UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

Lad, none of that has anything to do with football. If you want something done you gotta work with people up top. Fans refusing the meeting just so they can pat themsvels on the back about how anti-establishment they are, thats just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Mate, he doesn't give a flying **** about reforming anything. Like every other hypocritical, lying **** the past 3/4 days, he's out for NOTHING else than his own self-interests.

It's baffling that you think he does?

Of course he doesn't give a ****, he's a politician. But if they pass some legislation that blocks SuperLeague forever, would it matter that they're doing it out of self-interest to gather some much needed good PR?

If you have the opportunity to get a sitting Prime Minister on camera and squeeze his balls, you take it. Alternatively you can reject the meeting to make a self-congratulatory political gesture that will be forgotten in a week, like a fart in the wind. I know what I would choose.

Of course he doesn't give a ****, he's a politician. But if they pass some legislation that blocks SuperLeague forever, would it matter that they're doing it out of self-interest to gather some much needed good PR?

If you have the opportunity to get a sitting Prime Minister on camera and squeeze his balls, you take it. Alternatively you can reject the meeting to make a self-congratulatory political gesture that will be forgotten in a week, like a fart in the wind. I know what I would choose.

Mate, seriously, there's NO ******* chance of any legislation being put in place here. That was NEVER on the table in reality. He was using it PURELY as publicity and a faux threat to protect his interests with Murdoch.

But regardless, if you've morals and standards, the **** you sit down with that low-life, career lying, shithouse.

I know what I would choose too. The RIGHT thing to do

When I was growing up, 20 or so years ago, there was a coverage of English football on our local TV station. 4 games per week, and it was amazing. Then the news came out that they simply didnt have enough money to get the rights for English football. There was still Italian and German football on TV, just not English.

And it remained like that for a solid 10 years until digital and cable TV finally became standard.
It was Sport Klub (club) that had the rights for the games. But when their contact expired, they were outbid by Arena Sport. They are regional TV and they did great job with the coverage of the football. However, for people on Balkans, they are really expensive and they have to be to continue broadcasting the games.

General interest in football is in all time low, at least to watch it on TV. That 10 year of limited football is kicking in right now. And current lack of interest is going to kick in soon, real hard.