Letto2

Reaction score
Hello,
I've just completed my tactic the Tornado 3-4-3.

It is a fairly aggressive tactic which aims to dominate the opposition so it's primarily aimed at teams that are able to do that, however it is also capable to over-perform with weaker teams.

Things that this tactic can do:

• designed as a possession based formation but it has the shape to produce good counter attacks when required
  • it is very good at recovering the ball when the opposition clears. Sometimes it feels that there is one of your men anywhere the ball is thrown so it produces "a great spell of domination" from your team quite often
  • it is very solid defensively. The defense is very difficult to crack positionally with this tactic. When the opposition scores it is usually a free kick , long shot or more rarely a "lucky" counter attack.

GK:the defensive line is fairly up so look for a good rushing out stat and maybe one on ones. Also teams that can't create themselves chances sometimes go for a lot of long shots, make sure he can handle them.

CB:the defensive line is fairly aggressive so they need good defensive stats. They are also expected to pass the ball around so make sure they have decent passing and first touch. Use someone with good pace and anticipation as the central one and he will be able to cover for mistakes made by the others(notice Bassong's rating which got 3'rd in the league ).

ML|MR
: They act as very offensive wingers. They need good stamina, work rate,pace and tackling.Should have decent passing. Having good crossing is a plus but not really required.

MCL:
The defensive midfielder.He stays behind and remains usually unmarked when attacking and collects lots of balls when the opposition clears. Must have good anticipation and stamina, decent pace ,tackling and mental stats. I prefer players that also have good passing and creativity here as that can make a noticeable difference.

MCR: Acts as an advanced play-maker and will many times go and overload the opposition defensive line. Pretty much every attribute is important for this player but make sure he has good passing, creativity and teamwork. Having good composure, off the ball and finishing will make him score a fair number of goals.

AML|AMR: These guys should be able to split the opposition defense with good passes and dribblings but ideally they should also have good finishing.

ST:
Look for good striker attributes here like composure, pace and finishing but having good passing is a very big plus.

Match preparation
: defensive positioning(when not using team blend)
OI: I let my *** man handle it
Pitch size: I used standard but minimum is probably best

Last edited:
Firstly nice OP.
Looks an interesting tactic with some good results, would like to see a few other team tests. Especially outside of Italy :)

What an odd formation, surprised you had such excellent results tbh, the defence looks very mean! WOuld love to see other peoples results with it, which teams do you think it'd suit? Think it would work well with Johnson retrained to RM, Carroll up top and SUarez on one of the wings? He could play on the right, Gerrard on the left, with Meireles as the attacking MC.

Glen Jhonson looks like he will be great as MR and Gerard should obviously be great as wing.
Meireles looks good but i'd also be interested in how Kuyt does there.
Carroll could work i think. He has decent pace but he is better at heading. The wide midfielders have crossing set to sometimes so they cross when they feel like it could work but you might try setting it to often and see how that goes. I don't see great crossers at Liverpool and I don't see a good ML either but the defense looks acceptable. Maybe if you could buy a good ML with good crossing...

played 1 game with it yes i know 1 game. im wednesday

GreatKingy, please post your results when you finish testing I'm quite interested.

cragswfc
You led with 3-1 and 5-2 isn't that a good thing? The defensive line is set quite aggressive so it requires at least decent players to work. But it is very solid with good players and in my tests it was not that bad even with quite mediocre defenders. But, if you don't have good defenders, it can concede when the opposition is trying to overload you. In my Napoli run all the draws except one where after i led: I led Inter 2-0 and I got equalized. So if your team is not that good you might try to switch to something less aggressive after the 70'th minute. (Or you could try to lower the defensive line a little and see how that works.)
Think of it this way: this is a domination tactic, why would you try to dominate when you lead 5-2 ? This should not be necessary though. May i suggest that you were also a bit unlucky.

Last edited:
wow,,that looks interesting..

i'll try it with my lazio saves, since i'm playing it right now

Hi Letto2!

When do you use team blend for match prep?

you have written:
Match preparation

THX

Hi Letto2!

When do you use team blend for match prep?

you have written:
Match preparation

THX

Team blend is used when team is not fluid with allmost all areas of the tactic. So basicly means pre-season, when tweaks are usually made.

Hi Koko4,
I use team blend right up to a day before the first mach of the season, although ,as I understand, you can use it between matches and change it on the last day before the match.
I don't bother to do that though.

Now I've been using this with my Man City squad ,which is a bit strong as you might imagine, however look at my defensive record. (H)

First 3 games with Napoli:
6-0 Home against Sibir
1-0 Away against Sibir
3-0 Away against Lazio

So far seems great, ill continue to update.

Hi Koko4,
I use team blend right up to a day before the first mach of the season, although ,as I understand, you can use it between matches and change it on the last day before the match.
I don't bother to do that though.

Now I've been using this with my Man City squad ,which is a bit strong as you might imagine, however look at my defensive record. (H)

Hi Letto2!

THX!

just a quick question: what about workload in pre-season and in season?
Pre-season - high ?

Am I right?
season - average ?

Hi Letto!

First season is done in Bundesliga with HSV: 1st place, 80 pts 25-5-4 87-32, Runner up - German cup
I have some problem with 2nd season at home. no possession, ccc and no any chances...
Pitch size: standard
I think the problem is the match prep. I use def. pos. as you wrote in op. My opinion is team blend is better.
What is the problem?

My first XI:

Sommer - Alex Silva, Westermannn, Mathijsen - Corluka/Dickmeier, Trochowski, Jarolim, M.Janssem/Gabriel Silva - Elia, Petric, Castelen

THX

That is some great first season with HSV congrats. Please post some pictures, that would be great.

For the second season I guess the opposition started to play differently against you and treat you like a bigger team. That means they start to pass the ball around and only try to keep possession. Not much you can do about it, although you can try to push the defensive line up.
You can also think about issuing individual marking instructions to stop the other team from passing around but be careful.

As i said you can use team blend right up to the last day before the mach and change it on the last day to defensive positioning. Leaving it on team blend won't do you much good.

To anyone who tried this tactic: please post results or updates on how it went even if it did not go too well.
If anyone has comments or suggestions please post them, I'm always looking for ideas to improve my tactic.

That is some great first season with HSV congrats. Please post some pictures, that would be great.

For the second season I guess the opposition started to play differently against you and treat you like a bigger team. That means they start to pass the ball around and only try to keep possession. Not much you can do about it, although you can try to push the defensive line up.
You can also think about issuing individual marking instructions to stop the other team from passing around but be careful.

As i said you can use team blend right up to the last day before the mach and change it on the last day to defensive positioning. Leaving it on team blend won't do you much good.

To anyone who tried this tactic: please post results or updates on how it went even if it did not go too well.
If anyone has comments or suggestions please post them, I'm always looking for ideas to improve my tactic.

some pictures:

http://kep.psharing.com/511768.jpg]
511768.t.jpg
[/URL]

http://kep.psharing.com/511771.jpg]
511771.t.jpg
[/URL]