Toulouse or not Toulouse that is the question

johners88

Reaction score
logo_france24.jpg

After months of speculation other the alleged affair between the wife of Toulouse FC chairman and the manager Alain Casanova, Mr Sadran has released this statement.

“I would firstly like to apologise to the fans on how long this decision has taken me to come by, but I hope you all understand the emotions behind this situation. As a manager Alain did a great job for us, however the sort of unprofessionalism and disrespect he showed towards me has given me no other choice but to replace him. I am also using this conference to introduce you to our new manager………………Fabien”

Last edited:
Good luck mate, great name for the story..^^)

sky-sports-news.jpg

The news in of Fabien Barthez becoming manager of Toulouse FC has shocked the TFC fans. Barthez started his playing career at the club in 1990 playing 26 times for the French outfit before being sold to Marseille. The chairman had sacked their previous manager over an un football related matters.

Barthez has been said to be over the moon with his appointment and is looking forward to the challenge of management.
"i am glad to be at the club that kicked off my footballing career. If i have half the success i did as a player then i will be happy. I learnt alot from the managers that i have worked with and will use parts of their game in mine. I have a great sqaud of players here and a board that is willing to back me so i hope i can bring the fans some football that they deserve"

I remember a story being like this earlier on the site,dunno where it went :S

But anyway,good luck and it sounds interesting.

After looking at my squad it is clear that my defence needs to be strengthened.
The board want me to reach the Quarter Final stages of both the French cup and League Cup. They also want me to try and break into the top 4, 4th being our highest ever league finish.
We are also in Europe and the board’s long term plans are to challenge in Europe like we did 1986, these are all going to be very difficult.
The strengths in my team come in the form of three key players:
Gignac – The French International Striker
toulouse_gignac_190309.jpg
Pele – A very good young goal keeper.
37076_news.jpg
Sissoko – A top quality centre midfielder who can only grow as a player.
sissoko-a-pas-de-geants_actus.jpg
http://www.cosytec.com/constraint_programming/references/images/logo_france24.jpg

Good luck, had this thread name already though so might wanna change it.

It has been reported that Barthez has sent his scouts out across the globe with his key interests being:

Velez duo Otamendi and Cristaldo. The two youngsters will probably set Barthez back a combined amount of £12m

The young Brazilian right back Raul from Atletico Paranaense has also caught Fabien’s eye.

Other players Barthez has already mentioned as being targets include:

Liedson – Sporting Lisbon

Annan – Rosenborg

Krivets – BATE

Masilela – M. Haifa

Barthez has also played an unusual card by asking fans who they would like to see at the club reminding them that he has a budget of around £5m

There are also rumours of unrest among some of the players who were team Casanova and it is believed a number of these will be leaving the club. Links already rumoured include:

M’Bengue – PSG

Pentecote – Fiorentina

Luan – Benfica

Congre – Le Mans

Cetto - Sampdoria

Don't sell M'Bengue or Congre, both did a top job in my team

Barthez thanks fans for their support and special thanks to Jamie F for the transfer advice but is warning fans that he wants to create funds to build his own team

Pre – Season Report
Overall i am pleased with how the team has taken to me, and our results reflect that of a team with high spirits. It is no surprise to me that Gignac was our top performer.
Transfers Ins
Barthez two biggest coups include that of the young Argentine centre back Otamendi and the experinced Striker Liedson.
liedson.jpg

Barthez has gone against the wishes of his fans and has let both Congre and M’Bengue leave along with a number of other players. However overall the fans seem happy with the way Barthez has conducted himself during the transfer window.

my current toulose game im 12pts behind with 5 games in hand though
semi final vs wolfsbug of europa league
lost 3-2 to lyon in the coupa de ligue final
and im in the semis of the french cup

pele is a great great keeper

make sure u keep tabounau he rips defendes to shreds
and young luan upfron is very good

good luck with ur game

Sorry mate how exactly. Do i press screen shot when on the game then Alt f9 when replyin on the thread?

AUGUST REVIEW

MONACO 0 vs 2 TOULOUSE
Away to Monaco first game was never going to be an easy task, but thanks to Cristaldo scoring on his debut and a generous OG we took all 3 points.

TOULOUSE 2 vs 0 AS SAINT ETIENNE
First game infront of my fans and i wanted to make a good impression. Gignac helped me do this by bagging himself a lovely double

EUROPA LEAGUE 4th ROUND QUALYFYING LEG 1

TOULOUSE 5 vs 0 FC INTER
We showed our superioty with both Gignac and Cristaldo on fine form.

LILLE 1 vs 1 TOULOUSE
After Capoue gave us a good early lead i thought it would be another 3 points, however we seemed to relax in the 2nd half and got what we deserved.

EUROPA LEAGUE 4th ROUND QUALYFYING LEG 2

FC INTER 2 vs 2 TOULOUSE
Not as convincing as the first leg but i did rest a few players, Gignac again was exceptional.

TOULOUSE 2 vs 0 VALENCIENNES
Back to winning ways and was great to see Liedson bag his first for us.

I am obviously delighted with the start my team has made qualyfying for the Europa League and also staying undeafeted in the first month.

AUGUST REVIEW

MONACO 0 vs 2 TOULOUSE
Away to Monaco first game was never going to be an easy task, but thanks to Cristaldo scoring on his debut and a generous OG we took all 3 points.​

TOULOUSE 2 vs 0 AS SAINT ETIENNE
First game infront of my fans and i wanted to make a good impression. Gignac helped me do this by bagging himself a lovely double​

EUROPA LEAGUE 4th ROUND QUALYFYING LEG 1

TOULOUSE 5 vs 0 FC INTER
We showed our superioty with both Gignac and Cristaldo on fine form.​

LILLE 1 vs 1 TOULOUSE
After Capoue gave us a good early lead i thought it would be another 3 points, however we seemed to relax in the 2nd half and got what we deserved.​

EUROPA LEAGUE 4th ROUND QUALYFYING LEG 2

FC INTER 2 vs 2 TOULOUSE
Not as convincing as the first leg but i did rest a few players, Gignac again was exceptional.​

TOULOUSE 2 vs 0 VALENCIENNES
Back to winning ways and was great to see Liedson bag his first for us.​

I am obviously delighted with the start my team has made qualyfying for the Europa League and also staying undeafeted in the first month.​
Very nice first month results, keep up the good work.

I am obviously very pleased with my first set of results and i am glad the fans are to.

SEPTEMBER

NANCY 2 vs 1 TOULOUSE
We loose our first game of the season, Gignac got another goal and i was disapointed we didnt get the point, but turned off at the end of the game.

EUROPA CUP GROUP MATCH

GALATASARAY 2 vs 1 TOULOUSE
Another defeat as ex Liverpool striker Baros smashed in tow long range efforts. Young striker Soukouna got us a constilation.

LYON 2 vs 0 TOULOUSE
Not the team you want to play when suffering in form and they took advantage the way champions should.

After a good first month i have had a reality check with these last three games.