Tottenham v Arsenal [19:45 - 20/04/11]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, name me a better signing this season? Free transfer, experienced world cup winner and without him we could have been stuffed considering our injuries. Obviously he didn't get on with certain players at Arsenal granted, but at Spurs there have been no reports at all of any dressing room uprest and he has simply lead by example, especially against Milan.

Regarding the last part. We have conceded 39 goals and you gave conceded 34. Hardly a world of difference is it? Especially considering the goalkeeping mistakes.

How you can disregard Gallas because of one game is astonishing. Remember at the Emirates? He was fantastic.

I'm not disregarding him because of one game. I'm disregarding him because I don't think he's as good as you're making out. We've had our fair share of GKing mistakes as well..

Better signings:

Hernandez - Utd.
Quite possibly Demba Ba on current form
Gyan? Averaging 1 goal/3 games.
David Luiz?
Bent?

Loads of players have had better seasons that Gallas. I still think Vermaelen is better but if you're not going to be convinced, I won't try any more!

I'm not disregarding him because of one game. I'm disregarding him because I don't think he's as good as you're making out. We've had our fair share of GKing mistakes as well..

Better signings:

Hernandez - Utd.
Quite possibly Demba Ba on current form
Gyan? Averaging 1 goal/3 games.
David Luiz?
Bent?

Loads of players have had better seasons that Gallas. I still think Vermaelen is better but if you're not going to be convinced, I won't try any more!

Christ.

Demba Ba has scored what 5 goals? No-where near signing of the season, Hernandez yes possibly, Gyan is good but he cost 13m, Luiz and Bent have both cost over 20m, Ridiculous. Gallas was free on a low wage. Gallas is definately in the top 3 signings: VDV, Hernandez and Gallas.

Christ.

Demba Ba has scored what 5 goals? No-where near signing of the season, Hernandez yes possibly, Gyan is good but he cost 13m, Luiz and Bent have both cost over 20m, Ridiculous. Gallas was free on a low wage. Gallas is definately in the top 3 signings: VDV, Hernandez and Gallas.

Van der Vaart has had half a good season and is still a better signing than Gallas.

Van der Vaart has had half a good season and is still a better signing than Gallas.

Look, clearly your hatred towards Gallas is affecting your judgement.

Not been a better freebie in the country. Surely you cannot deny that?

Look, clearly your hatred towards Gallas is affecting your judgement.

Not been a better freebie in the country. Surely you cannot deny that?

It's really not and yes, quite possibly but that doesn't make him the signing of the season and nor does it make him better than Vermaelen.

I personally feel that Vermaelen is overrated too, but I purposely included him to avoid a pointless argument like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back