Turns out McCoist is actually doing alright.

Cheers for the suggestions.

To be honest scoring hasn't been too much of a problem but I do think I can utilise some of my players better than I currently am. I'll take your point on board about the choice of playing styles I have given my forwards. I'll see if Sandaza can start scoring a few as a poacher perhaps.

It is shields which is bugging me though, I never play someone behind the forwards but feel he would be wasted elsewhere. Might be time to go to a single striker to make up for my thin central midfield.

My team at start of my 3rd season:

Alexander/Pope

Argryiou, Goian, Perry, Wallace

Ruben Bover, David Davis, Black/Osman, Templeton/Danny Rose

Michael Owen/Fuller, Max Clayton

Seems I have cracked it. I have resorted to a flat 4 4 2 with sandaza or Little playing as a poacher. I now make sure to close down the outside midfielders and full backs and guide them on to their weaker foot to avoid as many crosses coming in. I have focused my pre-match prep more in kind with defends as well. Since then I have now achieved Park the Bus so it has made a big difference. I'm now joint top as well.

Shields has been fairly useless in centre mid however and Sandaza loves to waste opportunities but getting there.

Cheers for suggestions.

Seems I have cracked it. I have resorted to a flat 4 4 2 with sandaza or Little playing as a poacher. I now make sure to close down the outside midfielders and full backs and guide them on to their weaker foot to avoid as many crosses coming in. I have focused my pre-match prep more in kind with defends as well. Since then I have now achieved Park the Bus so it has made a big difference. I'm now joint top as well.

Shields has been fairly useless in centre mid however and Sandaza loves to waste opportunities but getting there.

Cheers for suggestions.

I would play Jig as a target man (scored 28 in div three in my game) and Little of him and change Sheils role to Advanced Playmaker - I also had success playing him as an inside forward.

I went with a 4-4-2 formation with McKay and Templeton up front, McKay took half a season to come good. After that, those two are slicing through every defence like a hot knife through butter.

My usual suspects in Division 2 at the moment are....

Gk-Neil Alexander
LB- Lee Wallace, CB- Stephen Hendrie, CB- Ross Perry, RB- Darren Cole
LW- Lewis MacLeod, CM- Lee McCulloch, CM- Barry Ferguson (lol back again) RW- Darren Ramsay
CF- Barry McKay, CF- David Templeton

Subs- Nicky Maynard, Ian Black, Ryan Gauld, Charlie Hamilton and Jordan McGhee

Some of these players start off ****, but after playing them all the time, they've come on in leaps and bounds.

Won the 3rd Division by 50 points, only 1 draw with the rest being wins.

The registration embargo is a real pain heading into the second season. Also, the fact that SI seem to have us selling 40,000 Season Tickets a season, and only 30,000 turning up to any game no matter the opposition is poor.

Rangers have set World Records already this season because of the attendances, including breaking our own World Record which we broke earlier in the season. This fact that only 30,000 are turning up in the game is providing future financial difficulties.

The second season we are struggling for some reason, top of the league and beating SPL teams in the Cups however the 2nd DIV teams are scoring way too easily and in this thread I seen something about "the conceding goals from crosses" problem. This is ridiculous. The defenders don't even go to the ball when a cross comes in they just stop still as well as the keeper while a striker walks into the space and then scores.

Needs to be sorted by SI.