torquaylad

Reaction score
I started this story some games into my season so i have posted screen shots of my results so far and will post my transfers in and out.

Torquay United Football Club would like to announce the managerial changes made at the club .Paul Buckle has been relieved of his duties as manager after mutual consent was agreed between both parties, this has been welcomed by fans who have had issues with buckles managerial ways for a while. The Torquay United Board have appointed former Bath City manager Jordan Harlock, the supporters seem to have a mixed feeling about this as he is very unknown however some feel it may be good for the club and see him as an upcoming star.

Simon Baker the Torquay chairman said "we feel it was time to let Paul (buckle) go, he got us promotion and we are thankfull but he wasn't right for the club. We have full beliefe in Jordan (Harlock) and he has our full backing"

Jordan released a statment to the press stating: "I am delighted to have been asked to join this club, it has a wonderfull set up here and they pride themselves on thier youth team. i have been looking into Torquays youth players in my time at Bath and they are exciting players. I hope the fans will give me a fair chance rather than immediatly judging me for lack of expirience, i feel at the age of 25 i am still an upcoming manager and i hope to spend much of my career at this club, it can and will reach high levels. After promotion last season to League 2 the fans will be expecting us to stay up, and in no circumstances will we return to the conference. i can't wait to see the players train and the first game"

Last edited by a moderator:
Results up to now

these are the results up to now the story will continue from here with proper posts sorry guys.

In:

Guy Branston £0
***** topp £0 (50k compensation)
Kevin Mcdonald £6k

Out:

N/A

Last edited:
Torquay lined up with an unchanged line up from last game but were still suffering from injuries with ashley yeoman and sal halpin in the squad al be it one on the bench. Torquay were looking for a win after 2 3-1 losses.

Lol theres a player called ***** Topp, think about it

HAHA!

Torquay on the end of embarrasing defeat!

Torquay 1-3 Rotherham

Mark-Ellis-Torquay_2449434.jpg

Destrought Mark Ellis shows the feeling of his teamates as he watches the the Rotherham team celebrate. With Torquay doing so well at the beggining and making a name for themselves at the top of the table they dropped to 4th after the 3-1 defeat to Rotherham.

Things looked to be going well for Torquay when Danny Stevens opened with a good goal but Torquay found themselves on level terms moments later when Le Fondre scored his first. Just 6 minuites later and Rotherham found themselves in the lead with a freak goal by Tom pope, it looked to stay this way with a shocking performance from Torquay today and it was just too much as Rotherham piled on the pressure to add thier 3rd from Le Fondre, his 2nd of the game.

Harlock said "Teams loose it happens in football and i can take that as long as i know my players put the effort and perfomance in but today it looked like they didn't turn up it was a disguisting performance and i am embarrased"

Captian Lee Mansell had this to say: "i apoligize to the fans on behalf of the team and we will bounce back next game against Port Vale"

i would say improve the layout, but its nice to see a lower league side story. I'd advise you to look at the story advise threads

Port Vale 2-2 Torquay United

0,,10445~7903180,00.jpg

Torquay lined up in this fixture with still some of the youth squad and reserve rowe-turner in the squad, Harlock will surely be counting the days until the return of his injured and suspended players.

The match started well for Torquay as they piled on the pressure and seemed to have put thier last game against Rotherham behind them but then disaster struck as port vale broke away quickly to score a thumping header by Craig Davies, but Torquay remained the dominant and it soon paid off with Benyon scoring from an inch perfect pass from Topp, then again Torquay were in trouble when O'kane was injured and Harlock had to bring yeoman on from the youth team in AMC meaning torquay now fielded 4-1-3-2 a risky offensive formation. The teams went in at 1-1 with Torquay looking the better team but needing to tighten up the defence.

Torquay once again caught on the break in the 78th minuite as port vale countered again to win a corner the corner was wipped in quick with pace and Luke Prosser simply nodded it into the back of the net, Torquay once again behind against the run of play. Then in the 85th minuite ***** Topp latched onto a long ball from Wroe to score a placed shot in the bottom corner United back on level terms 2-2

Harlock had this to say after the game- "we played awfull last week and i am pleased we seem to have found our perfomance again we must keep it going and just get a bit sharper in front of goal to convert these chances, im content with the draw"

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Novemeber monthly report.

