Trouble Closing Out Matches

tet

Reaction score
I am having real trouble closing out games in fm. Its starting to get really annoyin now because even if im up 2-0 with the second half to play or even just half an hour im still losing 3-2 or drawing 2-2.

Its not just on this one game either, its been on other saves aswell, so i was wondering how does everyone else close out games because i know it can't be happening to everyone else as much as me.

Happens to me sometimes but i always concede late goals, iv tried defending deep 5 defenders and 5 midfielders, but nothing works i always concede 90+. My worst case of it was beat man city 3-0 at half time then lost 6-3:mad:

if your 2-0 up and are playing bad and concede one then i tend to go defencive and change my team instructions to ultra defencive time waste alot punt long ball play it wide with little freedom

I put my tempo down to slow and time wasting up full.

I put my mentality to all out attack, and play a 5-3-2 (with a sweeper). Tends to stop the **** 4-2-4 from getting goals in the last few mins. With side arrows on 2 strikers and an AMC.

Nice one lads ill give these a go

Keep an eye on the match stats if they suddenly start getting more possession and improved pass completion that is the signal to change your tactics, I do not believe that putting on an extra defender is much help. E.g My usual formation is 4-2-3-1 so if say I am 2-0 up and I notice the opposition are getting more possession I change to either a 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-2-1, basically I drop 1 player back slightly and re-evaluate from their, also check players physical condition always pays to keep it fresh. Hoppe this makes some sense if not let me know and will try and explain a little better.