Uefa outlines threat to ban European clubs who break rules on finance

This "The Premier League has forcefully pointed out that investment of the kind that once took Blackburn Rovers to a title or Fulham to the Europa League final would be impossible under the new rules"

I don't see how its fair, we all know that big teams make millions more from merchandise and TV than smaller clubs. All it means is players like Rooney, Torres ect wont be on 200+ grand a season but still be at top clubs.
While the rest of the pack like Sunderland, Bolton, Blackburn on lesser revenue won't be able to compete at all.
I hope that all the national FA's get together and break away from FIFA and UEFA, their intent on killing the game

but with all bar a few, when this was announced, no contracts would of ran into this period, or would be in the last year at the start of the period being measured. Therefore clubs who signed players on long term contracts should of been aware of these rules when they signed the player.
For example, Chelsea who are reportedly paying torres £175k a week, on a long term contract, will be aware that this contract will go into the period being examined.
thats a different to case to players signed before. i put up a thread about chelsea's jan signings and Romans thinking, worth a read for you

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

As I said in the last one of these bullshit stories from UEFA trying to be "hard", go and ban one of Europe's top clubs, I dare you.
alll too true, easy to talk big. let see what happens when they are actually tested

This "The Premier League has forcefully pointed out that investment of the kind that once took Blackburn Rovers to a title or Fulham to the Europa League final would be impossible under the new rules"

I don't see how its fair, we all know that big teams make millions more from merchandise and TV than smaller clubs. All it means is players like Rooney, Torres ect wont be on 200+ grand a season but still be at top clubs.
While the rest of the pack like Sunderland, Bolton, Blackburn on lesser revenue won't be able to compete at all.
I hope that all the national FA's get together and break away from FIFA and UEFA, their intent on killing the game

yes but of these 3 clubs, Bolton are in financial mess according to the chairman, and so were Blackburn until takeover. we can all live for today ie Portsmouth, Leeds etc but the long term results (relegation, administration) are far more then the short term gains. I am in favour of the new ruling as long as it is applied fairly and without discrimination. I hope it promotes better overall management of clubs where they focus a higher percentage of their thought on the long term future of clubs.
I would like to see a ruling where clubs must spend at least a certain percentage of income on youth policy (either signing young players, coaches, training or even community projects)

good bye city ;)

oneyoonited typing this. A plastic rag tweenager who has never even stepped foot inside the swamp...

Do Barca break even? Do Milan? Do Real Madrid?... I'd wipe that juvenile smirk off your mug if i were you sunbeam. United are in crippling debt. Now is not the time to comment on other clubs financial situation.

If you think Twattini and co will ever ban all these clubs from Europe then you are an even bigger mug than you make out.

You can't argue with the fact that the money in football is crazy but who's fault is that really. Simply put it's UEFA's fault. They have nobody to blame but themselves. The FFP rules are the equivelant of bolting the stable door once the horse is long gone. They are cutting thier noses off to spite thier face.

I saw a great clip the other day which raised the point "how were clubs supposed to compete with Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc?". The Sky and Champions league money they have been hogging for the last 2 decades made it impossible for any other clubs to compete. How was that fair?

"A club cannot be grown organicly like you could 20 years ago". It's not Billionaire business men who are ruining football but Uefa themselves. Now the new breed of mega rich are here and it is disrupting the status quo. The old guard at Milan, Barca, Yoonited etc don't like it therefore neither do Uefa.

If Uefa really wanted financial fair play they wouldn't have created a huge barrier between the mega clubs and the rest years ago. What they really want is a return to the way things were. Unfortunately for them they will have to hurt all their favourite mega clubs in the process. Which is why inevitabley these rulings will fail.

All you City haters out there should watch this clip. Especialy the bit about Champions league money at 4:00

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6665916,00.html

oneyoonited typing this. A plastic rag tweenager who has never even stepped foot inside the swamp...

Do Barca break even? Do Milan? Do Real Madrid?... I'd wipe that juvenile smirk off your mug if i were you sunbeam. United are in crippling debt. Now is not the time to comment on other clubs financial situation.

