Turning The Latics Into World Beaters

That Hooper signing is excellent, could become that goal scorer that Wigan have so desperately needed for so much of this season!!

Keep up the good work mate, you've got a follower.

Thanks FM God! Plenty more to come!

Thanks Danny! Got a variety of templates to use!

Cheers Eddy! Hooper is a quality player and as you said I'm sure he can pull the strings at the top

Thanks CCFC!

4t7N2.png

Page last updated at
15:01 GMT, Wednesday 20th July 2012

221219-hooper-fined-over-referee-comments-410x230.jpg

zs3lf.png

"Dream Come True" For Hooper

Wigan Athletics new signing talks about his dream transfer to the Premier League and his season aspirations.

Wigan's new boy signing English striker Gary Hooper has claimed his move to Wigan is 'a dream come true' and stated he can't wait for the season to kick off.

Twenty three year old striker Gary Hooper completed a six and a half million pound move to the Latics just a couple days ago and already can't wait for the season to begin. Hooper caught Martinez's eye last season after a strong string of performances for the striker.

With Celtic he managed more than fifty five appearances and found the net no less than thirty three times as he made a name for himself in Scotland. He is heavily tipped for a place in the England side and the move to Wigan could soon secure that.

"A striker of my age just wants to play at the top of his game and this move can help me do that." said Gary Hooper in his first press conference.

"This really is a dream come true for me. To move to a club in the Premier League is great and to be a part of Wigan Athletic football club is great." Hooper went on to say "I hope to bring success to the club and I know Martinez has confidence in me."

"I just want to hit the ground running and the season to start."

Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez was sat alongside Hooper during this interview and added "It is great to be able to sit here beside Hooper and declare him a Wigan player." He added "he has a bright future not only at the club but in the England side too."

Also related to this story
Gary Hooper secures Wigan transfer 18 Jun 2011 | ​WIGAN
Houllier steps down as Villa boss 01 Jun 2011 |​ASTON VILLA
Mark Hughes resigns from Fulham 02 Jun 2010 |FULHAM

​Share this story
zs3lf.png