up the toon, a newcatle story

• Thread starter Thread starter emoasyou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 11K

What Young striker should i sign to replace Ba and Cisse next season?

• Wilfried Zaha

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Cedrick Bakambu

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Jordan Rhodes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Jay Rodriguez

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Apostolos Velios

• Marcello trotta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mattia Destro

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Rueben Rochina

• Vincent Aboudakar

• Hervin Ongenda

• Jeffery Schulup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atempt to loan Danny Welbeck or Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Sold Tiotte cos i stopped playing him didnt suit my new tactic

ok seems to be more interest then i fought will continue first season in the same format

January Update Newcastle remain undefeated for the month?
Battle of the cottage
Newcastle in 7 goal thriller
Newcastle book first final of the season?
Still fighting on all fronts?

Results

Newcastle 2 Santon (25) Cisse (45+1) - Wigan 0
Newcastle beat wigan after dominating possesion and back to a commanding performance at st james park

Fa Cup 3rd round

Fleetwood 0 Newcastle 2 Campbell (16) Carson (29)

League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Chelsa 2 - Newcastle 3 Ba (11) (58) Cisse (41)
Newcastle win the battle of stamford bridge and secure a second away win against chelsea despite chelsea dominating the game newcastles counter attacking display was great again.

Bolton 0 - Newcastle 2 Bakenga (67) Ba (76)
Mushaga Bakenga scores on debut, despite being battered Newcastle win with a great display of counter attacking football missed chances go begging for bolton. Tactical Genius Dimbleby changes back to a standard tactic as newcastle win but only on counter attacking football, Dimbleby claims he wants his team to play more controled football and attempt to emulate the style of the Nou Camp giants.

View attachment 262767

7 goal thriller at white hart lane
Tottenham 2 - Newcastle 5 Ben Harfa (8) Cisse (15) Ba (59) (67) Obertan (63)
Despite Newcastle being dominated by spurs they show great counter attacking display and win a great game best of season so far?

Dimbleby states he was happy the team won with the new formation but did hope
for a more controlled display, He hopes in the future the team will control possesion more. In all a cracking game he was very hsppy to win as this now puts Newcaste second 5 points clear of Chelsea and 4 Points behind United the title race is hoting up

. Aston villa 0 - Newcastle 3 Obertan (8) Ben Harfa (68) Cisee (89)

Newcastle win comfortably Dimbeleby says. im ecstatic, the change in tactic and my team finay played the controlled football i was hoping for, with 16 chances on goal i was very happy with todays display, okay still lacking in possesion counts but it was a lot better.

Captial One Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Newcastle 2 Vuckic (59) (78)- Chelsea 1

Vuckic showed the quality he as today just off the stiker he was very controlled on the ball, and really impressed me we had 20 shots on goal today against a great Chelsea team but again most of this on the counter. though this does show our quality in possesion is better then the opponent as of late.

Fa Cup 4th Round

Newcastle 1 Coloccini (62)- Aston Villa 1
In an even game newcastle had lots of chances on the counter but didnt make them count, Dimbleby says im dissapointed to have drawn today hopefully we can do the job away.

Newcastle 2 Hoilet (26) Cabaye (46) - Fulham 3

Dimbleby says My boys dominated this game and to lose to a great free kick by risse and a wonder goal from 30 yards from pogrebnyak was somthing they coundnt do anything about pure quality. we shall come back better then ever. Athough it does hurt to lose at home in front of our fans

January review

In all a good month remaining undeafeated untill the end and winning home and away to Chelsea was awsome to book a final with bolton first of my reign very pleased. Was a month of tactical changes trying to find the right combination of attack and defence dispite losing to fulham i beleive we have a good mix and the talent boght in is very exciting. Thrilled to be second in the league but the teams around us are now close and we could end up out of the top 4 unless we book our ideas up in the next games. Big fixtures ahead in Febuary and March could realy define our seaon. Very happy to be still involved in all 3 compettions and having a chance of winning them all. Huge game against Manchester United in March i'm highly Anticipating.

Results and fixtures

View attachment 262791
League Table
View attachment 262794
Febuary Update Follows Soon

Last edited:
Before i do Feb update anybody any ideas how i can make this story better? any feedback will be greatly appreciated hope my followers are enjoying the read as much as im enjoying the game :$

Mate keep it up, just improve the content (writing etc.) and it will be awesome KIU

What content exactly i tried to make the last update more in depth did it work?

this is my first story dont want it to be **** lol
Mate relax, Ive only just read it myself. People wont comment after every single update. Guests might be reading too, some people dont log on to this everyday as well. Update was good, KIU

will try to get next update up sometime today if not be up 2moz for def and will try to finish the season as im doing april and may together

February Update

Can Newcastle take the top spot
The Toon back on track?
Toon win first silverware since 1969 fairs cup?