November has been a downhill month for Torquay they have been hit by injury and suspension and find themselves lieing in 4th position from being 1st at the start of November. however harlock will be hoping this bad luck ends soon.

Player Of The Month:

images

***** Topp

Top Goalscorer So Far:

Elliot Benyon - 11

images

***** Topp - 11

Last edited:
Good start pal, ***** topp is qaulity at league 1 nd 2 level

torquayheader.png

Torquay United 2-0 Cheltenham

0,,10445~3610009,00.jpg

Torquay saw the return of Adam Smith and Chris Robertson for this League 2 clash against
Cheltenham at Plainmoor. Harlock immediatly involved the players with Smith going back to
his usuall position of RB with captain Lee Mansell moving up to MC to replace the injured
O'kane. Robertson was started on the bench.

Torquay Couldnt Believe it when they were ahead from the Kick off. just 36 seconds into the
game ***** Topp broke through the defence and rifled the ball into the bottom left corner
1-0 United.

20 minuites in and Topp had a great chance to level the scores with a pass from Jake
Thomson finding its way to him in the 6 yard box but somehow he smashed it into the sidenetting.

Cheltenham piled on the pressure but Torquay held firm to go in at the break with a 1-0 lead.

Benyon sprung free of the Cheltenham defence on 57 minuites but hit the post and slumped to
the floor knowing a 2 goal cushion would have made the game so much easier for United.

Chris Robertson and Sol Halpin made their way onto the pitch at 62 minuites for Nicholson and
Danny Stevens. This proved a great decision by Harlock as moments later sol halpin headed
the ball back across goal from a thomson cross for ***** Topp to grab his 2nd of the game. 2-0 United.

Disaster struck at 78 minites as on his first match back from suspension adam smith picked up his
2nd yellow card of the game and was sent down the tunnel. Harlock looked furious with the youngster.

Harlock had this to say after the game- "i am pleased with the performance it was solid and we got the 3
points we needed." he was then asked to comment on the red card of Adam Smith "i can't make any
excuses for the lad he has just returned after serving a ban and to be sent off in the next game is
unnaceptable players know when on a yellow you have to stay on your feet. he's young and will
hopefully learn"

torquayfooter.png

Last edited:
npowerhead.jpg

Accrington 0-0 Torquay United

0,,10445~7442084,00.jpg

Dispair for Torquay as Nicky Wroe misses penalty above.

Harlocks Torquay side travelled up to accrington for this League 2 fixture. Harlock travelled with just a small squad of 17 players he choose to only take 6 subs. He was asked why he didn't take youngster Ashley Yeoman after he has proved to be a good player even at this level. Harlock responded "it was a tough decision but yeoman has been involved in many first team games and is tiring i would rather not risk him and he can go back to helping the youth and reserves."

Harlock made few changes to the squad bringing in Chris Robertson at right back for the suspended adam smith.

36 minuites in and a penalty was arwarded to Torquay for a push on Mark Ellis, Wroe stepped up for the spot kick but drilled it straight down the middle for Dean Bouzanis to push it away. Altrinicham let off.

The teams went in level at 0-0, there were few moments to get excited in the match and only the penalty to talk about.

The 2nd half was much the same with few chances and a bore to watch.

Final Score 0-0.

Harlock commented on his teams perfomance after the game- "we were average today and it wasn't good enough, still we got a good point we must beat Darlington at plainmoor next saturday."
Nicky Wroe was also asked to comment- "i apologize for the penalty it was a poor penalty i struck it hard but straight at the keeper it could and should have won us the game."

npowerfooter.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

torquayheader.png

Harlock releases formal apology.

Harlock has released a statment apologizing to fans for the poor perfomance of the team.
"Although at the beggining of the season we were tipped for relegation and we are now 4th
in the league which i would have bitten your hand of at if you had offered me tht at the
start of the season. but we held at the top of the table for a long time and i feel that being
4th is just not good enough. I hope the fans stick by us and results will pick up im sure of it."

torquayfooter.png

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

npowerhead.jpg

"Not good enough again"
Torquay United 1-1 Darlington
0,,10445~8686259,00.jpg

Mustapha Carayol celebrates after scoring the equaliser.

Torquay manager Jordan Harlock had the choice of including Adam smith into his squad
as he returned from suspension but he choose not to include him in the starting 11 which
is rare for this manager as Smith seems to have been a big part for Torquay so far this
season. Darlington lined up rather defnsivly fielding a 4-1-4-1 formation.

The weather in the english rivera was awfull with the rain lashing down but play was to continue.
Parish in the Darlington goal was having trouble holding onto the wet ball and Torquay were
piling the pressure on.

As Torquay piled everything forward to get that goal Darlington broke quickly and striker Diop
popped the ball in the net from 4 yards out. 1-0 Darlington.

In the 86th minuite carayol had a goal ruled out for offside but moments later carayol
scored a volley in they 89th minuite.

Torquay continued to push but just couldnt make it count. Torquay had the best of
the posession finishing on an overall of 66% possesion. The game finished 1-1.

Assistant manager Shaun North said "we are looking good
shown by the possesion and stats but we just can't seem to find
that cutting edge infront of goal and im sure we will work on it in training."

Lee Mansell said "we simply wern't good enough in front of goal"

npowerfooter.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

npowerhead.jpg

Crewe 3-1 Torquay
Zola_275x189.jpg

Clayton Donaldson celebrates putting crewe 2-0 up.

Torquay struck disaster this week as Jake Thomson and Guy Branston were both injured in
training, with Chris Zebroski still out and Eunan O'kane on international duties. this left
Harlock to have to bring Yeoman back to the squad and it seems Saul Halpin won't be leaving
the matchday squad for a long while as Torquay are repeatedly hit with selection issues.

Crewe were controversially awarded a penalty in the 21st minuite as kieran charnock put a
sliding tackle in the area. The penalty was driven in low to the right hand corner of the goal.

Crewe doubled their lead on 37 minuites through Crewes leading scorer Donaldson.

Torquay found themselves 2-0 down at half time.

Zola made it 3-0 on 66 minuites it looked like plain sailing from here for Crewe.

Saul Halpin scored in the 74th minuite it was his first goal for Torquay and even his first ever
senior goal.

The game ended Crewe 3-1 Torquay.

Jordan Harlock commented after the game - "another poor performance from us im afraid.
The only positive i can see is Sauls first ever senior goal i hope it will give him confidence
and i can see him turning into a star player like Carayol"

npowerfooter.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

npowerhead.jpg

Terrible Torquay loose again!
Torquay United 0-3 Hereford

0,,10445~7127975,00.jpg

Michael poke in dispair as Hereford score 3rd goal.

Torquay got off to a bad start conceding in just the first 9 minuites.

Torquay went in 1-0 down at the break and it looked to be another dissapointing defeat with
a boring first half. Hopefully Torquay would turn it around.

Just 3 minuites after the break Torquay found themselves 2-0 down it looked to be going
awfull.

At 60 minuites it went to 3-0 and Torquay looked buried.

The final whistle went and 'boo's' whistled around plainmoor. Harlock looked very on edge
and looked furious as all the players took a walk of shame down the tunnel, will this bad run
ever end for the yellows.

Harlock had this to say "this run will end and has to end soon. We have hit a bad patch and i
will the fans to stick by the players we need them more than ever now."

npowerfooter.jpg

Last edited:
good update way better unlucky with the results though .... keep it up.

npowerhead.jpg

Torquay unlucky in defeat.
Bournemouth 3-2 Torquay
1201039456_spt_ai_bournemouth_v_luton_17.jpg

Bournemouth celebrate late winner.

Torquay were left devestated again after looking to have the edge in the opening minuites
they were soon reduced to 10 men when Kieran Charnock was sent of after just 27 minuites.

Despite being down to 10 men Torquay continued to press and Captain for the match Nicky
Wroe Placed a shot from the edge of the area into the top left hand corner the Torquay fans
went wild.

Within 10 minuites Bournemouth had pulled level through luck as a corner was whipped in
Wroe headed to clear and Mark (Ellis) missed his header and pittman nocked into an empty
net from less than a yard, 1-1.

Half Time and the teams went in level Torquay looked the stronger team.

Torquay still looked the stronger team despite being down to 10 men but Bournemouth
sprung on the counter and Liam Feeney shot through on goal and blasted the ball into the
back of the net. 2-1 Bournemouth.

