This is amazing! Unorthodox is the way to go mate! :D

I used 3-defenders tactics a lot in previous versions of FM, with 80%+possession and 1000+ passes. It is completely crazy! The thing I noticed though was that the DMC and defenders were the ones with most of those passes, while the style I'm trying to build is about combinations MC/AMC. I'm testing all your tweaks as your make them, these are delicious :p

Tbh this is the first time i have ad an actual possession tactic with a threat going forward. In my 3CB version the regista, halfback, CM and AM all get over 100 passes at least but even if i end the match with a 0-0 its still beautiful to watch the quick 1 touch passing all around the opponents box aswell haha :D

im aiming to have a full season done by tomorrow so i can see how it performs over a full season. im expecting around 30,000 passes in the league tbh thats my aim at least :D

same as what everyone else has said, loving the tactic and the style is always pleasing on the eyes. passing and possension statistics are out of this world.

Like the look of that tweak @Bromley29 , I've always been a sucker for 3 CB's formations in FM.

same as what everyone else has said, loving the tactic and the style is always pleasing on the eyes. passing and possension statistics are out of this world.

Like the look of that tweak @Bromley29 , I've always been a sucker for 3 CB's formations in FM.

Your welcome to give it a go mate you will find it on my thread located a few below this one :)

Newly promoted and severely underdog. Yet 6th in the league.

What I wanted to share is this: With the right type of players, your striker WILL be your main threat, followed by your 2 IF

1615420581134.png

Said striker (in Sky Bet League 2 at the moment)

1615420670220.png

Note the First Touch, Off the Ball and Decision

Hands down this is by far the most beautiful football I have ever seen on FM!!!! The gameplay is almost like the guardiola barca era :) with some defending tweaks and maybe a stronger set pieces routine it might be the best tactic on FM21! Gr8 job master @Panneton0

Last edited:
Panneton0 updated Total Control with a new update entry:

The Gentlemen Version

Version 21.4.0 is up!

I've seen a lot of tweaks, adjustments, comments from different users and I can't thank you all enough for the help bringing this playstayle to the next level.

What's different?:
- Stay on feet + Some PI variations. I've always wanted my team to play clean football, with less cards. First and foremost, because I'm a softie and I don't want talented players to get hurt. On a tactical level, I want to avoid having to make substitutions based on suspensions or based on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

congratulations !!!! it's the most realistic tactic I've seen in this game. I'm kind of tired of knap's tactics with which you win every game, whatever team you train.

I think you will do the same realistic tactics, in which you lose and you win.

Played half a season with Barcelona on demo.

Works as advertised, 65% possesion with Real distant second at 59%. Great at limiting opponents, xG against 8.57 over 19 games in the league, next best ATM at 11.51. xG for 36. 9 points clear after half a season, W17 D1 L1. One loss vs Real Madrid against the run of play.

Two dissapointments in the starting XI:
- Griezmann at F9
- Fati/Dembele at LW

Lenglet at DCL scored 8 goals in 23 games, all from set pieces. I didn't check the SP routines, probably they are designed with that in mind.

I deployed inside forwards with their stronger foot on the opposite side as a rule, so Messi/Trincao on the right, Dembele/Fati on the left. Griezmann might have played a couple of games on the RW.

Bonus points for style, this really looks the part with extended highlights and above. Might try playing again this time switching Messi and Griezmann.

All this on 21.4.0. Great work, this was very enjoyable.

I have nothing new to bring at this point mainly because 21.3 and 21.4 are, to me, as good as a "base tactic" can be. I tweak it regularly, but without much change on the tactical style it brings. Those new tweaks are more about fitting my new players, or countering specific teams. The best I can suggest is to check out the different comments on this thread which show how people modify their own versions and try some of them for yourself in case they may upgrade your results
:)

I am actually currently testing a few more tweaks as we speak :D

I have changed the defence to a back 3 with a libero on attack duty, put in a regista and a halfback and i could not believe the football that the team was playing. Man on the ball always had AT LEAST 2 passing options, sometimes 3 or 4, the amount of passes and possesion i was getting was rediculously high. Averaging 950-1250 passes per game with upwards of 70% possesion a few games 80-85% .

Its a shame that FMbase wont allow me to post matches that i have saved so that people can see the wonderful football it plays. Sooo many 1 touch moves, throughballs, and the striker seems to get me a lot of goals too. In most matches the regista, half back and CM have almost 200 passes each and the libero getting involved can usually get around 50-100.

Wouldnt have been possible without your tactic mate absolutely smashed it :)

See the formation below, seems very un-othordox but it actually works haha.

View attachment 544215
Hello there do you have the download link for the TC TEST tactic please?

Hello there do you have the download link for the TC TEST tactic please?

I too would be very interested in your tactics ... or at least the individual instructions and the set-piece instructions.

I've had some very promising results but I think with the rest it can be really amazing

I have nothing new to bring at this point mainly because 21.3 and 21.4 are, to me, as good as a "base tactic" can be. I tweak it regularly, but without much change on the tactical style it brings. Those new tweaks are more about fitting my new players, or countering specific teams. The best I can suggest is to check out the different comments on this thread which show how people modify their own versions and try some of them for yourself in case they may upgrade your results
:)
Hello there what do you do in pre-season please?

Hello there what do you do in pre-season please?

This is a good question. I have usually a couple of things on my mind:
1- Get some friendlies against weak teams (and let my AssMan manage them) to pimp up morale
2- Get some friendlies against my league's rivals and watch them to see how my team actually reacts to the tactic. Do they do what I want them to? Are they positionned accordingly? Is there a player that seems to be off?
3- I let my AssMan do the training himself (with friendlies, I usually start the season with everyone top shape whatever I do)
4- I look to bring ONE player to the team. Never more than that, to keep the cohesion going. I prefer one big signing and a couple of youngsters from my academy than 5 players to compete for a top spot. But that is up to you and your club's philosophy!

Does this answer to your inquiry? :)