Trying to Master The 4-6-0 & Tactical Ramblings

Arsenal vs Liverpool....

View attachment 269434

please view screenshot before continuing reading.

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
(see if you can spot where the oh dears change into dear ohs)

we ripped Liverpool a new *******, we just couldnt penetrate it.....

View attachment 269435
  • They played as deep and narrow and disciplined as possible in defence.. if Reina had held a blowtorch to Skrtels *** he still wouldnt have moved up from the defensive line..
  • Their 2 CBs got ratings of 8.3 & 7.7
  • Possession was still close because liverpool were happy to play short balls across their defence and to their DMs when they eventually got it..
  • So yeah, we know Brendan Rogers likes to keep possession and defend solidly, but this is a bit ridiculous. This might be why people have been criticizing LFC Marshall for being biased towards liverpool in this database.. They just play too defensively and no one can score against them.. if someone can be bothered letting him know that Brendan Rogers formation and philosophy needs a bit of tweaking, itd be nice :)
  • They havent conceded a goal this season yet, thats 8 games now.
Anyways.. moving on to our performance and tactics..
  • I was delighted with the things the Wingers are doing now, dropping deep, running less, passing more.. None of the starting outfield players had over 60 passes and none had under 30, im taking that as a good thing.
  • The 0 CCCs is misleading. With all our half chances, which were mostly scorable (scorables not a word) we couldve/shouldve scored at least 4 or 5 goals.
  • I'm pretty pleased with the performance and how the tactic is shaping up overall though, there were some slick passing exchanges and good understanding between the players.. its obvious the formation and stuff is starting to gel now.

Yeh bro, ill look into it.. too early to turn my back on him at MC so early since its been working out alright hah.
Join in yo, the more the merrier.

Being able to implement 3 at the back would provide so much more freedom/flexibility with that extra player! But the opposition AMR/Ls keep raping me whenever i try play 3 DCs :/

Well, my formation is 3 DCs (DCr and DCL moves to channels so they can play wide sometimes, and the Center DC is set like an attacking Libero), 1 MC(or DM), 2 Wide Midfielder set as Defensive wingers-support so they make forward runs on offense and runs back when on defense., 2 AMR/L and 2 AMC's..

I think you should consider using shouts... I am actually using your current formation and player instructions, big follower of yours..
But I am going to use shouts.. do you already use them?

And I think you should always before the match in opposition instructions instruct your players to close down, tackle hard their back four and also a DMC if there is. Works well for me.

I think you should consider using shouts... I am actually using your current formation and player instructions, big follower of yours..
But I am going to use shouts.. do you already use them?

And I think you should always before the match in opposition instructions instruct your players to close down, tackle hard their back four and also a DMC if there is. Works well for me.

Never used shouts in my life, which ones would you recommend. Do they make a major difference?

Where i can download this greateble tactic?

None yet. Might post one once i've got the best out of a 4-6-0.. but honestly, its way more fun trying to create, tweak and master your own tactic than downloading someone elses plug and play one.

Oh and sorry, been a bit busy with uni and stuff. Played a few more games though and changed the tactic a bit.. Averaging 3 goals and none conceded since the change against decent opposition, its playing out how i want! stay tuned ;)

never underestemate the power of shouts!!! this is fus-ro-dah, FM style!! you can tell them to keep possesion, work ball in to box and pass to feet for a 4-6-0 formation(if it is based on possesion), hassle opponent is good either way what formation you are using.

Hows it going pal? Just read thur your posts, great stuff