Torres lacking belief - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 3K
Who was Atletico manager when Torres was there?

He also got the best out of Mr.Torres. I despise Liverpool, but I'm a massive fan of Torres. I hope he finds his form again, hopefully after Wayne does and starts scoring goals and proving himself as one of the best strikers in the Premier League and the World.

He is lacking a big target man parnter.

Torres can't handle the physical presence of the PL anymore and if he had a big target man up with him someone like Carlton Cole etc the defenders would have to leave Torres abit because they need to get into the big man insted.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I think he could possibly play that role yes.

Torres played as lone striker and scored loads of goals. He was very unlucky with the injuries last season, still he scored goals playing as lone striker. What he needs is a Manager who can play to his strengths not someone who just want to hoof and hope something might happen.

Torres played as lone striker and scored loads of goals. He was very unlucky with the injuries last season, still he scored goals playing as lone striker. What he needs is a Manager who can play to his strengths not someone who just want to hoof and hope something might happen.

Yes but he can't take the phycality of the PL anymore he even said it himself.

Who was Atletico manager when Torres was there?

He also got the best out of Mr.Torres. I despise Liverpool, but I'm a massive fan of Torres. I hope he finds his form again, hopefully after Wayne does and starts scoring goals and proving himself as one of the best strikers in the Premier League and the World.
There were several: Manzano, Bianchi, Murcia and Aguirre

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

no, he cant take being kicked from behind in the ankles anymore, slightly different

Physicality means kicking at ankles? No players can take that. Like i said he was very unlucky with injuries, and with thugs we have in league, it is hard for him to keep himself fit. It has nothing to do with He cant play as lone striker.

Physicality means kicking at ankles? No players can take that. Like i said he was very unlucky with injuries, and with thugs we have in league, it is hard for him to keep himself fit. It has nothing to do with He cant play as lone striker.

He prefers playing as a lone striker, that's the thing. Also, since he's such a threat, as we all know, CB's from all over the PL constantly kick him. It's what he gets with being so good.

There were several: Manzano, Bianchi, Murcia and Aguirre

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

no, he cant take being kicked from behind in the ankles anymore, slightly different

But thats what happens in the PL whether its fair or not. He can't take the slack upfront on his own anymore i said this before the season even started and its proven to be true. I was encouraged when i heard pool were trying to sign Carlton Cole on deadline day and i believe if they got him or someone like him they wouldn't be 19th. And obviously Hodgson wanted a target man because not only did he try and sign Cole didn't he try and sign Mario Gomez aswell???

If I was Hogson I'd start N'Gog for the next few games! He's been scoring goals and if we can pull a few wins together confidence will slowly grow, then once we start playing Torres again the players around him will be playing better and he'll get better service ect. Then hopefully he'll start playing.

liverpool were **** poor an torres needs to be dropped an hodgson is a joke

But thats what happens in the PL whether its fair or not. He can't take the slack upfront on his own anymore i said this before the season even started and its proven to be true. I was encouraged when i heard pool were trying to sign Carlton Cole on deadline day and i believe if they got him or someone like him they wouldn't be 19th. And obviously Hodgson wanted a target man because not only did he try and sign Cole didn't he try and sign Mario Gomez aswell???

Apperently Llorento aswell...

Really don't want to play 4-4-2 though, but it looks like we will need to.

torres started to have a go when he put ngog up ther with him he needs some upfront with cos hes **** on is own

Apperently Llorento aswell...

Really don't want to play 4-4-2 though, but it looks like we will need to.

Im glad you agree mate i just think defenders know how to keep Torres out the game now and imagine if a big man was upfront with him the defenders would be natuarly drawn to the bigman leaving Torres free at times.

If I was Hogson I'd start N'Gog for the next few games! He's been scoring goals and if we can pull a few wins together confidence will slowly grow, then once we start playing Torres again the players around him will be playing better and he'll get better service ect. Then hopefully he'll start playing.

I think that if he plays N'Gog and he plays well, then surely you can't drop him when the team is playing well. That wouldn't be fair on the young French man.

liverpool were **** poor an torres needs to be dropped an hodgson is a joke

Thanks for your invaluable input. I don't know where this conversation would be leading without you.

Im glad you agree mate i just think defenders know how to keep Torres out the game now and imagine if a big man was upfront with him the defenders would be natuarly drawn to the bigman leaving Torres free at times.

I still have to disagree :$ I mean, a fully fit Torres with a team and maanger playing to his strenghths will always keep them guessing.

I still have to disagree :$ I mean, a fully fit Torres with a team and maanger playing to his strenghths will always keep them guessing.

Thats fine mate i accept your point of view, at the end of the day were would we be without debate ay lol.

Back