Tottenham Drawn against Young Boys

Does anyone know if Hakan Yakin still plays for young boys? I think that spurs will have to work hard to win this, young boys beat a good fenerbache team.

Last edited:
Even I am wary at some of the comments made but as this is over two legs then I am confident we will be in the group stages. It's new territory for Spurs and the easiest draw we could of imagined. COYS and lets put some pride back into the true half of North London.

i agree, but theres a difference between confidence and complaceny. if you go out and go a proffesional job i can see a hefty aggreagte score, but if you go out there think you're already in the group stages, you be in for a shock.

5-2 on aggregate

I don't think the Spurs team will be complacent. It's our first outing into the Champion's League, so we're hardly seasoned veterans.

I think people on this forum take the actual Tottenham team by face value of a lot of the forum members on here who are Spurs fans, when in actuality; it isn't the same thing at all.

Have Tottenham announced their Champions League squad yet? I'm not sure of when the squad selection was/when it is.

Last edited:
Have Tottenham announced their Europa League squad yet? I'm not sure of when the squad selection was/when it is.

Was that a genuine mistake? or do think they will be beaten?

Hope Tottenham do get further than Arsenal.. Should be a great champions league this year. :)

Surprised no one has mentioned that Young Boys stadium is called Wankdorf so I thought i'd be the most immature person and post it.

Surprised no one has mentioned that Young Boys stadium is called Wankdorf so I thought i'd be the most immature person and post it.

It was rebuilt and renamed the Stade de Suiss but it is exactly on the same site as the old Wankdorf.

The fact is, which of us have ever seen Young Boys in action (weyyy) they could play like the Swis national side, 10 men behind the ball both legs, with a bit of luck....

I do hope Spurs get through though, Would be nice to see someone different in there.

The fact is, which of us have ever seen Young Boys in action (weyyy) they could play like the Swis national side, 10 men behind the ball both legs, with a bit of luck....

I do hope Spurs get through though, Would be nice to see someone different in there.

This.....If they play like the national team, get stuck in, they could shut down Spur's creative players. Then they nick a goal from a set-piece.corner etc, and grind out a draw second game, which the Swiss are more than capable of.

I can see spurs getting through, but by a single goal TBH.

This.....If they play like the national team, get stuck in, they could shut down Spur's creative players. Then they nick a goal from a set-piece.corner etc, and grind out a draw second game, which the Swiss are more than capable of.

I can see spurs getting through, but by a single goal TBH.

I am excited to see how they get on, I really hope they get there and give the bigger sides a run for there money. I still remember Newcastle losing there first three games then coming back to win there last three and making it through.

That was when I was still in school, since then I have grown tired of watching the same four sides every year.

I am excited to see how they get on, I really hope they get there and give the bigger sides a run for there money. I still remember Newcastle losing there first three games then coming back to win there last three and making it through.

That was when I was still in school, since then I have grown tired of watching the same four sides every year.

Yeah, we drew Juventus, Dynamo Kiev and Feyenoord. Lost 2-0 to Dynamo away, then 1-0 to Feyenoord at home, and 2-0 away to Juve. Turned it round in 2nd half of group, beat Juve 1-0, Kiev 2-1, and then Feyenoord 3-2, Bellamy scored the winner that night.

Harry needs to get the players training on Astroturf then... hopefully we'll get through.

tottenham will **** young boys:D:D

right well ill get my coat and leave then

A lot of typical English arrogance in champions league threads once more, Young Boys may be underdogs and pretty unknown but they knocked out Fenerbache. I expect Spurs to progress but you never know.

Oh my, It's painful being right all the time.

Spurs fight back has most likely secured there place but again...you never know