Who Do You Think Is The Best F1 Driver Ever

• Total voters
This is just pot luck if its right to be honest
Year: 1971
Reigning World Champion: Joachim Rindt
Track: Buenos Aires
Haven't a clue on driver or team

Jamie F, nice idea but completely wrong

Not surprised, I tried to think who was the last driver to win the world championship and not defend his title, clearly I'm wrong though

that is also a good question...
it was prost, champ 93 then retired and mansell champ 92 went to america for 93 also

remember damon hill having zero on his car for two years?

Gms7 - nope

Dont think so...to Gms7

About the other thing, I remember, Senna had nr2

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

that happened in 93 and 94.....but what you are asking about must be most certainly be before the 80s

Dont think so...to Gms7

About the other thing, I remember, Senna had nr2

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

that happened in 93 and 94.....but what you are asking about must be most certainly be before the 80s

that was what i was saying, mansell champ 92 and prost 93 did not defend the following seasons i.e. 93-94 :P

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

3 no 2s back in 94... Senna included.

mansell and coulthard

show off, how many number 6's were there that year???:P

Something In my head keeps saying 1985, the year after Niki Lauda won his final world title. I don't know if he defended his title but worth a go I suppose.

Jamie F 2 points for Lauda being the current champ and year 85

1974 Ronnie Peterson, Argentine Grand Prix Oscar Galvez, former Champ Jackie Stewart

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Oh and team John Player Team Lotus

The team I think would have then been McLaren as Lauda won his 3rd title with McLaren. I can't think of anything else

wunzigan, for once, wrong

Strange, I checked, Ronnie had the Nr 1 in 74 for the first race, after Stewart retired Champ in 73,,,, will keep looking

The team I think would have then been McLaren as Lauda won his 3rd title with McLaren. I can't think of anything else
3 points for jamie f for champion, year and team

still need driver, country, track

Strange, I checked, Ronnie had the Nr 1 in 74 for the first race, after Stewart retired Champ in 73,,,, will keep looking
I think the question said about the LAST driver to wear Nr 1, 1985 comes after 1974 so while your answer is for the most part correct, somebody in 1985 drove with the Nr 1 on the car whilst not world champion

2?
Don't remember that much from the past,but definetely the numbers issue was strange.

3, Verstappen, Lehto and Herbert were all Scumachers team mate at some point during 94, driving number 6

Back