Torquay still didn't give up and looked more determined than ever and it paid off to pull back
to 2-2 with a superb solo effort by ***** Topp on 73 minuites.

If anyone looked like winning it was Torquay they continued to press and were unlucky not
to score but disaster struck and Torquay lapsed concentration to give Steve Fletcher the
opertune moment to Steal the game 3-2 Bournemouth.

npowerfooter.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

good update way better unlucky with the results though .... keep it up.

thanks mate, hopefully they will pick up soon.

Last edited:
npowerhead.jpg

December monthly report!

Torquay manager Jordan Harlock has had a terrible past month and the fans are desperate for
it to improve. Torquay got just 4 points out of a possible 18 during december.

Player of the month

images

Elliott Benyon

Top Goalscorer

images

***** Topp - 14 goals

Manager comments:

This month has been a bad time for Torquay United and the players know they aren't doing
good enough. But the fans have been with us every game and i can't thank them enough, it
must be hard watching us and knowing we can and should be doing better. The players are
working hard in training and im sure the results will come soon.

npowerfooter.jpg

Last edited:
npowerhead.jpg

Torquay stuck in another draw.
Barnet 1-1 Torquay United

images

Elliott Benyon scores the
equaliser.

Torquay started this game knowing they needed a win, but could they overcome Barnet to
get the valuable 3 points.

It Reached Halftime 0-0 but ***** Topp had hit the post on 20 minuites it seemed to
be heading for a bore draw.

Torquay looked to be going down to another defeat in the 51st minuite as Medley raced
through on goal after Rowe-turner let him slip past too easily 1-0 Barnet . but benyon had different
ideas and on 53 minuites he got through on goal and burried the ball into the top left.

Rowe-turner was then dismissed for a second yellow card on 77 minuites.

Harlock had this to say "another draw is fustrating especially when i feel we should
have won comfortbaly with the run of play but these things happen. i am very dissapointed
in Rowe-turner he has come into the squad to show he can be first team material and
has got himself sent off and could have cost us the match."

npowerfooter.jpg

Last edited:
npowerhead.jpg

Torquay loose yet again.
Torquay 0-4 Dagenham & Redbridge

Paul-Benson.jpg

Paul Benson Scores his 2nd of the game.

Torquay finally have a fully injury free squad as Branston returned from an injury. Harlock
lined up with a familiar line-up. saul halpin dropped from the bench to be replaced with jake
thomson.

A drab match at plainmoor with the teams going in 0-0 at half time and nothing for the fans to
really get excited about. Harlock brought Benyon on for Topp at halftime with Topp looking
tired.

On 50 minuites Benson played a great pass to Scott and he drilled it into the goal. Torquay
looked to be going downhill yet again. Just 5 minuites later Gobern got through and made it
2-0 Dagenham.

Benson got Dagenhams 3rd as Charnock tried to head it back to Poke but Benson jumped in
and just nodded it over Poke.

Benson wrapped it up for Dagenham on 89 minuites as Torquay were caught with all men
forward. Torquay fans were leaving now.

Harlock said - "i am ashamed and appauled to have conceded 4 at home and to have barely
put up a fight its unnaceptable."

npowerfooter.jpg

Last edited:
unlucky results m8 youre form has really dropped and u need to turn it around quickly i would suggest dropping some of youre more experienced players who are playing badly and calling up some younger players.

npowerhead.jpg

Torquay "unlucky to draw"
Chesterfield 1-1 Torquay

0,,10445~7238456,00.jpg

Man of the match Charnock warms up.

Chris Zebroski was called up into AMR position in place of Danny Stevens who Harlock
dropped from the squad.

In the 28th minuite lester scored from a textbook corner, where was the Torquay defence!?

Chesterfield went in deservedly leading at the break and not looking to back down.

The teams came out for the second half and it was completly reversed Torquay piled on the
pressure from the word go and it eventually paid off in the 85th minuite when Topp played a
great ball across the box and benyon smashed it low and into the net.

Goalscorer Benyon said "i was happy to score but feel i could have scored earlier i feel we
were unlucky to draw"

npowerfooter.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent another manager trying to bring success to the south, great start I will be following