UEFA Europa League first round draw.

Well, most referees, as most people, in portugal, support benfica.
In the UEFA final, i stand by what i said. that should have been a corner, not a goal kick, and it would make a world of diference.
the hand ball would give sporting 1 more point in the table, that would reach the same points as Porto, and given that sporting had direct advantage to porto due to winning the 2 games against them, we win the championship.
concerning luisao's goal, well, in the book it says that the keeper cant be touched by the opposition players, and should he be touched in the 6 yd box, it is a foul, its common knowledge.

i think sporting has a pretty decent chance to win this round, if we make a few good signings.

There must be something in the green and white hoops cos you sound as paranoid as Celtic after a bad result:p

So Arsenal draw Barcelona and we get Sparta Prague, how ******* depressing. Man I hate this so much.

I know who i'd rather be playing and its not barca !

I'm not going to repeat myself, maybe you didn't understand what I mean, I was saying that the other games could have different results, or that in some games Sporting/Porto/ Benfica could have been helped or robbed by the referees, basically that.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BttgRLrfB0k?fs=1&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BttgRLrfB0k?fs=1&hl=pt_PT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BUT WHO HERE AGREES THAT THIS IS A FOUL?

Well, most referees, as most people, in portugal, support benfica.
In the UEFA final, i stand by what i said. that should have been a corner, not a goal kick, and it would make a world of diference.
the hand ball would give sporting 1 more point in the table, that would reach the same points as Porto, and given that sporting had direct advantage to porto due to winning the 2 games against them, we win the championship.
concerning luisao's goal, well, in the book it says that the keeper cant be touched by the opposition players, and should he be touched in the 6 yd box, it is a foul, its common knowledge.

i think sporting has a pretty decent chance to win this round, if we make a few good signings.

There must be something in the green and white hoops cos you sound as paranoid as Celtic after a bad result:p

Not paranoid. Clairvoyant. Benfica is more than a club here in portugal, and i dont mean this in a good way. Benfica is mostly favored by refs, sanctions applied to benfica players are much lighter than on the others, for example, a foul that earned joao pereira a direct red card last year would probably be either a simple foul or a mere telling off to a benfica player.

sigh...

I know who i'd rather be playing and its not barca !
Hope it's Schalke, btw if we won Schalke we still need to get pass Barca / Real.

My dream:
1. Arsenal
2. Copenhagen
3. Real Madrid

I will be like, In Your Face Mourinho.

How is Rangers this season? last time i saw rangers played sporting they didnt play jack ****, we absolutely dominated the game and on a couple of lucky ocasions they scored.

Still, could have been worse. Sevilla and Besiktas are much harder than the scots.

They almost beat Valencia, and only some extraordinary poor finishing got Valencia a point, and they drew to Man Utd at Old Trafford.

It's all the refs fault, THEY ARE AGAINST US! =p [I joke, of course]

Yeah right... That's why Sporting never wins anything, they only care about Benfica, if they are in front of us, its all good :)
While we can go to you tube and put "Porto- Escutas", and listen about all the corruption schemes they made. I could get 1 million examples were Benfica was clearly robbed, ****, we just have to go back a few games and compare the number of penalties ! Guimaraes - Benfica much? Marítimo-Benfica? Nacional - Benfica? I'm not gonna search in past, I'd have too much work.
Drop the inferiority complex(as a club) and start solving your problems, look at your president and your Football Director, look at your Manager...

Not paranoid. Clairvoyant. Benfica is more than a club here in portugal, and i dont mean this in a good way. Benfica is mostly favored by refs, sanctions applied to benfica players are much lighter than on the others, for example, a foul that earned joao pereira a direct red card last year would probably be either a simple foul or a mere telling off to a benfica player.

sigh...

Sigh

This thread is not about FC Porto/Benfica/Sporting, this is about Europa League, so cut the **** about corruption or getting robbed ..

Figures...

But in one he's right, its not about us.

I can see Europa League going to Porto/Napoli/Liverpool

Unfortunately I think Benfica doesn't have what it takes this year, but it really depends on easy/hard draws.

Sigh

This thread is not about FC Porto/Benfica/Sporting, this is about Europa League, so cut the **** about corruption or getting robbed ..

@ Halbard - anyway mate, I've just been messing with you :p

Good luck when our teams meet.

thankfully we have a player at sporting that knows the rangers side pretty well, so my money is on Sporting CP to win. If i get the G's, i might go to scotland see the game, since my exams are probably over by february.

I wouldn't bet on the game. Sporting are not really doing so great domestically are they?

Should be interesting, just don't expect a different Rangers approach to last time.

I'm happy with the draw i think we will beat Sporting and then in the next i think PSV will go through and play us in a game i also have faith we can win what a story it will be if Rangers go all the way in Walter's last season and the fact it's in Dublin is a bonus

@ Halbard - anyway mate, I've just been messing with you :p

Good luck when our teams meet.

i dont wish luck to my opponents, it's hypocritical.

About the club board, man, it sucks. bunch of ******* tossers. the manager is an eyebrow-less idiot, who keeps trying to do same thing over and over and expects different results.

Still, i have hope, since for european matches, the players here seem to motivate pretty well.