Results

Wolves 1 -
Newcastle 3 Ba (24) Bakenga (28) Cisse (87)
Dimbleby says' it was Great to see all my main strikers score and get back to winning ways. Also great to give 3 points to the following fans. it was also great to have mroe possesion then the opponent and more shots

Fa Cup 4th Round Replay

Aston villa 4 - Newcastle 2 Iturbe (2) Backenga (87)
Out of our first cup in the 4th round not as good as expected but as i fielded a second string team the board understood i decided to focus my attention elsewere as i have a relatively small squad and to guarantee champions league football is my main objective this season now.

Arsenal 0 - Newcastle 0
was very happy to get a point here as it was a difficuilt game and Sime Vrsajko earnt himself an early bath. Arsenal was the better team but my boys should grit and determination to put on a great defensive display to keep them at bay. Steven Taylor was great in this match making 14 tackles and winning the ball on 11 times one of them was key.

Capital one cup final.

Dimbeby says before the game.

This match is so big for the fans as the club have not won anything major since the fairs cup in 1969 which i dont consider a big tittle anyways. A win here tonight will gain us a place in europe next year which is great to have in the bag before the end of the season. I'm very happy my players have go us here and its my first visit to wembley which is such a beautiful stadium and such a big occassion. The fans have a special treat tonight and im so happy to see the amount of support we have here. With us also second in the league as my first season in charge im absoulutly ecstatic to be in a cup final as well as a title race. Its tight at the top but with a game in hand we could move 4 points clear of the pack below and finaly put some pressure on Manchester United closing the gap to 6 points. Heres hoping the end to the season is spectacular.

Newcastle 2 Ba (41) Taylor (70) = Bolton 0

Dimbleby after the game

WOW!! what an acheivement weve done it my first cup final and were the winners Capital One Cup Champions. The board before the match told me they had faith in me and my team and im so happy to be able to repay that faith and that from the fans with a great victory here today. Its quite fitting that 2 of our best players for the season and part fo the reason we are in this amazinfg position won us the game. Ba and Taylor its been an amazing month for aTaylor and so please he won the MOM award today as he it was nothing short of a world class display he is a special talent.

In all a great month and hands down the best of my career so far winning the Capital One Cup Final and giving us chance to have breathing room from the pack below us as they are really hoting up this race for second United still to play next month in the biggest match so far who knows we get a win we could really put pressure on them for a great end to the season and an historic double.

Player fo the month by far Steven Taylor not only as he been a rock but scored the winner against bolton and the MOM

Results and following fixtures

View attachment 263039

The League Table

View attachment 263040

The race for second is really hoting up with hge fixtures to come its a big end to the season

Big month ahead Liverpool and Manchester United at home
Goals. Goals Goals
Tim Krul Scores?
3 players in young play of the month award but who wins?
3rd best play of the month Newcastles player of the month
Dimbleby claims too many games in one month!

Results

Newcastle 3 Bakenga (32) (86) Cisse (58)- Liverpool 1

Dimbleby says after the match ' Mushaga Bakenga again proving what an amazing player he is and scoring 2 great goals.

After Bakenga's performance Dimbleby states papiss Cisse will leave 7 million pound offer turned down

3 days later

This is by far the biggest game of the season and for it to be 3 days after the liverpool game and 3 days before the Q.P.R game is absolutely terrine this month as been packed full of matches and it is un fair for all teams in the league. After playing 9 games in January another 6 in March is far too many. Before this match i can truly say we win today the gap is four points and the title race is on. We Lose and United will take the tittle its completely enthralling.

Newcastle 1 Hoilet (66) - Manchester United 1

Dimbleby says' this was an enthralling game and the biggest of the season, unfortunately after United went down to 10 men and were already 1 goal up they held strong and as much as we pushed we couldn't find an answer going in 1-0 down at half time. The we our selves had Marco Verrati sent off in the 61 minuet and the game was open again. But my boys kept pushing and hoilet stepped up 5 minutes later with a dramatic equalizer. The followed another red card for coloccini in the 82 minuete and United pushed for a winner this was an amazing game and Fulled with passion we had 6 yellow cards in total and 2 reds united with another red and 2 yellows the passion in this match could defiantly be seen by far the biggest game in my career.

3 Days later Manchester United lose to Aston Villa 3 - 0 after reviving 2 red cards.

Newcastle have chance to cut the gap to 4 points

Q.P.R 2 - Newcastle 1 Taylor (89)

Dimbleby says im devasted to have lost today we had a goal dissalowed and a certain penalty turned down and Ba came on and missed hit the post in the last minuete. After getting 2 reds and having steven taylor out injured i had to field a second string side today and it hurts to have missed the chance to close the gap at the top with united to 4 points and even worse if chelsea beat swansea later today we will go 3rd.

