Can you show your possession stats please and what do you do with Ois,Training and any other info for the tactic please?

Can you show your possession stats please and what do you do with Ois,Training and any other info for the tactic please?

Sure! I will update the Original Post with some more infos today. Briefly, in the meantime:

OI: None set. I add some during the game if necessary, generally a "tackle harder" or "always press" on the opponent fastest striker.

For training, I let the general training to my AssMan. Individual training, I do it myseelf: For the position I judge the player best fitted for. Always considering that I want at least 2 players comfortable and decent for every position on the pitch. I also add a "specific focus" for youngsters that I develop since I don't have control on who I bring in.

If anyone is trying it out and actually enjoying the tactical style, Switching the AM role to Advanced Playmaker makes him even more involved in the passing game in the center. Results are mainly unchanged, but I felt like it tweaked it even more toward what I wanted! :)

PBoy updated Total Control 21.1.0 with a new update entry:

Goal chances upgrade

In this new release, the inside forwards are instructed to get more runs behind the defenders when in the last third. This provides better clean chances to replace the frustrating blocked long shots.

DM was also recycled in a Half-Back to help the defenders. Possession remained unchanged, but defense got a little more solid. Both central defenders are now a little less important in the passing game and can concentrate on their defensive positioning.

AMC got "promoted" to Attacking...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great write up and the tactic looks really interesting.

Could you elaborate on the player roles and more specifically what each position needs in terms of attributes. What do you want in a IWB and so on.

Great write up and the tactic looks really interesting.

Could you elaborate on the player roles and more specifically what each position needs in terms of attributes. What do you want in a IWB and so on.

Hi buddy! I actually wanted to do just that and totally forgot... so thank for the reminder ;)

I now added (in the Player Selection section) description of the roles along with needed attributes. I hope it will help!

Enjoy!

Well as previously stated: great tactic. Love the style and its beautiful to watch.

In the OP however, the default mentality seem to be attacking, but in the downloaded version the default mentality is positive. Which is the correct one?

Sorry if i missed this in the greap write up!
I cant find any good inverted wingbacks does it matter if i use the best wingbacks I have? Or should i change this to WB Sup?

Theres as screenshot showing the CM as DLP but the download is AP?
Should it be DLP or AP please?

Last edited:
Well as previously stated: great tactic. Love the style and its beautiful to watch.

In the OP however, the default mentality seem to be attacking, but in the downloaded version the default mentality is positive. Which is the correct one?
Hi Fulhamswede. Glad you enjoy the tactic! :)

The latest version (21.3.0) is the one you can see in the "body" of the text, at the start, and it's "positive" mentality.
The screenshot that is at the end of the post is a previous version, where the attacking mentality was by default.

So the "correct" one is the positive mentality, but I strongly suggest you adjust that mentality according to your relative strength in your league. I usually go "positive" because I took an underdog team for my main save. I switch to "attacking" in cup matches against weaker sides and to "very attacking" if I'm behind in the last minutes of the game. Hope it helps! :)

Edit: I removed the attached file with the previous version as it was indeed confusing!

Sorry if i missed this in the greap write up!
I cant find any good inverted wingbacks does it matter if i use the best wingbacks I have? Or should i change this to WB Sup?

Theres as screenshot showing the CM as DLP but the download is AP?
Should it be DLP or AP please?
Hi buddy,

if you have good (technically and mentally) WB, they should be good enough for the tactic, I wouldn't change their role. As I've mentioned, the roles in the tactic are tweaked so the play on the field reflects my vision of football. In my main save, my IWB on the right side is abysmal as an IWB according to my assistant manager. And yet he's one of my best players because he's technically and mentally strong. Whatever his "natural role" is, this tactic is so custom that it doesn't seem to really matter.

I've seen many people tweak it by changing the IWB to WB and they said it still works great. I can say that when I tried it, I've seen that indeed the results were similar, but I enjoyed the style a little bit less... I guess at that point it's about personal preferences :p

Also, the role of the CM is AP, the download version is the correct one. The linked image at the bottom was removed as it was only a remnant of a former version, my bad!

Hi buddy,

if you have good (technically and mentally) WB, they should be good enough for the tactic, I wouldn't change their role. As I've mentioned, the roles in the tactic are tweaked so the play on the field reflects my vision of football. In my main save, my IWB on the right side is abysmal as an IWB according to my assistant manager. And yet he's one of my best players because he's technically and mentally strong. Whatever his "natural role" is, this tactic is so custom that it doesn't seem to really matter.

