Is the tactic working with weaker teams?

I haven't tested the tactic with weaker teams,but I'm sure it works for bigger teams
if you or someone else tests it with weaker teams, just inform me how it went

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

When will the tactic Total Barca v1.3

I will later try to make the v1.3
v1.2 is good, but in v1.3 i will try to make my AML (Pedro) and MCR (Iniesta) play better
becouse those two positions are curently not performing like the others
when I make it, and if it works i will upload it
but for now the v1.2 is doing great

Howdy mate, i would like to know what are the roles for your main players, being xavi, iniesta, villa and messi, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance.

Howdy mate, i would like to know what are the roles for your main players, being xavi, iniesta, villa and messi, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance.

yh what are the roles of your players

Here, I have put the player instruction for all players
Iniesta is not one of my key players, becouse he doesn't play as good as Xavi, Messi and Villa.
In the next version I will try to get better performances from Pedro and Iniesta, will surely give them new roles

I can see from your season stats that you have lost 2 times. Could you tell me which were the opponents, and why you believe you lost (f.e. missing first team players or tactic didnt work); Also, if ι΄ m not mistaking, xavi and iniesta have the same advanced settings in your tactics. I dont understand why there is such difference in their performance

I have a question - not especially tactic related. But doesn't Barca play a classic 4-3-3 system? All the Barca systems I see on this forum play 4-2-1-2-1?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7857/barcavrealteams.jpg When you take a look at that- you will see that the wingers that most people here use is actually not a valid barcelona tactic.

Last edited:
I can see from your season stats that you have lost 2 times. Could you tell me which were the opponents, and why you believe you lost (f.e. missing first team players or tactic didnt work); Also, if ι΄ m not mistaking, xavi and iniesta have the same advanced settings in your tactics. I dont understand why there is such difference in their performance

I lost against two of my biggest rivals, Espanyol and R.Madrid
both were away matches and i havve both lost 1:0
but at home i beat both of them 2:0

as you can see I lost to madrid becouse they scored one long shoot
I was controling most of the game but my team just couldn't score

my game against espanyol was my worst game of the season
in that game everything went wrong

in those screenshoots you will see that both madrid and espanyol were playing with the same formation against me. in those games my fullbacks (alves and maxwell) were set as attacking, but after the game against espanyol i have put them to support duty. after that a lot of teams have played this formation against me and they all have lost including madrid and espanyol. i also have beaten madrid in the spanish cup without messi, villa and xavi.
You're right that Xavi and Iniesta have the same advanced settings, but I have put Xavi (MCR) as my primary playmaker. Whenver I played iniesta on that position he performed great. Iniesta is not performing as good as xavi when they have the same settings. I will try to make iniesta more attacking to see will he perform better.

Spectacular! Thanks friend. I ll certainly give your tactics a try. Real Madrids win seems to be lucky according to the final stats. On the other hand, you lost possesion against Espaniol, but you had much more shots.

from your post, i think your conceded too much for barca. my advice, maybe you must tweak your defense a little bit. well i'm gonna try it to how see it works, great job though cheers (H)

I have a question - not especially tactic related. But doesn't Barca play a classic 4-3-3 system? All the Barca systems I see on this forum play 4-2-1-2-1?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7857/barcavrealteams.jpg When you take a look at that- you will see that the wingers that most people here use is actually not a valid barcelona tactic.

View attachment 127733
but look at this pedro and bojan are wingers but if you look at every game the shape shifts and changes theres others where messi is pictured playing "in the Hole" behind too strikers theres one were alves is so high up the pitch in terms of fm he's a wide midfielder. Its difficult because fm the players are "locked" in their positions unlike FIFA and PES were you can move them about. But if anyone makes a tactic were they have 70+ possession most games lots of passes and wins games fair play.

Last edited:
View attachment 127720
but look at this pedro and bojan are wingers but if you look at every game the shape shifts and changes theres others where messi is pictured playing "in the Hole" behind too strikers theres one were alves is so high up the pitch in terms of fm he's a wide midfielder. Its difficult because fm the players are "locked" in their positions unlike FIFA and PES were you can move them about. But if anyone makes a tactic were they have 70+ possession most games lots of passes and wins games fair play.

the attachment doesn't work for me.

But as far as I've read in magzines and watched tactics onlineo. Isn't barcelona known for it's "total football johan cruyff 70's 4-4-3" system? Epecially this season where messi sometimes drops to a AMC and villa as a forward (wide more than central)?

