UEFA Champions League Quarter & Semi Final Draw

can`t wait for the arsenal v barca games both will be amazing football!
same old jammy manu always getting the easy road as always, hopefully the germans can cause an upset!

Last edited:
booked my ticket to germany already :)
gunner500 its about time you didnt get an easy draw after porto and the group stage...

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Man United have got an easier path to the final, also if they get to the final they will be the home side. Looks like everything is in their favour.

Also looking forward to the All-French tie.
just asking what difference does that make?

just asking what difference does that make?

Not much of a difference, but it's always nice to be the home side.

And anyone who is saying don't underestimate Bayern, did you watch any of their previous matches?
They were incredibly lucky to get past Fiorentina and without Robben they would of been out at the group stage. Not to mention the referee who basicaly gifted them a spot in the Quarters.

If United can contain Ribery and Robben they will dispatch Bayern with ease.

some good matches there im backing inter in the champions league now chelsea are out :D

As Long as Utd don't win I don't mind. I just want to see good football hopefully an 8 goal thriller at the Emirates :D

alot of people will proberly be expecting arsenal to get thrashed but i think arsenal have a great chance to go and beat barca over the two legs especially at the emirates

Pep & Wenger won't go all-out attack. There's too much at stake so don't be surprised if CSKA-Inter game provides more sparks 'cause CSKA don't have much to lose if they get knocked out. XD

If we beat Bayern, I see us in the final against either Barca/Inter. Hard to call ;)

Pretty good draw. Wouldn't call it easy but it can only be a good thing that inter, barca and arsenal are all in the other side of the draw. Hopefully we can make it to a thrid final in a row.:D

I have a terrible feeling that the barca vs arsenal game is going to be hyped up endlessly and be a massive let down.:S

I really don't know what to say. If we somehow manage to overcome the juggernaut of Barca, it looks as if we will have to meet Inter. Oh well, let's focus on the league for now, we can deal with Barca when the time comes, I would hate to be distracted by this awful draw :'(

We need to watch out for Robben and Ribery,they will cause us the most trouble and their midfield is much,much more stronger than ours.If we cut off the supply to the frontmen,then we'll have a chance.

We need to watch out for Robben and Ribery,they will cause us the most trouble and their midfield is much,much more stronger than ours.If we cut off the supply to the frontmen,then we'll have a chance.
:p Think you're underrating our midfield a bit there. Unless you mean physically strong......:S

Bayern won't be an easy game but i think we should be able to get the win.<)

can`t wait for the arsenal v barca games both will be amazing football!
same old jammy manu always getting the easy road as always, hopefully the germans can cause an upset!
sigh, if you're gonna havea pop at united, please check your facts.

2008-2009 knockout stages we played: Inter, Porto, Arsenal, Barcelona

2007-2008 knockout stages we played: Lyon, Roma, Barcelona, Chelsea

yep those 7 teams are easy arent they.....

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I really don't know what to say. If we somehow manage to overcome the juggernaut of Barca, it looks as if we will have to meet Inter. Oh well, let's focus on the league for now, we can deal with Barca when the time comes, I would hate to be distracted by this awful draw :'(
i actually think you're not as hard up as it looks. If arsenal play to their strength they can hurt barcelona, and they have the ability to hurt inter, its tough but doable

Last edited:
Kituno, Your going on like your underdogs, Lol.

Easy draw? good one.

Draw could have been worse tbh, but Bayern wont be easy. They look very good, but were lucky to beat Viola. Lyon or Bordeaux in a potential semi-final could be alot worse, especially compared to Inter or Barca.

****-Barca will hopefully be entertaining but if Arsenal get to the final they've done well.

I may be the only one to think this but I'd say it's possible CSKA could pull off a result against Inter. As long as they don't concede away I think they could get a home win..

I wonder what the odds on an all English final are.. I'd put some money on that, well if Arsenal can overcome Barca.

Possibly but Eto'o vs Beteusky (SP?WTF) = a nightmare.

definately gonna put some money on Arsenal winning the competition.

definately gonna put some money on Arsenal winning the competition.
Why?:p

Because the odds you will get will have gone way up or you think they have a really easy draw.....?oO)

My Predictions

Match 1:

Lyon 3 v 2 Bordeaux

Match 2:

Bayern 3 v 3 Man United (Away Goals to Bayern)

Match 3:

Arsenal 2 v 4 Barcelona

Match 4:

Inter 4 v 1 CSKA

Bayern arent going to be easy, although they were lucky against Florentina, this is a different game against us and a chance to put the record straight after the final of 99'. IF we do how ever get past Bayern (which it will take a home win and the odd away goal, 3-2 to us im going for) then i can see us getting to the final. Would love a repeat of last seasons final just to give Barcelona some pay back but either way, a third straight final would be an achievement in itself.