Uefa outlines threat to ban European clubs who break rules on finance

I am a fan of this new ruling, with hopes of it improving our international fortunes. Arsenal are a model example of self efficiency, and as the article stated, there will be little restriction on investment within the club - facilities and youth development will have an increasing role which can only be a good thing for England. Arsenal have been able to compete during the last decade or two thanks to brilliant financial management and a proficient scouting network, along with the excellent management from Wenger. Every club should be aiming to emulate their finance model.

Chelsea mad a loss of 70m this year, more so i am guessing after these transfers

Man City as well all know, no comment there

I am pretty sure Barca and Madrid have mad losses, remember reading that somewhere

Would UEFA ban all these clubs? I doubt it... its sad but its true

Chelsea and City are making losses.

Madrid- No
Barca- They made some 8 Million net profit, close to it.

You know the ban is the final sanction, not the first. Also thisi s the last season that clubs can go massively overboard transfer wise (hence city's spree)

it will be tough for them to break even, like how Chelsea are finding it tough after their spending spree's in the past

Cant really see them implementing this seen as only stoke, wolves and arsenal made a profit last season.

Only reason platini wants this rule to come in is so the french teams apart from lyon get further than the 1st round of knockouts

Barca had to take a loan to pay their players wages, so they are clearlly making a huge loss. Chelsea lost 75 mill then spent 70mill on torres and luiz.

the opposing presidential candidate camps were using 2 different sets of figures, one shows barca in profit, one in debt,

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Barca had to take a loan to pay their players wages, so they are clearlly making a huge loss. Chelsea lost 75 mill then spent 70mill on torres and luiz.
becuase they were owed millions in unpaid TV money

the opposing presidential candidate camps were using 2 different sets of figures, one shows barca in profit, one in debt,

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

becuase they were owed millions in unpaid TV money

god knows Mike but Chelsea can only break even now if they sell naming rights to their stadium, that is a viable short-term option