Torres was worth £70m - Benitez

Simply look at the stats

he has got the best goal to game ratio in premier league history.. better than henry rvn ETC
Fastest ever player to reach 50 goals for LFC
47 goals in 52 prem games at anfield

how much more evidencre do you lot need?

in his prime, when fit and considering other ridiculas transfer fees I believe he "was" worth £50-£70m. The question is: is he the same player as before the answer is No
Question is could he be the same player as before: the answer is maybe, consider he is only 26years (soon to be 27) so if he is mentally fit( he is happier now which may result is better physical fitness) is could reach those peaks again

thank you Alcaraz and LFCMarshall for agreeing with me :)

I would have done it anyway, I dont mind people insulting him and calling him a *** etc. cos that was to be expected when he makes a transfer like that, what I cant stand is people degrading his ability just because he moved to Chelsea

I would have done it anyway, I dont mind people insulting him and calling him a *** etc. cos that was to be expected when he makes a transfer like that, what I cant stand is people degrading his ability just because he moved to Chelsea

totally agree.. i was sticking up for even when he handed in a transfer request.. i cant blame him for wnating to win trophies BUT in the interview on CFCTV he basically never mentioned lfc once and that was really disrespectful becasue we made him what he is ..

But in terms of quality there is no doubt happy and on form he is unstoppable

well then your the most stupid person imaginable.. all fans are the same - bad form = he's **** never gunna do it again. hhahaa make me laugh

theres no doubt he can be a great player. im not saying this year his form is bad so he'll always be ****, but i'd just want for the money someone who doesnt go all emo when its not going his way. he's a player with great technical ability but needs the rest of the team to do the work and then he shine. he does still manage to score a fair amount of goal, but just saying basically for 50m i'd want henry in his prime.

Torres was never worth 70 million in his career. at his peak in england (08-09) he was worth easily the 50 million chelsea paid now, and probably a fair bit more, but not 70 million. IF (and that is the issue now) chelsea can get him back to his best he could be worth the 50 they paid.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

also the fact that a 70 million deal was mooted doesnt mean he was worth 70 million

totally agree.. i was sticking up for even when he handed in a transfer request.. i cant blame him for wnating to win trophies BUT in the interview on CFCTV he basically never mentioned lfc once and that was really disrespectful becasue we made him what he is ..

He did mention Liverpool. The interview that is going round is a shortened interview but in the long interview he actually praises Liverpool.

If we get the Torres of 18 months back then the money was well worth it without a dout.

You didn't make Torres what he is, he was already one o the highest rated young strikers in Europe before you signed him, captain of At.Madrid. No offence, but if Liverpool hadn't signed him, he would have moved to an equally prestiged club, such as Chelsea for example or Barcelona.

He did mention Liverpool. The interview that is going round is a shortened interview but in the long interview he actually praises Liverpool.

If we get the Torres of 18 months back then the money was well worth it without a dout.
yeah ive seen the quotes from the interview. there is some liberal editing going round to make it look like he's dismissing liverpol

yeah ive seen the quotes from the interview. there is some liberal editing going round to make it look like he's dismissing liverpol

Its what i expect from ChelseaTV. The interview was only caught by ChelseaTV so they got to pick what part went to SkySports. But when the whole interview was released on paper and on the net you could see Liverpool was mentioned by Torres and he stated he owes alot to Liverpool and would never say a bad word against them. You will hear more later i suspect because the press conference is being recorded by Sky.

Its what i expect from ChelseaTV. The interview was only caught by ChelseaTV so they got to pick what part went to SkySports. But when the whole interview was released on paper and on the net you could see Liverpool was mentioned by Torres and he stated he owes alot to Liverpool and would never say a bad word against them. You will hear more later i suspect because the press conference is being recorded by Sky.
im guessing its to stoke the flames ahead of sunday's game

im guessing its to stoke the flames ahead of sunday's game

Most definatly, and if it was the other way around them im sure LiverpoolTV would do the same. The lad is not stupid and he knows he owes alot to Liverpool. I think he misplaced one word maybe in the shortened interview by saying Chelsea were a bigger club, if he said better then many couldnt dis-agree.

yeah he sucks now does'nt he, probably in the worst form of his life still he manages to net 9 league goals, makes u wonder what he can do when he is on form does'nt it

I totally agree. I mean, Berbatov must be worth £150million since he has 19 goals. And liverpool got a bargain since they got Carroll for only £27million when he should be worth about £90million since he's scored 11 goals.
Your logic is rather faulty.

You didn't make Torres what he is, he was already one o the highest rated young strikers in Europe before you signed him, captain of At.Madrid. No offence, but if Liverpool hadn't signed him, he would have moved to an equally prestiged club, such as Chelsea for example or Barcelona.

Sorry but I disagree, he became a loved player at Liverpool and formed a great rapport with the fans and the players, that helped him improve just as much as time itself

Sorry but I disagree, he became a loved player at Liverpool and formed a great rapport with the fans and the players, that helped him improve just as much as time itself

I therefore disagree with this, if he hadn't signed for Liverpool, he could have formed this with another club.

Liverpool didn't make him.

If torres is worth £70m now how much for when he has a good season!
he worth £15-20m the rest is because of him

Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez tells the BBC a £70m deal for Fernando Torres was mooted last year.

More...

No he wasn't - his injury-proneness will always reduce his value significantly.....in a SANE transfer market that is. I reckon he was worth £50 mil at his BEST.

Just my opinion.

Torres is probably worth more than £50M but I feel Liverpool had to take the money ,
For a mid-table team , £50M is a lot of money.