It just sounds to me like most people are interpretting the barca tactic the wrong way.

the attachment doesn't work for me.

But as far as I've read in magzines and watched tactics onlineo. Isn't barcelona known for it's "total football johan cruyff 70's 4-4-3" system? Epecially this season where messi sometimes drops to a AMC and villa as a forward (wide more than central)?

It just sounds to me like most people are interpretting the barca tactic the wrong way.

It might work just changed it. Take a look at the average position Barcelona vs Levante
View attachment 127734

It might work just changed it. Take a look at the average position Barcelona vs Levante
View attachment 127734

It's quite messy seeing all those numbers mixed up and not completely being able to read them. But to me it seems that Dani Alves (2) is more in a winger position than the rest of the team ever was. (?)

It's quite messy seeing all those numbers mixed up and not completely being able to read them. But to me it seems that Dani Alves (2) is more in a winger position than the rest of the team ever was. (?)

Its better to go on ESPN and have a look, but ESPN have the formation as 4-3-3 flat but I 4-5-1 and achive the same (well nearly)
View attachment 127761

Its down to the person I think, i have tried 4-3-3 I scored goals but the possession sucked and so did the passing but some people are successful with it, My problem is with my tactic is yes it keeps possession but no were near Barca I think I got 72% once I mainly get 62% my "Xavi role" the last 3 games I got less then 50 passes but before tiago got injured he was knocking 70+

Just to add I used what Catta uses for xavi full freedom and mixed passing that worked i dream I had him with little freedom and very short passing and I had 0 key passes a game after the change he was getting 2 or 3 a game

Last edited:
Its better to go on ESPN and have a look, but ESPN have the formation as 4-3-3 flat but I 4-5-1 and achive the same (well nearly)
View attachment 127761

Its down to the person I think, i have tried 4-3-3 I scored goals but the possession sucked and so did the passing but some people are successful with it, My problem is with my tactic is yes it keeps possession but no were near Barca I think I got 72% once I mainly get 62% my "Xavi role" the last 3 games I got less then 50 passes but before tiago got injured he was knocking 70+

if you want to emulate the real barca tactic you have to play like they do. But you also have to understand that barca in real life is very difficult to emulate. Getting 70+ succesful passes means that you're putting so much focus on one player, it wouldn't do the barca tactic much justice.

if you want to emulate the real barca tactic you have to play like they do. But you also have to understand that barca in real life is very difficult to emulate. Getting 70+ succesful passes means that you're putting so much focus on one player, it wouldn't do the barca tactic much justice.

I understand that but I agree with pep guardiola style keep the ball as much as possible
two of my best performances
View attachment 127791

View attachment 127792

Catta is getting great results with his version of Barca. Mine still needs tweaking which when the season ends I'll definitely looking at some of the player tweaks as base for me to improve on the possession and possibly stop conceding in the first minute

I understand that but I agree with pep guardiola style keep the ball as much as possible
two of my best performances
View attachment 127791

View attachment 127792

Catta is getting great results with his version of Barca. Mine still needs tweaking which when the season ends I'll definitely looking at some of the player tweaks as base for me to improve on the possession and possibly stop conceding in the first minute

Dominant, attacking play - that's what every trainer wants, I think. But not many have the tools that Pep has.

Can you give me a screen shot of completed passes?

I play a 4-3-2-1 system- loosely based on how I think Barca plays.But eventually I want to go to a system that really has the 3 forwards up front, just like barca.

Do you play "controlling" or "attacking" ?

from your post, i think your conceded too much for barca. my advice, maybe you must tweak your defense a little bit. well i'm gonna try it to how see it works, great job though cheers (H)

maybe you're right that i concede to much goals
but when you score 114 goals (average 3 goals per match) and concede 26 this number doesn't seem to be so big, does it?

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

it's hard to emulate the true barca on fm
becouse they players always switch positions, and thats total football
barca plays with three strikers, but not all strikers can be central forwards, some are wingers and some inside forward, and not all midlfielders are central, you also need defensive and attacking midlfielders
like someone said this is not pes so you can't put the player where you want, they all have fixed positions so this tactic that I'm using is also some kind of a 4-3-3
sometimes barca plays with a fake number nine, without a true striker, Villa plays on the left, pedro on the right and messi in the middle, sometimes when they are attacking they play 3-4-3, with busquets becoming a defender, while alves and maxwell become wingers

I like this tactic. Good stuff on getting Xavi to 95 passes. Can you post a pic of when that happened?