Torres lacking belief - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 3K
alex ye *** bandit go an sucks eggs

I actually LOL'd at this..

Torres needs to put his head down and start working hard in the gym. Bulk up and start giving it as good as he gets IMO. Then he'd be even more of a force.

Punishment or promise? ;)

I'll let you decide, since you are the taker. ;)

Anyway...
Hodgson out! As I've said a bunch-a times, he's not a winner. John Henry wants to be. Two games according to Hodgson's words before we can judge. Pellegrini in :wub:

once again people are blaming the managers first it was the owner how about blame the player for once torres had a poor world cup he dont show much love for liverpool like he did the first year might be a good idea to sell up next summer

once again people are blaming the managers first it was the owner how about blame the player for once torres had a poor world cup he dont show much love for liverpool like he did the first year might be a good idea to sell up next summer

Same could be said for Rooney.

Same could be said for Rooney.

i agree mate today there was strong reports in him being sold in jan wasent true i do like torrres hope he can turn it around but if not may be time for him to move on

Well it would help if you didn't just hoof the ball up to him, maybe play it to his feet?

No, he requires a through ball from midfield to run on to. That's his game; he likes to play off the shoulder of his marker & use his blistering pace to skin him. Not a long ball, you understand, an accurate 15 yder will do the job. He's not a Berbatov; he's a Torres.

However, such short-to-medium passes don't jive with Hodgson's philosophy ( **** philosophy ) of getting the ball forward from back to front asap; the players seem to hate it as much as the fans.

It took Rafa a long time to alienate his better players; RH has done it remarkably quickly.

Last edited:
People saying Hodgson is **** are a bit silly, and its a very unfair statement. Firstly, look at the amount of teams hes managed, and hes done well with most of them, hes managed in Asia, Middle East and Scandinavia and hes done pretty well. Look at the job he did with fulham aswell, no offense to fulham fans, the squad is very average bar Zamora and Hangeland and he got them to a Europa League final, also people forget after Lawrie Sanchez' epic fail as manager he kept them up almost miraculously. I think that sadly he is not fit for top clubs, he is better at a mid table/8th-10th place team, but torres is completely lacking belief. I think that punting balls up to him is a bad idea.

They should blates loan him to H&Y for a few months.

People saying Hodgson is **** are a bit silly, and its a very unfair statement. Firstly, look at the amount of teams hes managed, and hes done well with most of them, hes managed in Asia, Middle East and Scandinavia and hes done pretty well. Look at the job he did with fulham aswell, no offense to fulham fans, the squad is very average bar Zamora and Hangeland and he got them to a Europa League final, also people forget after Lawrie Sanchez' epic fail as manager he kept them up almost miraculously. I think that sadly he is not fit for top clubs, he is better at a mid table/8th-10th place team, but torres is completely lacking belief. I think that punting balls up to him is a bad idea.
its not that he is rubbish, its that he is clearly a very intelligent manager, who wanst to play a certain way. But not only does he not have the current pleyers to do it. (no targetman etc), its actually exposing the flaws of the players hes got.

The game against united was a perfect example. first half was like today, lots of long balls to torres with his back to goal, very narrow play, and we dominated. Second half meireles tucked in behind torres, passing balls into the channels and getting torres on thh ball facing goal, first good pass wins a penalty from evans, second got him brought down by o shea, and they got the 2nf from the free kick, that second half, torres got the right kind of service and he caused us all sorts of problems despite not being fit or on form. this is what he must do if he wants to turn liverpool around. Supply Torres and the rest will start to fall into place

its not that he is rubbish, its that he is clearly a very intelligent manager, who wanst to play a certain way. But not only does he not have the current pleyers to do it. (no targetman etc), its actually exposing the flaws of the players hes got.

The game against united was a perfect example. first half was like today, lots of long balls to torres with his back to goal, very narrow play, and we dominated. Second half meireles tucked in behind torres, passing balls into the channels and getting torres on thh ball facing goal, first good pass wins a penalty from evans, second got him brought down by o shea, and they got the 2nf from the free kick, that second half, torres got the right kind of service and he caused us all sorts of problems despite not being fit or on form. this is what he must do if he wants to turn liverpool around. Supply Torres and the rest will start to fall into place

I think this is the major problem to be quite honest ..

Hodgson's tactics are too predictable, they rely on heavily on wingers and a target man and Liverpool have neither. The Liverpool players haven't been adapt to his tactics which has led to poor performances. Roy his unwilling to change the system or accept new ideas. Someone said before that he is too stubborn and I very much agree with them. Another thing that annoyed me about Roy was he was always cautious to make a substitution and usually made it too late. Maybe if he had more funds in the transfer market, he would of been able to bring the players he thought necessary to take Liverpool forward but if he continues to play them in this fashion, it will just end in more disappointment and eventual sacking.

Back