Tottenham Hotspur FC

Reaction score
As always I try to take control of my favourtie team, Spurs, and see what I can do / learn before taking on lower league challanges.

Prior to my first season staring I decided that I would buy solid ready to go players, rather than a bunch of promising youngsters.

Therefore, 1/2 way through the season, 3rd in the league (Newcastle are 2nd!!), going well in all cups and thoroughly pleased!

Team

GK - Gomes
RB - Hutton
LB - Marcelo
CB - King
CB - Hutton
MC - Moutinho
MC - Diarra
AML - Fernandez, M
AMR - Bentley
AMC - Modric (Playmaker)
FC - Pavlyuchenko

We play a 4-2-3-1 formation, short passing / attacking game.

Two positions need strengthening for next season, hopefully Champs League.

RB - ?? Any Suggestions and FC ???

Srna would be my pick for RB - he will fit into your system nicely - lots of potential star FC's around - I took Eden Hazard to Spurs and he linked up with Modric and Pavlychenko well in the second season.

agree with Srna, think Man C have bought him 16.5m, so probably cant get him for next season

not heard of the FC, will have a look later.

My assistant also tells me to play Modric AML and Fernandez AMC (Playmaker), things going well so dont want to change it....

Srna might cost to much, around £21 million, go for someone a little cheap try Richard Stearman, he might take a season to get to the top flight standard. Other than that a good striker would be Bogdan Stancu or Gabriel Agbonlahor, both young but good, Stancu won't cost much but Agbonlahor will.

i have lukas podolski in my spurs team, he wasnt that expensive either, i got him for 15mil plus 50% sell on charge and friendly arranged but i had to give him 65k a week, but he is well worth it, he adapts very well and fits into the spurs squad like he's been there forever, i'm 10 matches into my season, i'm 6th and podolski has scored 8 from 7, he was injured in the other matches.

srna is a brilliant buy if u can get him, he fits in well cause modric and corluka are already there, trust me splash out on srna as well as podolski, even if they reject an enquiry or say he is not for sale, just persevere

I would have to agree with Srna, Alternatively Behrami from West Ham, he does well for me, and considerably cheaper.

As for FC i would recommend Gignac, he has always done well for me.

had a look at some of those, thanks, will see where we are financially at the end of the season, hopefully finish this one in a champs league place.

Thought about getting Ronaldo as a free but he's injured, thought he might be a decent 2nd half sub.....

Giourkas seitaridis for right back

he plays for atletico madrid, get him for about 4million

really silly question, but whats wrong with hutton? hes quite good isnt he?

yea huttons doing ok and villa want him for 11m but i dunno, he's not as good as ay srna, he's got 14 assists so far (Feb) and he plays right back!!!!

Bought Ronaldo in the jan trans window, i tell you whjat if i can get him fit he's gonna do a job for the 2nd half of the season. Pav's not doing it and Ronnie's played 3 games and banged 5 goals!!!

striker wise id go klass jan huntelaar right back maybe glen johnson or Eboue ?

Just finished season, FA Cup Winners!!!! beat Man U 1-0!!!

Finished 8th in League, Carling Cup QF, Uefa 1st round....poor season apart from FA Cup. 3rd best defence in the league (18 conceded) but very poor in front of goal (40 goals!!!). Dominated loads of games, just couldnt finish them off.

Everyone has now lost confidence in me!! working hard to put that right, i assume i can win them round by simply winning games??

Also 10th July and the offers are flooding in, Modric 29m from barca, Woodgate 15m from Juve, King 10m Portsmouth, Hutton 11m Villa, Fernandez 15m AC Milan, 14m Corluka Man U, 7m Bale Portsmouth, 15m Marcelo Inter, 18m Diarra Man U, 17m Bently Barca!!!!!!!!!!!! We are sitting on 150m quid!

Am tempted to sell them all and re-build entirely but not gonna break up the basis of a good side.

Got 30m to spend to will prob sell Hutton, Huddlestone and a couple of others and probably make a move for Podolski to play at the point of my 4-2-3-1.

Any sugeestions would be helpful

Im playing as Spurs now...got Marvin Elliott at RB signed for £2 mill from Bristol City..quality player and very cheap and another bargain upfront Andrea Caracciolo 8 goals in 11 games and all for £3.5 million!!!:D

if you want cheap for his age and good, buy rafael carioca as a DMC, podolski can be quality although he will go on goal droughts, pato is world class, srna is insane, zhirkov is unbelievably consistent, lloris is good but inexperienced, frey can fill the gap until lloris is up to scratch, umm who else?? oh yeah and palombo is quite good

i have just bought the game and started with spurs since i support them.

ive signed so far: andrei arshavin, micahel owen, wayne hennessey.

i won all but two of my pre season games, and ive won the first two league matches.

Cheers fellas,

but dont need cheap! as you can see ive got offers flooding in!!!!

already got 30m and aint sold no one!

need a world class, guaranteed 30 goal scorer and ill pay anything for him.

Gonna see who available tonight.