mattw123

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have just got to halfway point in my new beta save. I have to say, I am 30, have been playing since champ man 97, and this looks the best FM I have seen in a while (since 2012).

Anyway, I tried some of the tactics on here, alot have mixed success. I have put my own together. This tactic is well balanced - seems to get a lot of goals and produce good defensive records. I have gone 23 games unbeaten in the Premier League. In my first season, I picked up the league, League Cup, Champions League.

View attachment 1132951

Feel free to give this a go - Hope it helps.

The trick here isnt to play around with the formation - it has been as successful away as it has at home.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Very dynamic midfield. Exactly what i am looking for. I would prefer to have this kind of formation but then the two cf's as wingers/inside forwards. Is this possible Matt? Can you advise me how and what kind of settings?
Thanks!

Looks interesting. Very dynamic midfield. Exactly what i am looking for. I would prefer to have this kind of formation but then the two cf's as wingers/inside forwards. Is this possible Matt? Can you advise me how and what kind of settings?
Thanks!

I tested that formation for few matches with two wingers on support duties it was working very well as Hamburg has Kositic and Hahn on the wings, this tactic is very good base for any tweaks I believe it would works with inside forwards too;)

Thanks!

View attachment 78600View attachment 78599

this are the few games with wingers instead of CF... unfortunetly have to going to work now but i will finish both test soon;)

Sounds great. Cant wait. Hopefully wingers will be working in premier league. Im a bit fed up with inside forwards;) Maybe wingers require different kind of striker?

Seems like a solid tactic, have moved two of the strikers to IF to suit my Liverpool team which works well. Plenty of chances created. Only up to Christmas but top of the Prem with best goal difference in the League!

Seems like a solid tactic, have moved two of the strikers to IF to suit my Liverpool team which works well. Plenty of chances created. Only up to Christmas but top of the Prem with best goal difference in the League!

Attacking or Supporting IF?
Liverpool sounds great? What is yr starting eleven? What transfers did you make?

Only played one game so far but i've noticed that the attack left corners is taken short while the right side is near post. Is that by design or just mistake? I put both on near post since i'm assuming this was a mistake.

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response. Really pleased to hear you're all having success with this. In regards to tweaks, There should be no issue with using inside forwards. I have done it myself, but seen little success. After analysis of the tactic, using IF or wingers on this game puts alot of emphasis on the striker to finish. If he has a bad game, you can end up having 30 shots and still lose 1-0!

Try the formation untouched, and get your players to fit the formation. Don't panic if they are not completely natural to the position, train them to play it. For example, I have retrained Zivkovic to be a CF. The most important part of this tactic is the 3 in midfield and the 2 full backs. These are the guys that do all the work to get the ball forward.

Aquaplex, The corners are designed that way. My guys offload it across to someone outside the box who has a good record of knocking them in from distance.

I am just about to head in to work now, but I will post my league table with this formation. My goal difference is scary this season. This formation seems well balanced enough that I no longer make any changes to it! CT1 try it as a 433 and move your IF into a CF (supporting role). IF tend to get stuck out too wide.

Keep me posted how you are all going, love to hear other peoples stories!

Yikes! White the results are incredible! I have some tips for players to sign in your second season in the champions league if you need them!

At work, so I have no images or anything but anecdotal comments, but this tactic (the original as linked in the post #1) has been great for me in my pre-release goof-around game.

A tiny sample size, but so far as Leicester I have won 0-3 away at Everton, 1-6 away at Huddersfield and 2-0 at home against Stoke (I think!), in addition to a pair of solid wins against lower division teams in the Carabao cup with a completely different outfield 10 for each.

Looking forward to starting out with it tomorrow in my main game :)

i just tested this tactic. while its only a game or 2, im impressed with it. i usually build up my old tactic but having experience this i have to say its up there. GJ Matt

View attachment 78445

Im Still unbeaten in the league. The goal ratio is nuts!

I am going to have a quick tweak with the strikers. The three up front does and will always work, but I may try the two supporting CFs as deep lying strikers, to see if they can get a little more invlved in play.

Last edited: