UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

wkdsoul

Reaction score
The European Super League will be announced at 9:30PM tonight. The new league represents the American takeover of elite European football - a closed shop run by founder members, and bankrolled by JP Morgan.

The 12 clubs are: • Manchester United • Liverpool • Manchester City • Arsenal • Chelsea • Tottenham • Barcelona • Madrid • Atlético • Inter • AC Milan • Juventus

European Super League details: Chairman: Florentino Perez [Real Madrid] Vice-Chairman: Stan Kroenke [Arsenal] Vice-Chairman: Andrea Agnelli [Juventus] Vice-Chairman: John W. Henry [Liverpool] Vice-Chairman: Joel Glazer [Manchester United]

ITALY - According to reports in Italy, UEFA intends to respond to the European Super League clubs by threatening them with exclusion from UEFA competitions.
PREM - The #PL has warned clubs not to join a European Super League, and to distance themselves from the proposals.

KEEP ALL THE MESS HERE

I hate this idea, does Europe need a revamp. Yes probably, but this is protecftion racket for the big boys and can GTFO

Delete this thread please :D

I mean this wont happen, seams like a bigger threat to push some other agenda with other laws. Fifa and UEFA must hold their threats clear and shut down those teams in participating any other competition. Few big clubs should never have power to decided things like this. If they want to play their own backyard go and try, but THEY MUST NOT be allowed to take part in other games also.

And if this happens sure thing wont be watching it. This is everything sport, football and community's stand against.

This is what we Yanks wanted ever since we started investing in European football. Treat clubs like protected franchises without promotion and relegation. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Its the American way.

The UEFA/ Associations response is beyond hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The irony is beyond hilarious.

The PL didn't give a flying F about the rest of English football when they created the 'Greed is GOOD league' and widened the gap between the haves and have nots to astronomical levels.

UEFA, one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet lest we forget, haven't given a flying F about leagues that aren't in big money markets. Refusing their actual CHAMPIONS direct entry. Whilst being in cahoots with said major market leagues to the tune of first 2, then 3, and now 4 teams directly into the money-spinning group stage. They effectively run a closed shop CL as it is.

And now they both have the F nerve to try claim the 'moral high ground?' Because the clubs don't need them and they'll miss out on their cash cows ..... SERIOUSLY?

The irony in that isn't just hilarious its F sickening.

I'm 100% against the very notion of this as a fan. But the noted breakaway clubs don't need ANY other clubs/ FA/ UEFA. THEY are the ones who bring in the major revenue and they know that. They won't get kicked out of anything.

The PL/ UEFA need them WAY more than the other way round.

Last edited:
But the noted breakaway clubs don't need ANY other clubs/ FA/ UEFA. THEY are the ones who bring in the major revenue and they know that. They won't get kicked out of anything.
Okey so they wont be kicked out of World cup. There wont PL for them as the league will probably say no and CL is pointless as they are already playing each other.

You have 12-15 teams who play each other week in. Top of the top in Europa. 2-5 years it might be milking golden eggs laying goose but this will fade away. Arsenal and Spurs will never continue to fight with bigger names, even if they get a bit more money. Premium league will continue playing, the economy might be ****** for a while because all the backing out deals from broadcasters etc. But the league will continue to thrive, the fans in England will support local league more and we can see super league team fans bailing the boat as it will get boring fast. Add the case if Germany and France wont have any teams there. New CL will be created without super league and it might have slover start, it will out grow the super league in time and revenue will be starting to fall.

These billionaires see huge opportunity to milk money in super league, but you really think that huge owners from other clubs will bend over? Not getting France and Germany clubs will have also big impact. Right now it seems like forced move to get something else out of it. Also there is possibility if they are kicked out their own leagues they will expand the league and ask other clubs maybe to join also making the league maybe 32 teams?

There are **** ton of things that can happen. Maybe this would bring better order and competition back to England pyramid? Maybe it will collapse other PL clubs completely with budgets. Really wondering if there will be some players who will step out and say something against it. Even more if they are in those super league clubs.

Would be fun if this happens :LOL:

1618767791009.png

Mate. without L’pool and Utd, and the Worldwide interest/ revenue they bring, the PL is no different from the SPL.

They underpin the whole gravy train. And the PL know it.

There’s absolutely ZERO danger of either being kicked out of anything.

Mate. without L’pool and Utd, and the Worldwide interest/ revenue they bring, the PL is no different from the SPL.

I’m sure half if not most the people complaining about it will be lapping it up if it starts also.

I’m sure half if not most the people complaining about it will be lapping it up if it starts also.

Well, and I’m not suggesting anyone here is crying out in any sort of faux outrage (I’m completely and utterly against the very notion of this or an expanded CL it’s opposed to), when the PL came around the outcry was rightly the same.

And we saw how long that lasted.

It’s the outright hypocrisy thats getting me as much as any disgust at the idea. Football has been eating itself since the start of the breakaway in ‘92 and now its coming home to roost.

Just a surprise its taken this long to come to a head.

Well, and I’m not suggesting anyone here is crying out in any sort of faux outrage (I’m completely and utterly against the very notion of this or an expanded CL it’s opposed to), when the PL came around the outcry was rightly the same.

And we saw how long that lasted.

It’s the outright hypocrisy thats getting me as much as any disgust at the idea. Football has been eating itself since the start of the breakaway in ‘92 and now its coming home to roost.

Just a surprise its taken this long to come to a head.
Could not have summed up my thoughts any better!

Do you think it will be a case of if they leave the money and sponserships goes with them. I mean lets be honest we are looking at it from an old school lens you could say. Whereby football is the culture of this country but international fans are more interested in the bigger games as that brings in more eyeballs not crystal palace vs Burnley or whatever. You only need to look at the resentment for 3pm blackout rule that was put in place to protect the lower leagues which it does. I remember mentioning years ago that the European super league will definitely happen as the pull the top clubs have is immense, they know the sponsorships and money will follow them. This is just the start imo and it will definitely happen in the next 15 years.

That is very arrogant. Liverpool isn't even in the same conversation when it comes to worldwide reputation compared to Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus.

That is very arrogant. Liverpool isn't even in the same conversation when it comes to worldwide reputation compared to Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, being deliberately obtuse, or are just cocooned in the US and don't have a clue about what you're chatting?

But that did make me laugh.