coolmcool

Reaction score
View attachment 286821

In my last story i left Man Utd in 2023 after winning over 30 Cups and then winning Euro 2024 with Spain and instead of starting a new save with a lower league side i decided to resign and offer my services to any league 2 side.
I chose Torquay as i went their on holiday with my Wife and Daughter this summer and apart from Plymouth Argyle its the closest professional team to where i live in south west cornwall.
Torquays Current Information
View attachment 286822View attachment 286823

How they have Fared in Competitions
View attachment 286824View attachment 286825

My Key Players
View attachment 286826View attachment 286827View attachment 286828View attachment 286829

Billy Bodin looks like the only player that can do me the buisness up front and former Arsenal trainee Tom Cruise is the best defender by a long way

Youth Prospects
View attachment 286830View attachment 286831View attachment 286832

Tactic Overview
View attachment 286833

Transfers
View attachment 286834

I couldnt make half the transfers i wanted as the club were already over there wage budget when i arrived and absolutely nobody wanted any of the players i was trying to sell or even give away!
The board were not helpful either as they refused getting a parental club, any transfer, free or loan deal i asked about and said that i had a big enough wage budget.

This save is going to be a lot more interesting than the last one! I have plenty of spare time with my arm being in a cast for another 3 weeks so i plan to stick with them through thick and thin!

Will be following, from Penzance myself and quite a fan of Torquay.

Will be following it mate! Looking forward to the updates

August 2024

I didnt bother to play any of the friendlies as 3 had already been played and i was too busy trying to sign players, i didnt expect much at the beginning with the team adjusting to different tactics i have been trying and i really didnt get much! With only 2 strikers and the main one Spear being injured my team really struggled to find the net.

Capital One Cup 1st round
0 - 3 Bournemouth A

1 - 1 Hartlepool A
Thompson 77

0 - 2 Portsmouth A

0 - 1 Cheltenham A

0 - 0 Kiddeminster H

As you can see a very poor start we were predicted 14th so i expected some sort of fight but not this bad! I dont even have 2 CM, i have loads of 2 star wingers no decent strikers and poor GK's!
The board do not want to know, i may have to try and release a few players as no transfers have been made out.

Leauge 2 Table
View attachment 286873View attachment 286874

Player of the Month (if their can be one)
View attachment 286875

On a slightly lighter note my next game shall be my 700th!
View attachment 286876

September 2024

Another very poor month but i do finally pick up my first win as Torquay manager, after this bad month i have decided i will be making some changes to the team and tactics.

ST Johnstones Paint Trophy 1st round
0 - 1 Yeovil H

2 - 0 Bradford H
Yeoman 22, 77

1 - 2 Rochdale A
Spear 88

0 - 3 Chesterfield A

1 - 1 Wimbledon AFC H
Adjei 77

0 - 1 Fleetwood H

1 - 3 Shrewsbury A
Vernan 83

The only shining light this month was that Spear came back and we managed to grab a few points! Drastic changes ahead for next month!

League 2 Table
View attachment 286877View attachment 286878

I usually pick a player of the month but as we have played so poorly i could not choose one player who i believe has achieved anything worthy of the award.

Just finished playing October and it is a much better month all round will post it tommorow morning

Will follow this, was you with utd from 2012 to 2024? :eek: not get bored?

Will follow this, was you with utd from 2012 to 2024? :eek: not get bored?
I had a scaffold i was on at work collapse and i broke my arm and a few ribs so have only just been able to start walking round at home so have had plenty of time to dip in and out of the game while playing one or two seasons as Santos, Shakhter and Barcelona to keep me from getting bored, if i was working as normal i doubt i would have stuck it out past the 3rd season!
The Man Utd story is on this forum under Red Devils Domination if you want to check it out

Last edited:
October 2024

A brilliant month! A slight tweak to the ever changing tactics but the biggest difference was the 3 new signings i made. I decided to take some drastic action and release all of the reserves and a few squad players who were transfer listed, i know i would have taken a hit with the release fees but it brought my wage budget down from 13,000 a week (£2,000 a week over the limit) to £10,000 a week, this meant i could sign 3 new players on frees during the month who have all made such a difference.

Transfers in
View attachment 286930View attachment 286931View attachment 286932

Transfer Overview
View attachment 286933

2 - 0 Burton H
Spear 72 Johnson 84

3 - 0 Port Vale H
Spear 15, 51 Williams 25

1 - 2 Barnsley A
Brewster o.g 60

2 - 2 Mansfield A
Bodin 39 Williams 79

3 - 0 York City H
Williams 25, 91 Spear 76

2 - 0 Oldham A
Bodin 32 Spear 48

As you can see a much better month with Oneke Williams on fire and Spear being happy playing next to someone as good as him has bagged a few goals too.
The only problem we have now is no squad depth beyond my first 11 nobody is a game changer or can come in for someone injured or suspended, hopefully if we make a charge for the play offs the board may give me some extra wage budget to sign some more freebies!

