Torres joy at first Chelsea goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 3K
congrats to Torres for finally ending his very very very very long drought.

Hopefully he'll get back in form now

Well Done Torres. It only took you 2 and a half months.

Well... It was fun while it lasted.

This could only lead to one thing now, Torres scoring 30+ next season.

Fernando Torres- £50,000,000 = 1 goal

Javier Hernandez- £6,000,000 = 12 goals

a nothing state but it makes for good reading.

hopefully people will just get off his back now, got a bit boring after the first month.

Let's do the math
£50,000,000 times 1 = 50,000,000
£6,000,000 times 12 = 72,000,000
There's no big difference, only 11 goals and £44,000,000. Im mean again :P

Right, he's scored his goal, he's made his point, now can we just give it another year while he does a Shevchenko and goes back to his childhood club with his tail between his legs and a large loss in money for Chelsea. At least it wasn't as bad as Forlan at Manchester United :P

On a more serious note I still doubt him doing well at Chelsea, he hasn't been good since Benitez was comfortable in a job at Anfield. He also needs to be played up top on his own and have a wealth of creativity to supply him. Chelsea have Benayoun and possibly Anelka if used in a trequartista role but Benayoun is injured and always going to be a back up and Anelka could go at the end of the season. So where would the supply come from.

Lampard as we all know is best driving from deep ad attacking the box late, not for defence ripping passes. Essien is too much of an engine and workhorse to be relied on for creativity, its not where his strengths lie. Mikel probably hasn't played the ball any further than 15 yards in his life and rarely passes forward.

Malouda can be very good but also absolutely shocking and creativity from wide out isn't all that easy. We've seen Zhirkov play in the centre of midfield but its not where he is strongest and to be fair he hasn't delivered for Chelsea. Ramires is too similar to Essien only a bit more attacking.

So who is left? I guess Chelsea will have to nurture McEachran until he is capable of sustaining a first team place which could be a while yet, he is only 17-18. So that's my view on it, Torres did well at Liverpool when he had Gerrard and Xabi Alonso feeding him. Chelsea can't provide that passing ability and creativity

He is a good player, but I don't think he will recreate his form when we came second in the league again, due to a demise in his physical side, such as pace and strength. He was quite lucky (yet unlucky due to the wet ground) but he took his chance well and it was fully deserved. Well done 'El Nino', but I'm not totally convinced that he is a great signing yet.

the year we came second, was his lowest scoring year for liverpool. bagging 14 goals.

Fernando Torres- £50,000,000 = 1 goal

Javier Hernandez- £6,000,000 = 12 goals

a nothing state but it makes for good reading.

hopefully people will just get off his back now, got a bit boring after the first month.

Difference is that 6 million hurt Utd's bank balance more than the 50million did to Chelsea's ;)

Right, he's scored his goal, he's made his point, now can we just give it another year while he does a Shevchenko and goes back to his childhood club with his tail between his legs and a large loss in money for Chelsea. At least it wasn't as bad as Forlan at Manchester United :P

On a more serious note I still doubt him doing well at Chelsea, he hasn't been good since Benitez was comfortable in a job at Anfield. He also needs to be played up top on his own and have a wealth of creativity to supply him. Chelsea have Benayoun and possibly Anelka if used in a trequartista role but Benayoun is injured and always going to be a back up and Anelka could go at the end of the season. So where would the supply come from.

Lampard as we all know is best driving from deep ad attacking the box late, not for defence ripping passes. Essien is too much of an engine and workhorse to be relied on for creativity, its not where his strengths lie. Mikel probably hasn't played the ball any further than 15 yards in his life and rarely passes forward.

Malouda can be very good but also absolutely shocking and creativity from wide out isn't all that easy. We've seen Zhirkov play in the centre of midfield but its not where he is strongest and to be fair he hasn't delivered for Chelsea. Ramires is too similar to Essien only a bit more attacking.

So who is left? I guess Chelsea will have to nurture McEachran until he is capable of sustaining a first team place which could be a while yet, he is only 17-18. So that's my view on it, Torres did well at Liverpool when he had Gerrard and Xabi Alonso feeding him. Chelsea can't provide that passing ability and creativity

McEachran can already play in that role and has been for the youth team this season. Benayoun had one bad injury which was a shame but it fit at the moment. There is no guarrentee that Anelka will be sold in the summer yet and we do have players that can set players up. Over the 6year period Lampard has more assists then Gerrard and as we saw Yesrerday Drogba can also play deep and set up goals. If worse comes to worse they we could even sign a player in the summer.

Happy Torres broke his duck-it was badly needed for his confidence. It was a little obvious it was heading through the floor. I doubt very much it'll be a Schevchenko situation though-even though I did say it could possibly be that so I hold my hands up on that one :$. He is without doubt a tremondously talented player. Not saying that'll he start suddenly banging them in like billyo in the remaining games-Chelsea still need to get the supply a bit right. But mark my words, next season, he'll be back with a vengance. And I'm looking forward to it. Don't like seeing a player like Torres suffering with such a goal drought like he did.

I hope for Torres sake that he starts to scores some more goals. And i hope Ancelotti is Chelsea boss next season too because he has given Torres the chance..and started him many games where he maybe should have started Drogba. And that might have cost them the CL.

Now, it's time for Torres to destroy Tottenham. ;)

Last edited:
He was an amazing player. After his knee surgery at Pool a year ago he has never been the same player. Liverpool did very well to get £50M for him. I personally don't think he will be the same player again, his movement is poor and he is also very lazy (like towards the end of his pool days). Chelsea have a world class player in Drogba who they really do need to keep in the summer...

Back