Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
You hear everyone on here going on about the big names or the best hot prospects, but does anyone have a favourite unsung hero?

I've only managed Spurs, Liverpool and England, but I would have to say Krancjar for me. I've played him on the left wing when Bale is injured, or inside left and he always gives me a good performance. Running at players, good passing and scores quite a lot too. I've managed Modric, VDV, Pastore, Douglas Costa etc and none of them have performed consistently well as Krancjar.

Another player is Corluka (another Croat!). He's had many good games for me at right back, but has also filled in at centre half and occasionally defensive midfield and done very well. In my new Spurs save I've decided to train him as a centre half as he is that good.

Last edited:
christian bentiz, i allways get him cheap around 2m when im managing bottom table clubs and he bangs them in always gets signing of the season :)

Antonio Mirante (parma) was managing Fulham (2011-12 season, parma relegated) and let me tell you, dont judge a book by its cover! ignore his CA and PA, in action he can be just as good as Buffon and sometimes even better!

Danny Welbeck.

Poor stats wise, but with a season of tutoring he turns into a goal machine.

Matt James is a close second. His playing stats would suggest he's destined to the play Championship football, but with a decent tutor and a few loan spells he was easily pushing for a place in my starting 11.

Sam Cowler

17 year old West Ham keeper who, with the right tutoring, training and handling becomes a world class keeper.

Last edited:
Antonio Mirante (parma) was managing Fulham (2011-12 season, parma relegated) and let me tell you, dont judge a book by its cover! ignore his CA and PA, in action he can be just as good as Buffon and sometimes even better!

Good to here,just signed him for my promoted Atalanta

Michael Carrick, because he is awesome, in every way, in football manager, in fifa, in real life.

I'd say Sime Vrsaljko for me, class on either FB position. Yet another Croat again!
Another one I have is Ishak Belfodil, technical stats may not be the greatest, but once he starts running, it takes a lot to stop him.

Just kept 12 clean sheets for me in my 2nd season with Parma with an Avg of 7.52. Did well in a lot but let some sloppy goals in too

i am a massive fan on both krancjar and matty taylor in real life and i'm glad to hear that krancjar has been performing well for you. i've been a big fan of both players since the portsmouth days.

on fm i've recently found cleverley to be a good player in 2014 but i must say the player i was most pleased about was pjanic from OL as i signed him to play AM (which was recommended in my best team by my assistent) and he was shocking there and i almost let him go on a free, but i decided to keep him until the end of the season as backup because i only had anderson and an injured scholes ahead of him and i quickly realisesd that it was a problem with the position and not the player. so i gave him a second chance at CM and not looked back since as he's managed to clock up 200 appearances for me in all comps and has been holding off some very talented players such as cairney, fleck, ramsey and forced me to sell anderson and gibson.

the other player i would have to praise is iker munian (sp) as although he is a very highly thought of youngster he moved to porto in my save and wasn't playing too well there and i picked him up for either 600k or 1 mil (i forget which one was to porto and which was from porto to me) and he's been a revelation in his first season outscoring rooney in all comps and this is only because hernandez was out for about 8 months with a broken leg (lower)

on the last fm i found inigo calderon a brilliant player and he was always teh first name on my teamsheet as a RM which i don't think is even his natural position.

the only other players have been regens taht i've bought in an attempt to bring them through in teh future and have surpassed the senior players very quickley.

Jonas Gutierrez. His crossing stat is shocking, yet he rarely fails to deliver into the box.

sanago ?

and maybe (maybe) squillaci. he did score a couple of goals in his first season.

Last edited:
Just kept 12 clean sheets for me in my 2nd season with Parma with an Avg of 7.52. Did well in a lot but let some sloppy goals in too

7.52 Avg is pretty good eh :)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Good to here,just signed him for my promoted Atalanta

Fill me in on how he's doing !

Theo Walcott, definetely not the best attributes on the game, played as a poacher he bags goals for fun.
First season 35 games (all competitions) 32 goals
Second season 36 games (all competitions) 29 goals

Junior Stanislas at West Ham, been getting 20-30 assists a season out on the right wing for me.

matt tubbs from crawley! from league two to teams in the bottom half of the prem, he is a very good signing! just scores goals, he cant seem to help it :) also darius vassell, who has rubbish stats, but played as a poacher still scored 23 goals in 26 games for leicester in the prem, including a hat trick against liverpool.

three lung park as known as PARK JI-SUNG

Versatile player ! I could use him as the right or left midfielder , ball winning midfielder , and sometimes I put him into the complete forward to be paired with Chicharito !

I made a bully team, The likes of Tim Cahill, Barton, Cattermole, Kev Davies, Huth and just general wrongen's and they all played amazing. I think alot was down to most teams fearing my side LOL

For Lower Leagues (My Bromley save, and some tough recollection back to an Elgin City save i had a long time back)
Craig Gunn- only really for the lowest of leagues, but starts out in Scotland third division and is class there
Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu-Scores goals fore fun in BSN/BSS/BSP
Adam Boyes-same
Cerial Oosthout(sp?)
Thomas Pechart
Jordan Bowen
For Mid table/lower table teams in top countries or for top teams in lesser countries (from a standard save)
Mate Simao-terrific defensive mid
Mahatma Otoo-can really blossom into a world class striker in some but not all games (i don't think he has a fixed potential)

And from my current save (swiss challenge league winners and then promoted, 2nd season)
Marco Reich- bought for 20K from WAC-St. Andra, expensive but he was on 8.02 in the challenge league and 7.40 in the super league. Low wages but a class player if you need someone on the cheap
Oumar Konde- a do everything player, CB,DM,CM for a team like me, bottom of a lesser countries top division, but would be suitable for league 1 certainly and possibly a lesser championship side. Signed for free.
Christopher Reinhard-absolutely class player signed for $500 but now worth 100K. He can play most every position.
Volkan Kamrahan
John Boye- For free from Stade Rennais. Amazing CB that scores a lot.