**UPDATED** Inspired by: The road from 2nd Div. B1 to the Champions League

keep it up love reading about them. Soon saviola will be a cultural player!

cheers mate, im gonna try sooo hard to get him. i mean im seriously the only manager on my game who gives a toss about him, at bolton hes got 2 goals in 4 games and they are persisting in giving 2 goals from 15 starts manucho a run in the side......

im hopimg my possible promotion or at least seriosly strong showing (and therefore we will be favourites for promotion next year) in the league this season will persuade javier that the reino del leon stadium is his spiritual home. we play sexy saviola style football now (gone are the dark days of 2 B1 and lumping it to dani and the lemon in vain hope of a goal) and i dont think hes enjoying his time in england. hes responding well to my praise in the media and no-one else is rumoured to be interested in him. will try to nick him on loan this january but if not im going all out to secure him in the summer.

good luck he never really cuts it in england i've loaned him a couple of times and is non-existent on the pitch :(

i once signed him for everton after winning uefa cup and he was a revelation. goals and assists galore. obv he does really well in spain but ive only got him the once in an english game. to be honest the lemon could have trebled his ability as a striker and still be second choice beind saviola.

btw for any readers, there were a few strange transfers that have happnened already and are set to go through on jan 2nd. league top scorer david aganzo opting to move from then top of the table (now 2nd palce) tenerife to mid table nobodies malaga. i had a bid accepted but he wanted far too much a week.

him and jav-sav up front would ahve been something special.

saviola is one of my favourite players of all time, not sure why just really like him lol!

dunno, partly the name yeah. just like the way he plays, very direct, fast, skillful. loves to score goals, and a tremedously good passer for that type of striker.

his part in THAT goal at the 2006 world cup always sticks in my mind. he plays the one two just outside the box and then passes to cambiasso before crespos backheel and cambiassos finish!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O7KkZn4rk"]YouTube- Argentina vs Serbia - Second Goal - One of the best![/ame]

that was such an amazing goal i remember watching it. probably the best ive ever seen

sick goal. hopefully la cultu can re-enact it WHEN (not if) saviola signs lol.

lol, do you know when you are doing your next update coz this is probz the best story on here lol

Last edited:
This is some great stuff mate, this is what the game is all about :)

Season Review:

GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

League: 3rd Place Finish, won auto promotion to Spains top flight!
Cup:Knocked out by Real Union in 2nd round.

My second season in Lige Adalente couldnt have gone much better, winning promotion to Spains top flight!!! After a shaky start i thought we were destined for midtable obscurity, and i thought maybe a good cup run would be our only hope of success. But after some injuries forced some tactical adjustments we went on a club record winning streak of 8 wins. We sat at the top of the table for a while midseason, a slump in form saw us drop as low as 7th during the end of season run in. but as the screenshots show, the top of the table was so tight, so i knew a couple of good wins would see us back in the promotion spots. turns out i left it slightly later than planned, clinching promotion on the final game of the season!!! Needless to say the fans were over the moon and i went mental after the tension of the final game. The board were ecstatic at the unexpectd promotion. I instantly thought of Saviola and made a promise to myslef and the lads that the great man would finally pull on the now slightly more famous cultural shirt. I would be like a man possesssed, stopping at nothing until i secured Javiers signature.

Pernia was sensational all season with 18 assists and solid displays at the back. my young centre back pairing of rapnik and cala performed out of their skin and even attracted premiership interest. lauren performed well at right back too, nothing spectactular, but solid.
owen garvan, jordi lopez and sergio matabuena shared the two midfield spots all season and all performed solidly allowing rufete to saunter down the right and boa morte or oscar rico to saunter down the left to support rocamora and pacheco.
Rocamora really came into his own as a playmaker forward, sitting in the hole behind a lone striker, very much like gerrard. he top scored for la cultu with 20 goals!!!! his stats dont look like much but his performances are always top drawer!! First choice striker German Pacheco finished an injury ravaged season with 10 goals, most of which came in the latter half of the season.
I started my huge squad overhaul during the end of season run in. Cult hero Fabio 'the lemon' Lemes played his final game in a cultural shirt berore departing for pastures new for 100k!!! After clearing out some more older/useless players, I noticed my under 19s were absolutely destroying everyone in their league and so opted to give some more youth a chance. prospects like alex coeff, torric, thomas fontaine, adam smith, nicolas millan, nenad stjepic and the wonderfully named Francisco Javier Ortega Momparlet all got their chance to shine and impressed me greatly, particularly Millan, Fontaine and Stjepic.

Pernia was deservedly the fans player of the year, and despite the fact hes now 34 i have no worries about him performing at the highest level.

So with promotion in the bag, ahead lay much greater challenges for captain Pernia and his La Cultu heroes!!!!!

