200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

When ? 03/11/2010
Where? Donbass Arena, Donetsk
Kickoff? 19.45
Channel? Sky Sports 2 (402)
Competition? UEFA Champions League
Prediction? 1-1

Match Preview
Arsenal can book their place in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League when they travel to Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports HD2.
The Gunners have won all three of their Group H matches so far and another success in Ukraine would secure their passage to the next phase with two fixtures to spare.
Arsenal were comfortable 5-1 winners in their last meeting with Shakhtar a fortnight ago, but manager Arsene Wenger will be wary of complacency at Donbass Arena.
Wenger's men head into the fixture in fine form having won their previous five outings in all competitions.

Arsenal Team News

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has been ruled out of Wednesday's Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk because of a hamstring injury. Alex Song, Andrei Arshavin and Denilson are also ruled out of the European tie.
Song has a calf problem, Denilson has a groin injury and Arshavin has an unspecified problem. That leaves the manager light in central midfield. Don’t be surprised if Craig Eastmond fills the breach in the holding role. The likes of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Henri Lansbury have also made the trip. So, while this may be the Champions League, there will be a Carling Cup element to the bench.
Robin van Persie (ankle), Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles), Manuel Almunia (elbow), Abou Diaby (ankle) and Emmanuel Frimpong (knee) all remain sidelined.

Shakhtar Team News
Ukrainian Premier League champions Shakhtar sit second on six points in Group H while they head into this tie off the back of a league triumph.
Domestically, Shakhtar boast a five-point lead at the summit after defeating FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovs 1-0 on Saturday.
Jadson (foot) missed the weekend match and is unlikely to play against Arsenal while Henrik Mkhitaryan is absent as is Fernandinho.
Striker Eduardo, who scored his side's only goal at Arsenal, will be hopeful of starting versus the side he left in the summer.

sources: Sky BBC Arsenal

Predictions?

The Arsenal Team
Fabianski, Eboue, Squillaci, Djourou, Clichy, Walcott, Wilshere, Eastmond, Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner

thanks to Mike for the team :)

Last edited:
Shakhtar win for me, they will be pumped and looking for revenge.

Can't see Arsenal walking it the way they did at the Emirates, but I do see them winning.

Shakhtar 1-2 Arsenal.

i think it will be 1-1 but i hope we win :)

1-2 Arsenal: Goals from Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri.

Fernandinho to score for home side.

the Legend that is "Crazy Jens" is a pundit on SS2 tonight !!

Shakhtar 1 - 1 Arsenal.

Going to be a very tough game.

Arsenal first eleven:

Fabianski, Eboue, Squillaci, Djourou, Clichy, Walcott, Wilshere, Eastmond, Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner

Chesney, Sagna, Kos, Vela, JET, Lansbury, Chamakh on bench.

2-1 to Arsenal, Walcott and Nasri in reply to Eduardo.

EDIT - And for some reason, I have a feeling Eastmond will be sent off.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Awesome counter.

Last edited:
Anyone tell me how he scored? I'm having huge trouble with streams.

Amazing counter attack, good finish by Walcott.

Anyone tell me how he scored? I'm having huge trouble with streams.
Shakhtar took a quick corner, it was turned away and fell to Wilshere. He picked out Theo's run, Theo got it around half way and out-ran the defence and them calmly slotted it past the onrushing keeper from just out of the box :)

**** me that was close.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

**** sake :'(

Jesus. Don't think that was a FK tbh though. OG from young Eastmond for me.

How did Djourou become a PL footballer?

Interesting pass Wilshere...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Sigh...

Clichy trying to be to ******* fancy :S

2-1, Eduardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.