**UPDATED** Inspired by: The road from 2nd Div. B1 to the Champions League

sharp marshy, probably a little too sharp. dominant win was fair and square.

i was fed up only being able to scout in europe so took over at a mid table 1st division team to have a look at players.

if you look around other threads i never condone cheating, its not really the spirit of trhe game. and as for these 'tools' like genie scout etc....

i know this was technically a bit naughty but my board werent shifting on scouting anywhere outside europe and argentina/brazil.

Last edited:
It was La Liga, actually it was Primera, from primera división. But BBVA first decided to sponsor Segunda A and called it Adelante and next season Primera.

Great story mate!! Glad that you got Saviola, let's hope he performs the miracles that you expect from him

cheers devildog. will post a mid season report soon. things are looking a bit less rosy now. just got a thorough lesson in free flowing football from valencia

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

It was La Liga, actually it was Primera, from primera división. But BBVA first decided to sponsor Segunda A and called it Adelante and next season Primera.

ooooh, cool thanks for clearing that up pal!! was very confusing having watched 'la liga' on sky for ages. only to play fm09 and find liga bbva lol

Great story!! I've just finished reading though the whole thread and you've inspired me to do Cultural

thanks shorty. go for it mna,. its stough back in the depths of 2nd div b1, trawling through players worth 5k who youve never heard of and are certain are just as poo as your curretn squad. but perservere, take a few gambles on players and hopefully they will pay off.

obv signing rocamora is a must, the man is a cultural legend for life.

loving the story, i have made my own team called fc villa real, im a massive aston villa fan, i started a splinter team with 4-5 under 19s from villa, delfouneso, albrighton, few others, couple of foriegn -8 abillity youths, and some -7 youths from prem clubs and put my team in league 2 designed kits badge and im all up and running!! will start a thread, so chuffed you got saviola, i felt like it was a love story that finally flurished. sign dan opare quality player, i have won titles in spain with deportivo, sevilla atletico madrid and betis, spain is about possesion, keep your passing short, retain possesion, aquino is one to watch, piatti, negredo, ustari, ignacio camacho and javi martinez all future quality, oh and cheep young quality goes on to be very good la liga striker saddick adams!!

piatti has been on my radar since fm08, looking good in real life too.

will have a look at saddick adams, the reast im afraid to say are probably out of my financial reach at the moment!!! being a goalie myslef, ustari is probably one of my favourite players right now, along with schmeichel, casillas and ochoa. look up ochoa on youtube, hes an incredible shotstopper, not quite sure why he hasnt moved to euroope yet!!

yeah i read somehwere about fc villa real. sounds good mate, go for it. always wondered about delfoneuso, does he become anything special? looks like apoor mans daniel strurridge to me

i will let you no but in real life he is turning out to be a bit of a star, hunt down his goals for england u19s last nite, genuine quality!!
he in my opinion is better than agbonlahor already!!!

lol agbonlahor will be an average player in 3-4 years time. once he loses that youthful bit of extra pace that he can genrate at the moment he will be like a thin, weak heskey....

delfonuesos goals look pretty sick illgive u that

he popped up with a few good goals fo the first team last season, the kids a real prospect, lets see hoe he gets on at villa real with regular first team football!

those playes i told you about are for future, such is my belief in your side, i will do you a new home away and third kit, plus re work the logo for your new found love!!!

yeah he should do wel as most youngsters seem to on fm, as long as they get regualr first team action.

they are for the future deffo, but would probably still be in my first choice line up, and most are at big cubs now on my game, im n 2011 lol. but hopefully if i survive this season and get some more transfer funds i can snap one of two of them up.

cheers man, the logo is what ive been after most. looks a bit crpa having a white shield with a purple outline while every othe rteam in the legaue has a genuine logo.

kits would be cool too though. i would ahve no idea how to get them onto the game though, could you help with that too???

Yeah should be able to talk you through getting them on, do you have replica kits on your game already, not 3d, replica

you mean on the club info pages? only the official ones that came with the game. the only things i have downloaded for fm are face packs, patches and ages ago i tried to sort club and comeptition names and logos out but it only partially worked.

actually, did kits come on the game already? if no then i musy have downloaded thm already

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=16

scroll down to replica kits and download em!
make a folder called 'panels' in your graphics folder (if u dont have one make one!)
extract to there using winrar
untick cache in prefferances and tick reload on command
should work.
once you have them i can do kits, logo can do already!!
to see my designs i will post a link

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f56/new-kit-designs-what-do-you-think-t17825.html

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f56/new-kit-designs-what-do-you-think-t17825.html

mate those kits look sick!!!!! have downloaded some obscure ones like mls soccer as i play my la galaxy file sometimes.

unless ive missed something u havent posted a link for cultural leones though???

and i would really love the club logo for cultural if you can find the time to do it?

sorry if ive missed something obvious.

no mate you havent, im working on the logo and kits now!!!

thanks man, really appreciate this. feel free to make them as jazzy as u like, im not necessarily after the replica kit, i really like some of the ones u made, especially the west ham kappa one. im not a chav btw lol.

thanks again

yea looks good, go with the rework if u like mate.