I've seen many people tweak it by changing the IWB to WB and they said it still works great. I can say that when I tried it, I've seen that indeed the results were similar, but I enjoyed the style a little bit less... I guess at that point it's about personal preferences :p

Also, the role of the CM is AP, the download version is the correct one. The linked image at the bottom was removed as it was only a remnant of a former version, my bad!

Hi mate,

Thank you for the quick reply.
Tactic is slowly giving results after a few games, Only the False 9 seems to go missing or rarely getting a goal.
I'll keep it going and see what happens as the team gets familar

I don't usually like tiki-taka tactics but I do like a good tactic and this is one. At first I was having problems in scoring but changing the mentality to Very Attacking solved it. Defensively it's one of the best tactics I've tried. The only downside, as previously stated, is that the striker doesn't score much. Nonetheless, this is a great tactic. Congrats.
11.png

Loving the tactic mate,

I made a post on here earlier on this week about this tactic as i was unsure that it was getting the recognition it deserves. I also made a few tweaks to it also just to see if i could modify it with my team in Portugal just to try and ramp up the passing/possesion stats even further.

Total Control (Original by Panneton0) | FM Base (fm-base.co.uk) << Thats the link to my modified version and showcasing the screenshots of results i have had. I stated a number of times also that i am in no way taking credit for the tactic as your original was already wonderful and played beutiful football. I just wanted to show the tweaks i have made. :)

I also linked RDF tutorial he did on youtube aswell to try and reach your tactic out to a bigger audience :)

Amazing work !!!

Loving the tactic mate,

I made a post on here earlier on this week about this tactic as i was unsure that it was getting the recognition it deserves. I also made a few tweaks to it also just to see if i could modify it with my team in Portugal just to try and ramp up the passing/possesion stats even further.

Total Control (Original by Panneton0) | FM Base (fm-base.co.uk) << Thats the link to my modified version and showcasing the screenshots of results i have had. I stated a number of times also that i am in no way taking credit for the tactic as your original was already wonderful and played beutiful football. I just wanted to show the tweaks i have made. :)

I also linked RDF tutorial he did on youtube aswell to try and reach your tactic out to a bigger audience :)

Amazing work !!!
Very appreciated buddy! I'm so glad people are actually trying to tweak it up! I've tried some myself but my team seems to be fitted to my version so I am currently just trying to enjoy it. You guys are putting the work now so feel free to take as much credit as you want :p

Thanks again for the good words, I'm glad this tactic gets this much love!

Very appreciated buddy! I'm so glad people are actually trying to tweak it up! I've tried some myself but my team seems to be fitted to my version so I am currently just trying to enjoy it. You guys are putting the work now so feel free to take as much credit as you want :p

Thanks again for the good words, I'm glad this tactic gets this much love!

I am actually currently testing a few more tweaks as we speak :D

I have changed the defence to a back 3 with a libero on attack duty, put in a regista and a halfback and i could not believe the football that the team was playing. Man on the ball always had AT LEAST 2 passing options, sometimes 3 or 4, the amount of passes and possesion i was getting was rediculously high. Averaging 950-1250 passes per game with upwards of 70% possesion a few games 80-85% .

Its a shame that FMbase wont allow me to post matches that i have saved so that people can see the wonderful football it plays. Sooo many 1 touch moves, throughballs, and the striker seems to get me a lot of goals too. In most matches the regista, half back and CM have almost 200 passes each and the libero getting involved can usually get around 50-100.

Wouldnt have been possible without your tactic mate absolutely smashed it :)

See the formation below, seems very un-othordox but it actually works haha.

TC Test.png

I have changed the defence to a back 3 with a libero on attack duty, put in a regista and a halfback and i could not believe the football that the team was playing. Man on the ball always had AT LEAST 2 passing options, sometimes 3 or 4, the amount of passes and possesion i was getting was rediculously high. Averaging 950-1250 passes per game with upwards of 70% possesion a few games 80-85% .

Its a shame that FMbase wont allow me to post matches that i have saved so that people can see the wonderful football it plays. Sooo many 1 touch moves, throughballs, and the striker seems to get me a lot of goals too. In most matches the regista, half back and CM have almost 200 passes each and the libero getting involved can usually get around 50-100.

View attachment 544215
Can you upload your tweak? I would like to try it.

This is amazing! Unorthodox is the way to go mate! :D

I used 3-defenders tactics a lot in previous versions of FM, with 80%+possession and 1000+ passes. It is completely crazy! The thing I noticed though was that the DMC and defenders were the ones with most of those passes, while the style I'm trying to build is about combinations MC/AMC. I'm testing all your tweaks as your make them, these are delicious :p