Chelsea 1 - Swansea 0

Week later

Big game today if Newcastle win they put them selves a point behind chelsea and back in the title race.

Man city drew 1 - 1 with everton earlier to stop them going 3rd.

Newcastle 5 Ba (4) (8) (22) Bennet og (28) Bakenga (65)- norwhich 0

After the match Dimbeby says this was amazing not only was the match over after half an hour but Demba Ba had scored a hat trick and bagged an assist to make himself the MOM he was nothing short of maraculous tonight and this match will go down as his best performance all season an amazing day. Also very happy with my new youngster Fred Pears out there today a
very impressive debut.

View attachment 263100

Week later

Manchester United put the p
eddle on the gas winning against Arsenal 3 goals to 0

Chelsea remain second w
ith a win against wigan

Backburn 1 Coloccini OG(81) - Newcastle 1 Dann OG(8)

Dimbleby speak after the match, Devastated this match was decided by 2 own goals and now were a point behind chelsea and 1 in front of City this isnt the positon we want to be in.

6 days later

Manchester United slip up against Liverpool losing 2-0 and the title race is open again

The 1st of April

Big game against Sunderaland we need the 3 points today to it will give us a 6 point gap between us and Manchester United we will go back second putting pressure on Chelsea to win their game in hand in 3 days time.

Newcastle 6 Coloccini (19) Cabaye (22 Pen) , Cisse(42) Hoilett (53) Krul (64 Pen) Vuckic (90+1) - Sunderland 0 Colback Red card (56)

Dimleby said after the match. This was amazing we destoryed them out there today and it was great to see, Krul asked me if we got a big goal lead and we ahd a penalty could he take one earlir this season and i said yes it was great to see him step up so confidently and despatch the pen.

3 days later

Chelsea win their game in hand over stoke the title race is hoting up

Overview this month was outstanding packed full of contreversy and goals and shocks such a great season one of the best i would say. It will come down to the last 2 months now to decide
the title. Some great performances by many players won them awards.
After an amazing month

View attachment 263102View attachment 263103

the player of the month could ahve gone to any of my players. Ba, Taylor, Krul, Vrsaijko, Santon, Mushaga. but it goes to Gabriel Obertan after an absoulouly amazing month bagging himself a number of MOM awards and great assists.

Fixtures and results

View attachment 263104

The League Table

View attachment 263105

Hope you liked the new layout
as i will continue this way for the rest fo the season which will follow with the April and May update.

END OF SEASON UPDATE FOLLOWS

Last edited:
as i have thoroughly enjoyed playing the end to the season i am going to post the final day separately and the lead up will be posted in a different style hope you enjoy it and thank you all for reading.

7th​ April

Another huge game today newcastle versus chelsea the winner here will go second if its a draw man city will go second if they win huge game.

Elsewhere city play wigan and manchester united play norwich

Chelsea 3 – Newcastle 1 Cisse (4)

Chelsea solidify second and move to 2 points behind man u who must win to keep them at bay

In big shock Manchester united lose by 3 goals to 0 against Norwich putting Chelsea right in the title picture

Man city also win 4-1 against wigan moving 3rd​ 2 point above Newcastle and 2 below Chelsea

April the 9th​

Chelsea – Wolves
Man U - Sunderland
Man City – Newcastle

Chelsea beat wolves by 2-1 moving top of the table leaving Manchester united knowing they must beat Sunderland to reclaim the top spot

Manchester United shockingly lose by a goal to 0 against Sunderland leaving them a point below Chelsea and only 4 points above Manchester City meaning they could still drop out of the top 2

Manchester Cty – Newcastle becomes a even bigger tie now as a win for city would put them a point behind their local rivals and a win for Newcastle would put them 3 points behind United and a sight glimmer of hope in the tiitle race

Elsewere a lose for Newcasle today would mean that Tottenham will know they only need a win to take the 4th​ spot and putting Newcastle out of contention for the Champions league for the first time this season.

Man city 0 – Newcastle 2 Cisse (43) (54)

Top 4

Chelsea 72
Man U 71
Newcastle 68
Man city 67

14th​ and 15th​ of April

With Chelsea and Liverpool playing in the Fa Cup Semi Finals against Birmingham and Q.P.R respectively The other 3 teams in the title race have a chance to move closer to Chelsea and Manchseter United can reclaim their top spot with Chelsea having to win their game in hand.

