Tottenham Hotspur v FC Twente [19:45 - 29/09/10]

****** **** spurs penalty

EDIT = Tottenham 3-1 FC Twente (Pavlyuchenko pen)what a game this is !!!

What is Tottenham lucky today. The first and third penalty were not a penalty. I say: One for one a headshot that arbitration.

Well done Spurs good night for them. Again glad Bale scored he is in my dreamteam and i heard he played well so i hope he gets dreamteam star man. VDV had a up and down game my god haha.

What is Tottenham lucky today. The first and third penalty were not a penalty. I say: One for one a headshot that arbitration.

Arsenal supporter disagrees with the decisions that went our way? Fancy that.
Source: Your name

Great game for the neutral to watch, though very nerve-racking at times for the home supporters. Deserved win for Tottenham I feel.

VdV would have been named my man of the match if he didn't, stupidly, get that second yellow card. Bale then took over as top of my list, and that was even before he scored. Great performances overall. Huddlestone looked a bit shaky in the first-half, but he made up for it with some decent passes and assuring defending in the second. Modric looked like someone who is back from injury, so I have no complaints there really. Perhaps he should have scored late-on though.

Overall, I am very pleased that we won by such a margin. :wub:

Good result :) VDV had a strange game to say the least, but his goal was briliiantly taken. Bale played great throughout and took his goal well, as did Pav with his second penalty. Bit shaky at the back though, which could hamper us against Inter, but overall (esp after the red card, which was fair) we fully deserved the win and the margin. Not sure if Twente froze on the night (I know they got spanked away by Bremen last year) or whether they're just garbage (as they looked tonight) -- suppose we'll have to wait until we play them away to find out. Don't think they could complain about the penalties that were given -- they would have been demanding all three if they at the other end I'm sure (though Bale did seem to go down a tad early for his one after watching the replay.) We don't look ready for Inter yet imo, so I hope there's some improvement in the coming weeks.

I heard the first penalty was one that could be given but 9/10 times it wouldn't be given.
Second pen was definite.
3rd pen was never a penalty but 5th official gave it even though ref didn't agree.

End of the day, Spurs took the chances they were given and deservedly won the game.

I actually disagree with you Carine. I wouldn't say Twente looked 'garbage' at all tonight.

In fact, if King hadn't put himself forward to play tonight, and Corluka started in CB instead, then I think the scoreline would have been closer to 2-2 or 3-3.

I actually disagree with you Carine. I wouldn't say Twente looked 'garbage' at all tonight.

In fact, if King hadn't put himself forward to play tonight, and Corluka started in CB instead, then I think the scoreline would have been closer to 2-2 or 3-3.

yeah, I probs was a bit harsh there -- after the goal they got back through bad defending on our part and the sending-off they just fell apart. They weren't too bad before that, but I wasn't overly impressed by them. I never felt like the result wasn't going to come. Such a shame VDV's half volley towards the end of the first-half didn't go in -- how good a goal would that have been :)

Btw, I didn't see the first 15 minutes so I may have missed some good play and chances by them during that period?

Van Der Vaart is a class act isn't he, hes going to have a great season.