Trivaldo's Formula One Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter Triv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 955
  • Views Views 51K

Who Do You Think Is The Best F1 Driver Ever

• Total voters
Gooner Eagle and Psycho got it right...my bad, Villeneuve in 96,

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

At least I got the European GP right, LOL

1996, was won by Damon Hill

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

and it wasnt the German GP, it was the European one

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

And by the way Trivaldo, are you sure about the other question regarding March-Ford? I read it again, and the last victory scored was in 76 by Peterson, maybe I read wrong, can happen,,,,

you're right about peterson.. but at the time iwas looking for brambilla so the point for psycho stands... you can have a bonus point for pointing out i was wrong :)

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Scoreboard

NialZemin 54
Psycho1970 35
Jamie F 16
wunzigan 15
WestHam Bill 11
kevnaylor 10
Jose22 10
Nick Main 7
Ben 6
Gooner Eagle 6
JDH1989 5
Gms7 5
J-gibbard 4
Kombatunit 4
Thenaylor 3
we love the saints 2
Sammyt 2
Eds-99 1
NunoPeixinho 1
LFCMarshall 1
andid1 1
TheMjt 1
Brian 95 1
Trivaldo99 2

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

apologies for the delay, i had to get my ******* encyclopedia out to answer Wunzigans PM question... think its a bit too difficult for this quiz (H)

next question
where did alesi make his debut?
i recently mentioned he started in 89 so no poit for the year
points for country, track and team for 3

Lol, I was looking at Alesi's profile earlier, working out where he went wrong with just a single win in his career.

Tyrell he was driving for, in France I think. So that would be Circuit PR (Paul Richard)?

Lol, I was looking at Alesi's profile earlier, working out where he went wrong with just a single win in his career.
in 1990 he signed a contract with williams for 91 onwards, but weeks later ferrari offrered him a contract too, after lots of behind the scenes wrangling he went to ferrari to replace the retiring nigel mansell... so frank williams conviced mansell not to retire and come back to williams, mansell won title in 92, prost won 93 title with williams, hill 96, villeneuve 97....

basically alesi threw away the chance to be number one driver in a team that would dominate f1 for the next 8 seasons....

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Scoreboard

NialZemin 54
Psycho1970 38
Jamie F 16
wunzigan 15
WestHam Bill 11
kevnaylor 10
Jose22 10
Nick Main 7
Ben 6
Gooner Eagle 6
JDH1989 5
Gms7 5
J-gibbard 4
Kombatunit 4
Thenaylor 3
we love the saints 2
Sammyt 2
Eds-99 1
NunoPeixinho 1
LFCMarshall 1
andid1 1
TheMjt 1
Brian 95 1
Trivaldo99 2

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

next question
who was last driver to win for a Rob Walker run car?
driver, country, track and year for 4 pts

in 1990 he signed a contract with williams for 91 onwards, but weeks later ferrari offrered him a contract too, after lots of behind the scenes wrangling he went to ferrari to replace the retiring nigel mansell... so frank williams conviced mansell not to retire and come back to williams, mansell won title in 92, prost won 93 title with williams, hill 96, villeneuve 97....

basically alesi threw away the chance to be number one driver in a team that would dominate f1 for the next 8 seasons....

Ah, a complete mistake by Alesi there. I always think that the car has a lot to do with the race results, not just the driver's skills as reported these days.

jo siffert british gp 1968

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

brands hatch

and the track?

EDIT yep brands

how the f did you get that?? i thought i could have a little rest posting that question - i know you're old but that was before u was born

Back