Meh, just had another touchline ban in a save with Plymouth- A Big match against Peterborough I missed out on. Sometimes I wonder what the assistant does during that match- I think there needs to be an option to see what your assistant is doing tactically [without being able too change it], and give him some feedback after the match etc.

I might have to start being nice to refs because every time my assistant ***** it up,:'(

You can't make team talks when you got a touchline ban. You are just spectating it like any other game if for example you watch a match as a national team manager.

Been warned on occassions, but never banned. Clean record. Although, I was close to when I criticised the referee after he sent three of my players off at the same time. Did use some expletives in the interview but the F.A. just warned me, as it was my first offence.

I received a touchline ban for criticising the official after losing 4-1 to Real Madrid in the semi-final of the Spanish cup. I was leading the 1st leg 2-0 on aggregate.

2nd leg, Real score 2 offside goals as the replays proved, I should have got a penalty and I had a goal ruled out for offside when it wasn't offside.

I am unbeaten in the league after 21 games and my assistant manager has to take charge of the game against Athletico Madrid.

Whats the point in criticizing the ref?

I'm guessing, but I would assume it raises your 'Loyalty to Players' score and makes the fans and players like you more.

I've been warned once or twice, fined once. The board told me they were annoyed that I'd embarrassed the club by being fined so it isn't entirely irrelevant. I've also had two or three 'FA remain silents' after lambasting bad offside disallows. I haven't had a bad decision in months though (game time).

iNickStuff - did the game really allow you to use expletives? The strongest language it's allowed me to use is 'abysmal', but I've never had three players sent off.

I been warned about penalty decision comments and got touchline ban on my second complaint and my assistant controlled the next match i won, but depend on your assistant. I use players motivation during game play which tells you if your player deserve his yellow or red cards or if he was the reason for conceding your goal, which helps me in my interviews after the games to tell the media about your opinion which saves you from getting a touchline ban and an apology from the FM.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Last edited:
I once kept criticizing the ref for bad performances, etc just to see if you'd actually get a touchline ban... needles to say, i got one. I still do it because i think it's fun :p