UFC 112: Invincible

Div_Muzza

Reaction score
Will be on ESPN at 6pm till 9pm

Line up includes:

UFC Middleweight Championship Title Fight
Anderson Silva (World No. 1 Middlewight, World No. 1 Pound For Pound) vs. Demian Maia (World No. 5 Middleweight)

UFC Lightweight Championship Title Fight
B.J. Penn (World No. 1 Lightweight, World No. 5 Pound For Poumnd) vs. Frankie Edgar (World No. 7 Lightweight)

Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie
Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz
Terry Etim vs. Rafael dos Anjos
John Gunderson vs. Paul Taylor
Phil Davis vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Rick Story vs. Nick Osipczak
Brad Blackburn vs. DaMarques Johnson
Paul Kelly vs. Matt Veach
Jon Madsen vs. Mostapha Al-Turk

Terry Etim and Mostapha Al-Turk are both English.

Bear in mind not all fights will be telivised I think the first fight to be shown will be Etim vs dos Anjos.

i can't see anderson silva loosing this same with b.j. penn
but you never know
can't wait for the matt hughes fight, his fight with senna was a good one

I think Anderson gota lucky break with not having to fight Vitor Belfort.

I would say so. Akiyama has requested the fight probably hoping a win would propel him into the title mix. I'm not sure which weight the fight will be held at as Wanderlei dropped to Middleweight in his last fight and planned to stay there where as Akiyama fights at Light Heavyweight I think.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Results

-Match--Winner--Loser--Method--Round--Time-
-1--Jon Madsen--Mostapha Al-Turk--Decision (Unanimous)--3--5:00-2-
-Paul Kelly--Matt Veach--Submission (Guillotine Choke)--2--3:41-
-3--DaMarques Johnson--Brad Blackburn--TKO (Kick to the Body)--3--2:08-
-4--Rick Story--Nick Osipczak--Decision (Split)--3--5:00-
-5--Phil Davis--Alexander Gustafsson--Submission (Anaconda Choke)--1--4:55-
-6--Mark Munoz--Kendall Grove--TKO (Punches)--2--2:50-
-7--Rafael dos Anjos--Terry Etim--Submission (Armbar)--2--4:30-
-8--Matt Hughes--Renzo Gracie--TKO (Punches)--3--4:40-
-9--Frankie Edgar--B.J. Penn--Decision (Unanimous)--5--5:00-
-10--Anderson Silva--Demian Maia--Decision (Unanimous)--5--5:00-

I couldnt believe it when I heard Penn lost but i don't care. I always had a deep hatred for him, dont kno why. :p

No surprizes with Silva. Who knows maybe GSP is the next opponent?

Watched it and thought that other than the Munoz - Grove , dos Anjos - Etim & Davis - Gustafson fights the event was *****, Hughes & Gracie were scared to fight each other incase one got the takedown, Penn looked nothing like his normal self and I'm beginning to wonder if the knee support was for an injury that had kept him out of training because he looked sluggish and the Silva fight was terrible. Maia did what he could but Silva just showed what a ***** he is

Lesnar is expected to face Shane Carwin at UFC 116 to unify the Heavyweight titles

He's been pretty ill apparently.

Was a pretty boring event. Fignt of the night went to Munoz and Grove , Submission went to dos Anjos and KO wnt to DaMarques Johnson all bagging $70,000 each.

Penn looked terrible. And Silva as allways was just a **** showing that he is the most overrated fighter in MMA and mostly fighting fighters half his size.

I think next for Edgar will be undefeated Gray Maynard who previously beat Edgar.
For Silva I am unsure. Rumours of a super fight against Georges St. Pierre have been around a while tho seemes unfair with the weight difference. Silva weighing 220 before he cuts weight and St. Pierre weighing just 175.

Brock Lesnar is due to fight Shane Carwin at UFC 116 on July 3rd. Lesnar had been out with an illness but is back to full health has dominated due to his large size. Carwin comes into this fight undefeated most wins coming by TKO and submission.

Didn't really want to make a new thread so I thought I'd just add on to this one.

Is anyone watching UFC 113 tonight?

Apprently Shogun has an injured knee :S
Really thought he would do it tonight but now I don't think he will.

Looking forward to the rematch , i like Machida , but shogun was robbed in the first fight, he dominated most of it.

Kimbo slice on the card also lol

Last edited:
Didn't really want to make a new thread so I thought I'd just add on to this one.

Is anyone watching UFC 113 tonight?

Apprently Shogun has an injured knee :S
Really thought he would do it tonight but now I don't think he will.

Yep watching it, dont watch it much, but just came across it on tele so thought id watch, lol, any decent fights to look out for???

Kimbo slice fight , The Josh Koshcheck fight , Shogun rua vs Machida main event

Kimbo slice is the guy u see on you tube with the backyard bare knuckle fighting

Last edited:
Ye he is fighting now, he looks mean, lol. wouldnt wanna cross him on his bad day.