Turns out McCoist is actually doing alright.

stevesteve

Reaction score
Well, after slating Ally McCoist for weeks (well to be honest since midway through last season) for his terrible tactics, performance, results etc it seems that I can't actually do any better than him. In fact I am doing worse.

It was only a week ago I was joking that the Scottish Hero challenge would be easier than ever. Now after the same amount, 8 games in, Ally has wrestled his way to top of the Third Division while I am lying depressed in 5th, 8 points from top.

Just like in reality I am out of The Challenge cup as well. No matter what I do I can't string 2 wins together. I could be 2-0 up with 10 minutes to play and I swear I'm odds in to lose 2-3.

Has SI taken Rangers jittery start into account and included their struggle on the game or am I seriously less able than Ally McCoist?

its the game mate, everyone is struggling.. don't beat yourself up about it ;)

funny little read though :p

Yeah by 2017 on my old save, Rangers/ Celtic were the mainstay top 2 in the SPL again

Not had this issue at all, won the 3rd division on 100 points and won the league cup and romping the second with my new DOF Eric Cantona. Might need to try some new tactics mate : )

Worse than McCoist? wow, you must suck ;)

Haha I was feeling alright after reading the first couple of replies but that soon changed the further down I scrolled. Excellent.

Haha I was feeling alright after reading the first couple of replies but that soon changed the further down I scrolled. Excellent.

Might just be a problem with your tactics and the current issues around conceding goals from crosses, have you reviewed how you are conceding?

I just finished my 1st season as Rangers and despite going out of the Ramsdens and League cups in the first games, I still went on to win the league losing only 1 game.

Beating Celtic in the Scottish cup quarters 5-0 was highlight of the season (Must admit I was expecting to lose that game badly), going on to win the trophy. I think you need to take a look at your tactics Steve.

Well, after slating Ally McCoist for weeks (well to be honest since midway through last season) for his terrible tactics, performance, results etc it seems that I can't actually do any better than him. In fact I am doing worse.

It was only a week ago I was joking that the Scottish Hero challenge would be easier than ever. Now after the same amount, 8 games in, Ally has wrestled his way to top of the Third Division while I am lying depressed in 5th, 8 points from top.

Just like in reality I am out of The Challenge cup as well. No matter what I do I can't string 2 wins together. I could be 2-0 up with 10 minutes to play and I swear I'm odds in to lose 2-3.

Has SI taken Rangers jittery start into account and included their struggle on the game or am I seriously less able than Ally McCoist?

I won the division title by mid-February, at 35 points ahead with 11 games to go. My only loss so far has been 3-0 to Celtic in the League Cup at Parkhead.

Last edited:
I've played about half a season, won all my games apart from a loss on penalties away at Celtic in the cup. Playing a 424, cross abusing tactic, I swap to a flat 442 if I've got a difficult game.

Try changing your tactics mate :)

Also playing this game, half way through the 1st season. Only game Iv'e lost is too Celtic in the cup, just wondering when the transfer embargo will be lifted??

I will be back on this tonight. I am conceding a lot of goals from set pieces, crosses, rebounds and then crazy mistakes where a defender will just stop and give away possession.

I was aiming match prep on teamwork so I'll start with using the defending set pieces option instead. If there is a slight favour in the game at the moment with crossing then I'd feel a bit disappointed to purposely exploit it.

I'm playing 4 at the back with Black a deep lying playmaker, Templeton and Bowyer wide midfield with Temps set to winger, Shields sitting behind attacking target man McCulloch and deep lying forward Sandaza. I'm playing fairly quick short passes, controlling the game..... except I'm seemingly not.

Be gentle with me.

Also playing this game, half way through the 1st season. Only game Iv'e lost is too Celtic in the cup, just wondering when the transfer embargo will be lifted??

There is a bug that has been logged with SI as it actually finish a day early. You will be able to sign players on the last day of the 2013 summer transfer window.

I will be back on this tonight. I am conceding a lot of goals from set pieces, crosses, rebounds and then crazy mistakes where a defender will just stop and give away possession.

I was aiming match prep on teamwork so I'll start with using the defending set pieces option instead. If there is a slight favour in the game at the moment with crossing then I'd feel a bit disappointed to purposely exploit it.

I'm playing 4 at the back with Black a deep lying playmaker, Templeton and Bowyer wide midfield with Temps set to winger, Shields sitting behind attacking target man McCulloch and deep lying forward Sandaza. I'm playing fairly quick short passes, controlling the game..... except I'm seemingly not.

Be gentle with me.

Might be that you are not getting beyond the defenders? target man and deep lying means that there are not many runs beyond the last man, I play a 4-2-3-1 with little as a poacher he has the pace to break beyond the defence, if this is not working I will use Sandaza as a targetman for Little to play off. Now that I am further in I have a 20 year Old striker called Iago Bacerio that is banging them in - he has really good stats for a poacher, but my team has completely changed only really Hutton, Temps and Alexander are the only recognised players. All others are prospects and players have signed.

Normal team is now:

----------Alexander-------------
Piermayr--Hegarty--Faure--Wilson

------Tunnicliffe--Hutton--------

Watt------Lingard-----Templeton

-----------Bacerio---------------

I won the league by 17 points and won the scottish cup, now time for division two without mark yeates and chris martin:(