Martino

Reaction score
I tried to come up with a possesion styled tactic, with fast shortpassing. Been tweaking, and working on it for quite some time, but can't seem to improve it further. Any help is welcome

Team consists of alot of playmakers with tweaks. I wanted to be able to have a great impact on the passing patterns, and this is why I used playmakers. Tried different roles, but these seemed to work the best for me.

The Trequartista needs to be really good to really make this tactic shine.

Of course all players needs to be good in passing and vision to help keep possesion and create chances.

The screenshots are for holiday mode. But I would like to have someone test it out to further pinpoint weaknesses.

For a more defensive approach, the deep lying playmaker can be changed to defend instead of cover, and maybe have the central midfielder on support as well.

View attachment 149044View attachment 149043View attachment 149042View attachment 149037View attachment 149040View attachment 149039

This is the newest version! Super offensive and deadly but only for BIG clubs.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o...enV7_BC1B14EC-D2E3-4608-8A2C-8FE286C8C684.fmf

DOWNLOAD LINK to original version

TrequartistaHeavenV5_08EBA022-563A-48D5-AA8A-24799FC28316

Last edited:
Sorry. I dont know how to remove the thumbnails, but they're from an earlier version of the tactic!

I may have to create a new save to test it out. My Piacenza Calcio save is in 2034 and at this point most tactics are plug & play tactics with that team with a few requiring a simple role change for it to be a beastly tactic. FSV Frankfurt save is in 2017 so it may worth testing with this team. CA Bastia save is currently in the year 2019 and another possibility. my other saves are still in 2015 but I don't think I can get a Trequartista or a Complete Wing Back at this point.

I may have to create a new save to test it out. My Piacenza Calcio save is in 2034 and at this point most tactics are plug & play tactics with that team with a few requiring a simple role change for it to be a beastly tactic. FSV Frankfurt save is in 2017 so it may worth testing with this team. CA Bastia save is currently in the year 2019 and another possibility. my other saves are still in 2015 but I don't think I can get a Trequartista or a Complete Wing Back at this point.

I think i wont affect the tactic to much if you change the complete wing back to a regular wingback. Havent tried actually, so maybe it will perfom better, who knows :)

a weird thing happened when I used your tactic in my Piacenza save. my central defender scored a hat trick and is currently my leading scorer.

a weird thing happened when I used your tactic in my Piacenza save. my central defender scored a hat trick and is currently my leading scorer.

Can you post your Piacenza savegame please? i'm a fan of Piacenza

Is the tactic doing well with Piacenza?
too soon to tell as I use it in the Supercoppa and the first 2 Serie A games but it is VERY promising. I will post a screenshot once I play first 10 games(no instant result).

Can you post your Piacenza savegame please? i'm a fan of Piacenza
Piacenza is only available via custom databases like Pr0's database which have Serie D unlocked. Otherwise you will have to simulate a couple of seasons and hope that Piacenza makes it to Serie B.

du er dansker kan jeg se, er jeg også :)

Ditto :)

Nice formation - looks good - I recommend to be careful with the OI's - they can easily give you different results for what you want meaning - throw the tactic out of balance a bit - consider closing down MR/L AMR/L HARD. Or maybe none :)

So since you are danish I'm not gonna publish any tweaked tactic becourse you would probably find that annoying (VIKINGS) :)

I will however show you what I would do

View attachment 148638

Here you see an image of how I would line up the roles - Defence as you can see I try and keep it simple a dual role in defence is not a bad option and can work - so can a ball playing defender along with a central defender its all a matter of having the players available to you.

The left wingback that attacks the left flank - overlapping the wide left playmaker - The wide left playmaker supports the centre of the midfield an extra body in the midfield can never hurt. The defensive midfield I line up a deep laying playmaker on defensive duty - Its very important to have someone defensive in this area - even though you maybe are told its not needed in other tactics - its all about the cohesion of the formation. The right wingback that supports both the right winger and the centre midfield for passing options - the right winger is a more direct option a little simular to the left attacking wingback charging down the sides and very good for crosses from byline (Really king in fm16) - The CM support that links both defence and attack in an instance and are a really important outlet for a superior midfield like this. The Advanced PM on support sitting in that beautiful space between the CM and the frontman Trequartista - he is ofcourse the creator whom feeds through balls to your Trequartista or play it wide for your attacking widemen. The trequartista is maybe the role I'm most in doubt of in this formation - I would might consider to make him a poacher or advanced forward - I know by a fact that poachers scores alot of goals in fm16 - I personally had Neymar close to 80 gls in a season on poacher duty - Advanced forwards can ofcourse also score goals and is a secondary options - when that is said the Trequartista I have also seen highly successful in the striker positions - I'm only doubting the trequartista due to this setup - I think a poacher would be better suited - has to be tried though.

So I'm not saying anything is wrong with your tactic - If you beat the big teams away from home on a consistant bases then you should be aware you have something strong - no questions asked - then it is just like that. The above suggestions is alternatives to this akward but intelligent looking formation.

Rock'n Roll guys -Cheers