'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 151K
What individual training did you use for your CMs, Amr/Aml and ST?

I generally went by these guidelines:

Defence:

+All Fullbacks I trained as complete wing backs, as I like my wide defenders to be able to attack and defend no matter who they are and what team they are in.

+ Centre backs who are decent on the ball i trained as ball playing defenders. Think Rio, Ramos, Pique, Luiz. If they aren't star names you have never heard of look at their composure, passing and technique, and if they have potential there already then go ahead and train them as ball playing defenders.

+ All other centre backs that don't appear to have promising stats in the aforementioned areas, or perhaps simply show greater potential in other areas then train them as an out and out central defender.

Midfield:

+ All wingers, whether they are natural wingers or modern day inside forwards train them as inside forwards. This has nothing to do with the position they play in your tactic, rather that training them this way allows them to focus on a greater range of attributes.

+ All creative central/attacking/defensive midfield players who like to control the game statically or from deep train them as a deep lying playmaker. Think Xabi alonso, Lucas Leiva, Pirlo, Carrick, Xavi.

+ All creative central/attacking/defensive midfield players who like to control the game further up the field and in a more forced manner train the as an advanced playmaker. Think Fabregas, Ozil, Modric, Canales, Isco.

+ All other central/attacking/defensive midfield players who don't specialize or show potential as an all round player train them as box to box midfieders, as it incorporates training for a range of attributes. Here train players like Khedira, Cleverly, Fellaini, Pogba, Busquets, Mascherano. Basically, this setting is to train players you would normally see as simple central midfielders, box to box mids and ball winners. So use your heads here to judge it.

+When you have a player like Wilshere, Ramsey, Canales, Montolivo, who are capable of controlling the game from deep and further up the pitch, and can also be effectively in winning the ball then technically you should train them as box to box players. However, I don't as i think this wastes some of their more developed stats. Here i would judge it by my personal preference of where i want them to play, and also how they would naturally play irl and according to their ppms. So whilst whilshere can dictate the game from deep i'd still train him as an advanced playmaker (regardless of where i play him in my tactic). Again, Ramsey and Montolivo are capable of controlling the game from further up the pitch, however i'd still train him as a deep lying playmaker.

Attack:

+ As a general rule all forwards should be trained as complete forwards. This is literally so that they train up as many stats as possible and become all round machines. The only exception i ever make to this is when the player is so clearly an out and out type of players, or he is physically restricted to training as a complete forward, in this case i would use train them as an advanced forward. So players like Falcao, Rooney, Lewandowski, Benzema, Drogba, Aguero, Holt, Lambert, Welbeck etc i would set to train as complete forwards. When you have a player like Javier Hernandez whose size restricts him then just train him as an advanced forward as this will form him into effectively an "all round poacher"

+Here i would also consider someone like Klass Jan Huntelaar, who is a slow poacher who relies on his tacitcal and positional ability to get into scoring opportunities , to be trained as an advanced forward. This would increase his poaching attributes and give slightly more dimension to his game.

Special Exceptions:

+ When you have a world class player, and I mean really world class and he plays either on the wing, in the amc position or upfront. Then here i would train that player as a complete forward too, regardless of if he is actually playing upfront in your tactic or not. This is because the player has shown the potential to max all his attacking attributes and as such should be trained to achieve this goal. It is important to consider the strength of not just his technical stats, but also his physical and mental attributes. Here I would train Ronaldo, Messi, Muller, Reus, Neymar and if you have any player that resembles a 2004-8 version of Kaka or a Sneijder type player who just falls into the category of being a number 10. This is for when the player is playing in any attacking position and is so good he transcends being confined to one type of role, as such we train him in everything.

Please make sure you don't just train a player like bale, di maria, nani, robben and ribery here as whilst they are amazing players, they don't necessarily show the potential in attributes that they can play in amc/l/r and upfront. Players like the first batch i mentioned (Ronaldo, neymar etc) have the ability in technical, mental and physical stats to be able to be an all round attacking machine.

Last edited:
I'm working on a tweaked version of the balanced tactic as we type. can a mod lock this thread please.

Last edited:
I've tried a lot of tactics with a lot of teams but this worked the best.
I started with Man Utd and in the first year I won the PL with 96 points, won the CL, I lost in the final in the League Cup and lost the semi final in the FA cup.
The second year was absolutely tremendous. Won the PL with 100 points (31 wins, 7 draws, 0 losses; For:110 and Ag:26), the CL, the Club WC and the FA Cup.
My starting 11 in the second year was: De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Balanta, Alex Sandro, Bender, Fellaini, El Shaarawy, Lamela, Lewandovski, Rooney(I sold him in January)/Hernandez

original Under pressure tactic

Chrissy, do you still have the original under pressure tactic from the old thread?
for som reason that worked better for me. would be nice to get it back as i accidentally deleted it

Back