TV loophole angers Premier League

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Premier League criticises a ruling which could allow pubs and clubs to screen its matches at any time.

More...

saw this in the news today, very well done to the landlady for finding that loophole :p. Will hopefully help people get the money that pubs need again :)

It's silly. Their point is that it will effect attendances when in reality, it's the clubs faults for ticket prices being so high.

We want to watch our clubs, not watch highlights but we don't want to have to pay £40-£50 to watch them week in, week out.

I watch every Chelsea game online for the past 5-7 years. I think every PL game should be available on TV for a one off price. So lets say this weekend if you wanted to watch Chelsea v Liverpool you could purchase that game for a one off price abit like a boxing event or wrestling.

We need somewhere to watch football. Especially given the cracking down on streaming sites. Not everyone can make it to every match, and then Sky/similar usually have a **** selection with plenty of foreign channels showing the majority of premiership matches.

Still going on about TV causing attendances to drop? Surely the 1990s proved this wasn't true.

Slightly off-topic, but also scrap the tv license fee aswell. Not only are you having to watch it live on SS if you can't afford to go to match, but also paying for the use of the TV, so it's a double whammy. If the BBC can afford to have so many useless, crappy channels, why not screen live football-they've proved they're rolling in cash.
But on-topic, this is good news. Pubs have been clobbered lately, and are closing down everywhere. Maybe this will get the cash back in, and re-ignite the trade. The PL and Sky have had it too easy for far too long.

The working mens club i go too has been doing this for years

The greed of players and clubs has caused attendances to drop not TV. The price of going to watch your club play now is a joke. Although it could be argued that the TV money has caused the greed in the first place i suppose.

I watch every Chelsea game online for the past 5-7 years. I think every PL game should be available on TV for a one off price. So lets say this weekend if you wanted to watch Chelsea v Liverpool you could purchase that game for a one off price abit like a boxing event or wrestling.

That is an awful idea IMHO. It will be more economical to buy a Sky Subscription for SS which is about a twenty quid a month, thats about two hundred pound a year..
If you had to pay about a tenner for each game.. and say you watch about 40 games which is what I do that is around £400 pound a year.

I got the price from typical PPV prices and that was what PremPlus was around when it was around..

That is an awful idea IMHO. It will be more economical to buy a Sky Subscription for SS which is about a twenty quid a month, thats about two hundred pound a year..
If you had to pay about a tenner for each game.. and say you watch about 40 games which is what I do that is around £400 pound a year.

I got the price from typical PPV prices and that was what PremPlus was around when it was around..

I never said 10pound a game lol. Even a fiver which for a 38 game season would cost less than 200quid

Sky show a pathetic selection of games, so you're paying £240+/year for the chance to possibly watch a few matches involving your team laden with advertising.

Sky show a pathetic selection of games, so you're paying £240+/year for the chance to possibly watch a few matches involving your team laden with advertising.

I watch other teams too.... I actually watch other teams more than United probably :S .... Only seen about 10 United games this season... (only PL)...

I stopped paying for sky sports in the mid 90's, when not only did i have to pay a subscription fee they wanted pay per view also which was disgraceful! any games ive watched since have been free on stream. I wouldnt mind paying but only if the price is fair.

I stopped paying for sky sports in the mid 90's, when not only did i have to pay a subscription fee they wanted pay per view also which was disgraceful! any games ive watched since have been free on stream. I wouldnt mind paying but only if the price is fair.

No PPV anymore... God I hated PremPlus... My mum's bf would only buy Arsenal games to the delight of my bro... hardly watched any United then... it was all on the PPV service :(

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I never said 10pound a game lol. Even a fiver which for a 38 game season would cost less than 200quid

Yes, but being realistic if this was put into place it would cost around that... There used to be a system like that.. but not for all games and it cost around 7 quid I think... and now with the economic crisis it would be more like a tenner.

Last edited:
Lol I know the pub that this has happened to, it's called the Red White and Blue. My Dad used to take me there before Pompey matches and I know the landlady. Glad she won her case :)

The PL can kiss my ****. Its the fans who keep it in existance, and its the fans who can make life very difficult for them.

ADTHE wont be missed by me as i used to use it but since i have found VIP STAND I have not used it as VIP STAND is the best one for streams

It seem the PL have managed to get rid of this site.

www.ATDHE.Net RIP

Firstrow.net also died, now displaying this

IPRC_Seized_2011_02_NY.gif