If you think Twattini and co will ever ban all these clubs from Europe then you are an even bigger mug than you make out.

You can't argue with the fact that the money in football is crazy but who's fault is that really. Simply put it's UEFA's fault. They have nobody to blame but themselves. The FFP rules are the equivelant of bolting the stable door once the horse is long gone. They are cutting thier noses off to spite thier face.

I saw a great clip the other day which raised the point "how were clubs supposed to compete with Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc?". The Sky and Champions league money they have been hogging for the last 2 decades made it impossible for any other clubs to compete. How was that fair?

"A club cannot be grown organicly like you could 20 years ago". It's not Billionaire business men who are ruining football but Uefa themselves. Now the new breed of mega rich are here and it is disrupting the status quo. The old guard at Milan, Barca, Yoonited etc don't like it therefore neither do Uefa.

If Uefa really wanted financial fair play they wouldn't have created a huge barrier between the mega clubs and the rest years ago. What they really want is a return to the way things were. Unfortunately for them they will have to hurt all their favourite mega clubs in the process. Which is why inevitabley these rulings will fail.

All you City haters out there should watch this clip. Especialy the bit about Champions league money at 4:00

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6665916,00.html
1) if you can't post without insulting someone dont bother

2) this is bigger than city, or even the premier league. Football is quickly coming to a crossroads. To this day Serie A continues to suffer from the excesses of the 90's

it could be argued that the incoming FFP rules are the stepping stone to wage caps, and that can only be good

Mike that is a very easy standpoint coming from a United fan. If all wages were capped at let's say £30.000 per week then who would players transfer too?

"Hello mr sneijder we represent Stoke City, We can offer You a fine wage of £30.000 per week to play for us" OR
"Hello mr sneijder we represent Man United, We can offer You a fine wage of £30.000 per week to play for us"

Where is he going Mike if the playing field is level? you would have to wipe the slate completely clean and give every club a squad of unknown 18 year olds on the same wage to make things even.

To be honest the conversation of financial fair play from Uefa and the traditional top clubs is sickening. Are people so blinded by their own club loyalties to see this?

Mike that is a very easy standpoint coming from a United fan. If all wages were capped at let's say £30.000 per week then who would players transfer too?

"Hello mr sneijder we represent Stoke City, We can offer You a fine wage of £30.000 per week to play for us" OR
"Hello mr sneijder we represent Man United, We can offer You a fine wage of £30.000 per week to play for us"

Where is he going Mike if the playing field is level? you would have to wipe the slate completely clean and give every club a squad of unknown 18 year olds on the same wage to make things even.

To be honest the conversation of financial fair play from Uefa and the traditional top clubs is sickening. Are people so blinded by their own club loyalties to see this?
Nothing to do with being a united fan, everything to do with being a football fan. You make the false assumption that i say it as a united fan. wages are massively out of control, and football is approaching a precipice

as always it should be left to the club to sort it out, a wage and salary cap would massively undermine the game and its investor base and should never be implemented as it will be unfair for loads of mega clubs

Again I cannot help but not feel apprehensive about these new rules and I am pretty darn sure UEFA wont ban a major club, Real Madrid are not breaking even but i'd bet UEFA willnever think about banning them, major clubs will probably get dispensations while the smaller clubs will be banned

This will be the outcome of these rules but thats just my opinion

People are not seeing what has happened to Serie A. Premier league is nothing when compared to Serie A of 90s. Now check out the financial state of the teams there. Hope FFP kicks in and brings some sense to the football game.

as always it should be left to the club to sort it out, a wage and salary cap would massively undermine the game and its investor base and should never be implemented as it will be unfair for loads of mega clubs

Again I cannot help but not feel apprehensive about these new rules and I am pretty darn sure UEFA wont ban a major club, Real Madrid are not breaking even but i'd bet UEFA willnever think about banning them, major clubs will probably get dispensations while the smaller clubs will be banned

This will be the outcome of these rules but thats just my opinion
agree with this in parts, its needed. but it will be pointless if uefa fail to enforce across the board, big club or small