League 2 Table
View attachment 286934View attachment 286935

Player of the Month
View attachment 286936

Spear has been outstanding since his strike partner Oneke Williams joined up bagging 5 goals in 6 games.

Finally something i have not seen before! He was absent for the next game and is my best midfielder!
View attachment 286937

November 2024

Another decent month in the league but Oneke Williams missed almost 6 weeks around 5 games after scoring 4 goals in the opening 3 games this month.
I changed the tactic slightly again to allow for just the one striker but Spear never plays well without Oneke Williams next to him.

FA Cup 1st round
1 - 2 Crewe A
Williams 30

2 - 1 Barnet A
Williams 32 Spear 79

2 - 2 Wycombe H
Williams 71, 88

1 - 1 Oxford A
Yeoman 91

1 - 0 Northampton H
Garthwaite o.g 23

2 - 1 Luton A
Spear 19 Claydon 88

Luck was on our side majorly this month, my team seems to play well right til the last minute of every game with bagging two wins and a draw thanks to late goals. In the Northampton game Spear was banned so we were lucky they scored an own goal because we could have been there all day and we wouldnt have!

Npower League 2 Table
View attachment 286990View attachment 286992

As you can see we have shot up the table and are only a few points off the play offs which would be amazing as i was thinking relegation battle only 2 months ago.

Player of the Month
View attachment 286994

Spear at 32 has been doing brilliantly but he is a dirty ******!

December 2024

My best month so far, we seem to ride our luck in a lot of games and if i ever go 2 up i generally put DM's and CB'S on for my strikers so i can get the points.
Spear has been on fine form with Williams not coming back until the 3rd game, Portsmouth are probably the best team in the league and the 5-1 drubbing they dished out to me showed my squads frailties.
Spear and Bodin have got so many yellow cards that they are both banned for the first two games of January, where does a striker pick up 10 yellow cards!

1 - 2 Aldershot H
Spear 68

2 - 0 Hartlepool H
Pritchard 49 Spear 71

2 - 1 Cheltenham H
Williams 49 Spear 63

1 - 5 Portsmouth A
Spear 33

2 - 0 Kiddeminster A
Williams 18 Spear 56

2 - 1 Rochdale H
Spear 13, 71

1 - 0 Chesterfield H
Spear 28

A superb month with the results pushing us into the play off places and Spear actually becoming joint top goalscorer!

Npower League 2
View attachment 287036View attachment 287037

Player of the Month
View attachment 287038

An amazing month for Spear at his age to even play 7 games in a row let alone score a goal in every one of them!

January 2025

A very short month as we are out of all the cup competitions so only 4 league games to play, Bodin and Spear both miss the first two games and it shows and then unfortunately Williams gets injured in the 3rd match and will be missing til March.

0 - 2 Bradford A

1 - 1 Fleetwood A
Williams 8

1 - 0 Shrewsbury H
Spear 59

2 - 0 Burton A
Spear 26 Llyod 87

My team is so hot and cold, one minute we can lose and never look like scoring and then next minute win with the opposition not even having a shot.

Npower League 2
View attachment 287043View attachment 287044

Player of the Month
View attachment 287045
It has to be Spear again as he gets the goals and scores most of them without any help from the rest of the team.

Febuary 2025

An even shorter month this time around with only 3 games, the reserve strikers managed to grab a goal each in the opening game and then Williams was back and you can see that in Spear's performance

2 - 2 Shrewsbury H
Yeoman 13 Llyod 84

3 - 1 Barnsley H
Spear 11, 18, 38

3 - 1 Port Vale A
Williams 31 Bodin 37 Spear 65

Good results which keep us within touching distance of the automatic places which seemed so far away a few months ago but with 10 games to go we are only 5 points away from it.

Npower league 2
View attachment 287057View attachment 287058

Player of the Month
View attachment 287059

He has been a shining light at the back for us this season and he is always ready to put a shift in for us.

looking good, keep it up. promotion playofs hopefully!
how you finding the save compared to utd?

Wow it's kind of amazing that most if not all of the teams are still the same after what, 12 years? Good luck in the ending months!

Wow it's kind of amazing that most if not all of the teams are still the same after what, 12 years? Good luck in the ending months!

i dont know if that is because i only loaded npower league 1 and 2 last season?

looking good, keep it up. promotion playofs hopefully!
how you finding the save compared to utd?

Preferring it at the moment as there is more of a challenge to it, i am not going to win every game, i cant sign any player i want and i really have to search for players myself rather than scout them out so im not just clicking next watching the seasons go by like it felt with the last few man utd seasons

dont suppose you could help me out? i'm getting bored of saves
im undeciable on. liverpool.. try to do well with them
crewe in league 1. good youth facilites long term save
wolves in championship has a top team in that league
or middlesborough have they have amazing regens?
tbh it between crewe or boro i'm not sure who to be what would you choose?