When ? 28/09/2010
Where? Stadion FK Partizan, Belgrade
Kickoff? 19.45
Channel? Sky Sports 4 (404)
Competition? UEFA Champions League
Prediction? 1-1

Sky Bet: Nasri 12/1 to score twice

Arsenal Team News
Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia will miss Tuesday's Champions League trip to Partizan Belgrade with an elbow injury.
Almunia, who was at fault for two goals as the Gunners lost 3-2 at home to West Brom in the Premier League on Saturday, will be replaced by Lukasz Fabianski.
The Gunners are still without Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott and Robin van Persie, all out with injuries.
Kieran Gibbs is back in the squad after recovering from the foot injury he sustained during the Carling Cup win at Tottenham last week

Partizan Team News
NONE AT CURRENT TIME WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED

Wenger's Thoughts
Arsène Wenger has called for a sense of perspective in the wake of Arsenal's surprise 3-2 defeat to West Bromwich Albion at the weekend.
The Frenchman admitted his team were "flat" at Emirates Stadium on Saturday as the Baggies surged into a three-goal lead after the break and held on for a shock win despite a late double from Samir Nasri.
Wenger has analysed the performance and now wants to draw a line under it as Arsenal focus on an important Champions League clash with Partizan Belgrade.
"The whole squad was very very low yesterday because we knew we had a good opportunity to win this game [against West Brom] and we didn't catch it," said Wenger.
"Yes [it is good to draw a line under it] because we gave a lot physically against West Brom and it was not because we lacked effort [that we lost]," he added.
"I think we rushed our game and we didn't respect the priorities in our game and that's why we lost. But we gave a lot and I believe we will have a good game tomorrow because we are a good team."

Stanojevic's Thoughts
I said to my charges – “ Credits go to you for what is happening to us right now and you have every right to enjoy in football tomorrow”. Players are focused but also relaxed and positive. We have to be hundred percent brave and, above all, proud. We cannot allow that pride to be shattered at our ground. That`s how our supporters feel too.
We have to be competitive and to play to get a result. Let`s be realistic – down there it`s about how Arsenal feels. We`ll try to attack so that we make a few statements on the park, too.In football, every game, every half, every detail differs. Arsenal plays the same game, but they managed to win Spurs 4-1 while losing to West Brom 3-2.
Would never write us off. Even it`s far from realistic, I hope can through to the next CL stage. Nobody will remember how we played versus Arsenal. History will write points only and I don`t want to see us pointless there.

PREDICTIONS?

SOURCES : http://www.partizan.rs/vest.php?Jezik=en&IDV=767&Jez=en&sec=2&prikaz1=2010
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-will-regroup-for-belgrade-test
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9036382.stm
i think it will be 1-1 as in a hostile atmosphere There's a big chance of Fabianski making a mistake :'(

i think it will be tougher than it looks but Arsenal will come through i think 2-0

I'm going to refrain from predicting after a shocking display on the weekend.

1-1. I think they will be a good side, and with the kind of atmosphere, I hope we can leave with a point.

Last edited:
I think Arsenal will get the win here. It will be hostile, so they should look for an early goal to quieten the crowd and then they can play their football and get the win.

Partizan 0-2 Arsenal - Arshavin and Eboue

fabianski is in goal though we have a disadvantage !

Much more difficult game than people think i believe, but i reckon we'll be able to win this one, its one of those games where if we do win, it will be fairly comfortable (by 2+ goals) but we could easily slip up on, hopefully Wenger lets them know how bad they were on saturday, and inspires a good performance. Otherwise, 2-2.

Last edited:
for Duncs sake - Partizani ftw (H)

Wooopaaaah! Can't wait for this game, put Partizan in my accumulator ;) better do me justice, if they lose, I will still love them, for no apparent reason.

4-2 arsenal...I'm predicting that we'll get 3 in first half, then 2nd half they'll score two early on and the rest of the game will be a bit panicky until someone scores late. No matter what, pretty sure we won't get a clean sheet..partian shouldn't be underestimated though, and it's always hard going to such a far away place, but we should win this one - even with fabianski.

1-1 draw

Coming off one of the worst Arsenal performances I've seen in a while I have no confidence that tthey can do the business. The injury toll is lookingpretty bad too

Almunia="elbow injury" so that's his latest excuse. Fabianski starts. Yuck. I change my vote to 2-1 Partizan. The body count for arsenal will be to great against one of the traditionally most hostile environments in Europe