Manchester United go back top with a 6-0 win over Blackburn

Man city play Bolton later today and have a chance to go 3rd​ with Newcastle needing to win tomorrow

Man city beat Bolton 4-1 to go 3rd​

The next day Newcastle play west brom

Newcastle 3 Cisse(5) Ba(88) (90+2) – West brom 1

Newcastle go 3rd​ on 71 points

Top 4

Man United 74
Chelsea 72 game in hand
Newcastle 71
Man city 70

21st​ of April

Big game 1st​ vs 2nd​ as Manchester United play Chelsea this match will give Newcastle and Man City the chance to gain valuable points and close the gap.

Manchester United beat Chlesea 3-1 after ivanovic his shown the red card ths puts Manchester United firmly in the driving seat again and leaves Chelsea 3rd ​as Man city win 7-0 against Fulham. Chelsea still have a game in hand though.

Newcastle for the time being are 4th​ going up aganst Tottenham who are 5th​ and trying to push for a champions league spot

22nd​ April Newcastle play Tottenham

Newcastle 2 Ba(24) Kadar (88) –Tottenham 0

Tottenham now 4 points behind Newcastle in 5th​ place
Newcastle move second 3 points behind United

Top 4

Man United 77
Newcastle 74
Man City 73
Chelsea 72 Game in hand

28th​ April

Chelsea play Arsenal in a very difficult match which they need to win to go 2 points behind united and back to 2nd​
Then later in the day Newcastle go to Everton and Man city home to wolves. Which could put them back up the table.
A win for Newcastle would put them level on points with Manchester united making them need a valuable win away to west brom.

Chelsea beat Arsenal 5 goals to 3 in a thrilling encounter possible the match of the season.

Everton 2- Newcastle 1 Jagielka OG(4)

Newcastle lose to everton but at the same time Man city could only manage a draw against wolves allowing Newcastle to stay 3rd​ on goal difference.

In a shock victory West Brom beat Man United by 2 goals to 0 this changes the complexion of the title race again.

Top 5

Manchester United 77
Chelsea 75 Game in hand
Newcastle 74
Man city 74
Tottenham 69 Game in hand

Newcastles player of the month Davide Santon

2nd​ of May Chelsea play Liverpool in their game in hand with the chance to top the league.

Liverpool beat Chelsea by 2 goals to 0 leaving them on 76 points letting Man city and Newcastle back into the race.

Tottenham win their game in hand to move up to 72 points

5th​ of May the huge Manchester derby were Manchester United can Guarentee almost the title or be level on points with Man city and allow Newcastle to level also

In the biggest Manchester derby in years Manchester United edge the match by 1 goal to 0 over City and as much as secure their title win with only Newcastle and Chelsea able to catch them which could take it to the final day were United will only need a draw.

Chelsea defeated by Liverpool by 2 goals to 1 in the Fa Cup Final.

6th​ of May Newcastle play Swansea

Newcastle 3 Ben Harfa (21) Taylor (68) (73) - Swansea 1
Newcastle set up an enthraling last day being only 3 points behind United putting pressure on them to win.

9th​ of May

Chelsea win their game in hand over Fulham setting up a big final day as they go 2 points behind United.

FINAL DAY REPORT TO FOLLOW

Last edited:
Final Day Of The Season

Manchester United play Tottenham
Chelsea play Q.P.R
Newcastle play Stoke

First Piece of action Chlesea take the lead against Q.P.R through Fernando Torres on 17 minute mark Crossed in by Malouda Torres taps home from close range

20th Minuet Shawn Wright Phillips crosses in to Djibirl Cisse who drives it home to the far corner.

30th Minuet Adel Tarrabt misses a penalty which would have put Q.P.R in front.

32nd Minuet Gabriel Obertan crosses in and Cisse bursts through to make it 1-0 to Newcastle

Newcastle move 2nd on 80 points.

42nd Minuet Fernando Torres runs through on goal and places the ball in the far corner giving Chelsea the lead.

Chelsea move top with 81 points

45th Minuet Wayne Rooney breaks through from a direct through ball from anderson passes the ball out wide into space to Nani who places the ball in the net as the goal keeper comes out to Rooney.

Manchester United go back top on 83 points

45+2 Bressan corner into the box Taylor take it to ground and passes it to coloccini who blasts it in the net.

Newcastle 2- Stoke 0

Half time.

Manchester United 83
Chelsea 81
Newcastle 80

After 3 slow second half's Malouda caps off a chelsea win on the 82nd minuet as Mata crosses into the box and he heads home.

After the match Dimbleby had this to say

Its an amazing day for Newcastle United not only did we chalenge most part for the premier leeague title and win the Capital One Cup this season but we booked a place in the Champions League next year this as been an amazing year and im honored to be a part of this great club and the legacy we have made here this season who knows maybe next year we will get those 2 points more and win the league.

Final Premier League Table

View attachment 263290

Season Review to follow

Last edited:
Back