435
Started using this tactic after the Southampton game. Losing 3-5 was the last straw. My team is full of young regens apart from a few actual players. Tottenham was a bust as I had some injuries but definitely a marked improvement. xG has gone way up too.

Can't wait to see how this progresses as my team gets older and more experienced.
Good luck for your season!

Tested with Man City/West Ham/Nottingham Forest -