#THFC
Reaction score
PLClubLogo.png
arsenal-crest.png

Tottenham v Arsenal
Competition: Premier League
Venue: White Hart Lane

---

Peter Crouch is available against the Gunners after returning from the suspension that ruled him out of Tottenham's Champions League clash against Real Madrid.

Steven Pienaar (groin) and Niko Kranjcar (foot) could play some part after making good progress in their injury treatment but Wilson Palacios and Alan Hutton (both knee) are still out.

Jonathan Woodgate (calf) and Ledley King (groin) have been training with Tottenham's fitness coaches but are unlikely to be involved in Wednesday's match.

---

Arsenal full-back Bacary Sagna (knee) is set to return.

Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia (knee) has also been passed fit, along with midfielders Denilson (toe) and Tomas Rosicky (illness).

Centre-back Thomas Vermaelen continues his rehabilitation from an Achilles problem, but is not yet in first-team contention.

---

Predicted Teams:

Arsenal

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
Song Wilshere
Walcott Fabregas Nasri
van Persie

Tottenham

Gomes
Corluka Kaboul Dawson Assou-Ekotto
Lennon Huddlestone Modric Bale
van der Vaart
Crouch

---

Actual Teams:

TBA

---

I'm going to predict a win for us, because I believe we have more to play for now, given Arsenal's failure to win Liverpool and practically secure the title for United.

Bale back to scoring ways with the opener, and us to score a second before half-time. Arsenal to hit back near the end, but Gomes to keep RVP relatively quiet for the game resulting in a close win.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal
Bale, Pavlyuchenko
Nasri

Last edited:
I think Spurs will either win or draw this game.

We really need to win this please i hope we do

Spurs 1 Arsenal 2
Bale
RVP
Arshavin

Gunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnners

Come on Spurs, You done it earlier in the season, do it again :), predicting a comfortable 2-0 win for Tottenham with Modric and Crouch with the goals.

im going to predict a 2-1 win for the red half of North London.

C'mon Arsenal. We've been far better away from home this season and surely with players returning (hopefully Alex Song since he had a good cameo vs Liverpool), the team can give us something to cheer about this season...

Tottenham have hardly been in scintillating form recently either... And hopefully Sagna will be back to keep ze best player in ze world - the one and only Gareth Bale, quiet ;)

Walcott could be key as well - I actually thought he was pretty good against Liverpool but a little unlucky that Eboue didn't get forward enough in the second half and no one gambled on his dangerous crosses.

I remember Gomes made two or three superb stops at 2-0 last year in this fixture - an RvP freekick and a header from a corner is all I remember clearly but he was outstanding (especially in contrast to Manuel Almunia's flapping) so hopefully he'll even it out this year and have a shocker...

3-1 Arsenal. RvP, Nasri, Cesc - Bale. (In no particular order)

I think there may well be a penalty as well for some reason.

Don't see us winning this, further heartbreak for Arsenal fans as we lose 2-0 at the Lane.

Got a £10 bet with a mate that Spurs will do the double on Arsenal this season..

COYS!

Come On Arsenal. 3-1 Arsenal with goals coming from RVP, Nasri, Fabregas and Modric.

Don't see Arsenal getting anything out of this which surely would end any hope Arsenal had of winning the title.

Now we have a chance to close the gap to just 4 points, hopefully we take it. Pretty much back to full strength which is pretty rare for us going into the end of the season. Can see us winning this as we have been really good away from home this season.

Arsenal 3 (RVPx2, Walcott) - Spurs 1 (Modric)

If we lose this one and concede the dreaded 'double' versus Spurs, I will actually eat my boxers that I wore tonight.

Hoping for a tight win (or a massive one; either'd do), but really can't put it past a draw. Going to say 3-3 - optomism, **** yeah (H) - Bale x2, Crouch - Nasri x2, van Persie.

Predicting a penalty, a sending off and a typically-poncy nose-to-nose meeting between Sagna and Bale. Meh.

No surprise really that people are predicting a penalty, this derby has hardly been short of them in the past.

Does anyone seriously think Arsenal can win this game? I think they'll be too mentally drained from that last one, it's very hard to recover from dropped points like that. Especially when Tottenham wants this one so badly. I could see a Tottenham win or maybe even Arsenal winning and then conceding in stoppage team.

Arsenal have won this fixture plenty of times in the past; not unrealistic to believe it can happen again.

Found this on the Arsenal site.

'Gareth Bale is a very frightening prospect'

Arsenal travel to White Hart Lane on Wednesday for the third North London derby of the season.

Jack Wilshere inspired the Gunners to a 4-1 Carling Cup win in September before a second-half comeback gave Tottenham a 3-2 win at Emirates Stadium in November.

So will Harry Redknapp’s side fancy their chances of completing a Premier League double? We spoke Paul Hirst of the Press Association to get an opposition view on Wednesday’s game.

gun__1224153475_focus_storysofar.png

FORM BOOK
Both fans and players have been quite philosophical about the Real Madrid defeat. After the 4-0 hammering in the Bernabeu, even though the players were saying they still had a chance, you could tell that they knew the tie was over. So to keep Real Madrid to a 0-0 scoreline at White Hart Lane, obviously before Heurelho Gomes’ howler, was quite good. They will definitely be up for tomorrow’s match, regardless of that result.

gun__1237293426_focus_cupfever.png

RACE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
If you look at where Spurs were this time last season, they were in a similar situation where they were facing Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal in their run-in. No-one said they could do it and they went to Eastlands and pulled off a win. They only lost to Manchester United and Burnley at the end of last season and fourth position was secured by the time they played Burnley. So if they can do that again this year they will have a chance.

gun__1224153493_focus_manofthemoment.png

MAN OF THE MOMENT
Gareth Bale has been electric this year. A lot of people have said they aren’t sure whether he deserves the PFA Player of the Year award given that he has been injured for half of the season. But what a half he had when he did play. The lad is only 21 and you get the impression that he is still growing. His physical side isn’t complete yet and his pace is searing. He has the ability to embarrass any right back. If he continues to do that, which he should do because he is still learning and growing, he is a very frightening prospect.

gun__1224508269_focus_arsenal.png
IMPRESSIONS OF ARSENAL
I think Tottenham will fancy their chances of completing a double over Arsenal. I think they know that this is the start of the run-in and it’s a massive game. The fact that it starts the run-in, which is so crucial, will spur them on.

Reminds me of Liverpool v City last week. Not many believed Liverpool could win with the injury problems. But they did...

Anything can happen in these fixtures.

I wonder how long it will take HR to tell 'Le Professeur' to 'go away'.

If Arsenal are still feeling sorry for themselves tonight then Tott-en-ham will put them away.

Spurs to win unfortunatley, can't see us pulling it out of the bag at the lane. I hope to be proved wrong though...

COME ON ARSENAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back