Bring on Liga BBVA!!!!!! (i swear it used to be La Liga?!?)

Screenshots below:

2011\12 Pre Season Report:

So, we were now where we deserved to be, in with the big boys or Real Madrid, Barcelona and co. I fully expect a difficult season, and so do the board, asking me to fight bravely against relegation with 1.8million to spend and 400k for wages. i said i could survive, ther next step up from fight bravely and my budget was upped slightly and i was given 500k for wages.

The media gave me no hope either with title odds of 1000-1, it dawned on me that we really were minnows up against world stars like messi and raul. I had faith in my boys though and felt we could take many teams by surprise.

First stop of course was bolton reserves for Saviola, my dreams were dashed when my £1.8mill bid was accepted but Javier said no. Determined to get my man i praised him in the media and submitted a loan bid with a £2million future fee attached. Both parties accepted and Javier flew into Leon and was greeted with adoration from the fans!!! I had finally got my man, Miller and Saviola united at last. I really felt that with a world class forward on board i could take La Cultu on to much bigger things!!! Saviola came out in the media saying he hoped his loan move might one day become permenant. Many of the clubs youngsters feel honoured to be at the same club as Saviola and i instantly had him tutoring youg gun Nicolas Millan

I took the likes of ruud van nistelrooy and ben foster on trial but both opted to decline a permenant deal and chose football elsewhere. My other major coup was Javi Garcia, a 24 year old defensive midfielder to replace the ageing matabuena, secured on a free from Real Madrid.

Giovani dos Santos's little brother jonathan was signed from Barca B and sent on loan, one for the future. I also signed Jorge Riberio and Pau Cendros as long term replacements for my full backs. they are in their mid 20s ang good enough now, so i have too many full backs really but i wanted insurance in case 34 year olds pernia and lauren suffered major setbacks. A day after securing Saviola from Bolton, they came back with a 1.8million bid for Leandro Martinez, a young argentinian i had signed the previos season. but he had never played due to my foreign player quota being full. Needless to say i snapped their hand off and he was on his way to the reebok later that day. My assistant now said we had a decent squad but were weakest in goal. i had faith in Marcio and decided to ignore my *** man.

The fixtures were announced and we were given a nice easy start to our top flight career with Barcelona at home first up.....

our pre season friendlies went really well, undefeated with two 8-0 victories and a win over sevilla!

I was confident in my defence being solid with rapnik now first choice centre back for Slovenia and having as many full caps to his name as he is years old, 21! Cala will be pushing for a Spanish senior squad place if he has another season like his last. and the evergreen Pernia will no doubt show his class at the highest level. Young Serbian Nenad Stjepic and argentinian Waltor Yacob will provide cover along with utility man brek shea and frenchamn thomas fontaine.

i write this report on a high, after seeing off a late bid from Fulham for owen garvan, the transfer window has closed and i have just sneaked a fantastic 3-2 win over barcelona with a last minute goal from Matej 'the rock' Rapnik, i hope he keeps his goalscoring habits up!!!

Needless to say the fans are over the moon, with talk of europe next season being a realistic possibility. i however am very skeptical, we were lucky agaisnt an off colour barca. Visits to the Bernabeu, Camp Nou and football fortresses like the Mestalla and El Madrigal will not be easy. I am confident of survival but not much more, for now anyway. Come on then Liga BBVA, lets see what you've got!!!!!!

Woah great sucess you got there, hopefully you'll be able to stay in La Liga, hopefully Pernia will stay fit but Saviola will come to you if your board give you a decent budget, good luck to you.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

didnt see next post you just beat fkin barcelona and your playin it down

yo man, u must have posted your reply just as i posted my pre season report. saviolas on board and things are looking rosy with victory over barca. I aim to make hte reino de leon stadium my fortress and hopefully nick a few points here and there on the road.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Woah great sucess you got there, hopefully you'll be able to stay in La Liga, hopefully Pernia will stay fit but Saviola will come to you if your board give you a decent budget, good luck to you.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

didnt see next post you just beat fkin barcelona and your playin it down

haha yeah it was a lucky win though, messi hit the bar late on and we snuck the win with a last minute header at the back post from rapnik after i had gone 5 at the back and packed the midfield to hold out for a draw!!!!

and my great culturalistas, hopefully anyway. that match was at the reino de leon stadium. im sure ill get battereed at the camp nou!!!!!!!

ok ok the more i think about it the more i realise what a fantastic win it was!!!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

cant wait to get stuck into my fisrt season of spanish top flight football, will post a mid season review by the end of the week

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

just wondering, ive had a look but cant find it. can anyone give me the cultural y dep. leonesa club logo for fm??? its on their wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Leonesa but i have no idea how to put it into the game! any help would be welcome guys

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:10 PM ----------

any thoughts on the logo, anyone???????

Last edited: