Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Trouble Closing Out Matches

tet

Jun 1, 2006
I am having real trouble closing out games in fm. Its starting to get really annoyin now because even if im up 2-0 with the second half to play or even just half an hour im still losing 3-2 or drawing 2-2.

Its not just on this one game either, its been on other saves aswell, so i was wondering how does everyone else close out games because i know it can't be happening to everyone else as much as me.

Brum Boy

Sep 28, 2005
Happens to me sometimes but i always concede late goals, iv tried defending deep 5 defenders and 5 midfielders, but nothing works i always concede 90+. My worst case of it was beat man city 3-0 at half time then lost 6-3:mad:

Kris

Sep 17, 2005
if your 2-0 up and are playing bad and concede one then i tend to go defencive and change my team instructions to ultra defencive time waste alot punt long ball play it wide with little freedom

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
I put my mentality to all out attack, and play a 5-3-2 (with a sweeper). Tends to stop the **** 4-2-4 from getting goals in the last few mins. With side arrows on 2 strikers and an AMC.

rpashley

Mar 12, 2008
Keep an eye on the match stats if they suddenly start getting more possession and improved pass completion that is the signal to change your tactics, I do not believe that putting on an extra defender is much help. E.g My usual formation is 4-2-3-1 so if say I am 2-0 up and I notice the opposition are getting more possession I change to either a 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-2-1, basically I drop 1 player back slightly and re-evaluate from their, also check players physical condition always pays to keep it fresh. Hoppe this makes some sense if not let me know and will try and explain a little better.