Nothing to do with being a united fan, everything to do with being a football fan. You make the false assumption that i say it as a united fan. wages are massively out of control, and football is approaching a precipice

Agreed Mike wages are out of control. But since the advent of Sky, The premier league and the Champions league clubs like yours have always been able to offer crazy money to the best players which in turn brought you more success and the cycle continued. FOR 2 WHOLE DECADES!!! Nobody else could compete. How was that fair? Financialy or otherwise. Uefas hypocricey is staggering. They brought this uppon themselves and clubs Like Man U loved every second of it. Now a few of the smaller clubs have found a way to compete it's all of a sudden wrong. It's bollocks Mike.

Honest question here Mike and i want an Honest answer. If Europes top 30 clubs all fail to break even in time do you really think Uefa will ban them all from Europe?

People are not seeing what has happened to Serie A. Premier league is nothing when compared to Serie A of 90s. Now check out the financial state of the teams there. Hope FFP kicks in and brings some sense to the football game.
this is my point. Serie A has never recovered from that

Real Madrid have a huge imcome. I dont know why people are thinking that they cant break even. They have superb young team, and one of the best sponsors. Global brand and they have 50 % image right of all players. Thier revenue is way way over the top. They can easily survive, so can Barca.

Agreed Mike wages are out of control. But since the advent of Sky, The premier league and the Champions league clubs like yours have always been able to offer crazy money to the best players which in turn brought you more success and the cycle continued. FOR 2 WHOLE DECADES!!! Nobody else could compete. How was that fair? Financialy or otherwise. Uefas hypocricey is staggering. They brought this uppon themselves and clubs Like Man U loved every second of it. Now a few of the smaller clubs have found a way to compete it's all of a sudden wrong. It's bollocks Mike.

Honest question here Mike and i want an Honest answer. If Europes top 30 clubs all fail to break even in time do you really think Uefa will ban them all from Europe?
Football has always been slow to react, but its a case of better late than never, Platini has been fighting for this for a long time, before he became UEFA president.

Honestly I dont know, but you are picking a remote standpoint to make an argument. Especially since they are actually trying to. As Bayern's Ruminegge said "Its time to put the breaks on the game". The aim is about punishment its about bringing the finances of the sport under control. The only one talking about specific clubs here is you

agree with this in parts, its needed. but it will be pointless if uefa fail to enforce across the board, big club or small

I honestly dont think they will have enough power to enforce it across the board, they ban the major clubs from the European Comps and its their coffers which wont get filled, they will have no choice but to allow them to continue

I honestly feel that none of the Major Clubs in Spain and England have done much to suggest that they will be trying their utmost to comply with these rules

Bullshit would they ban anyone. So your telling me if a massive club like Barcelona broke the rules, they'd ban them? I know it shouldn't make a difference how big the club is, but we all know it will make a difference in the end. UEFA will have the balls to ban a tiny little club from abroad, but what if the first case is a massive well known team like United etc? They won't follow through with it, not a chance.

Bullshit, UEFA, bullshit.

I honestly dont think they will have enough power to enforce it across the board, they ban the major clubs from the European Comps and its their coffers which wont get filled, they will have no choice but to allow them to continue

I honestly feel that none of the Major Clubs in Spain and England have done much to suggest that they will be trying their utmost to comply with these rules
Unless you look at the yearly accounts, im not sure you can make that assumption.

Unless you look at the yearly accounts, im not sure you can make that assumption.

Chelsea mad a loss of 70m this year, more so i am guessing after these transfers

Man City as well all know, no comment there

I am pretty sure Barca and Madrid have mad losses, remember reading that somewhere

Would UEFA ban all these clubs? I doubt it... its sad but its true

Chelsea mad a loss of 70m this year, more so i am guessing after these transfers

Man City as well all know, no comment there

I am pretty sure Barca and Madrid have mad losses, remember reading that somewhere

Would UEFA ban all these clubs? I doubt it... its sad but its true
You know the ban is the final sanction, not the first. Also thisi s the last season that clubs can go massively overboard transfer wise (hence city's spree)