Reaction score
UPDATE

All the tweaks are garbage long term that I've uploaded, I've just reverted everything back to the original which is the most consistent. If playing in the PL, you really need two good all around CM's and fast wingers.

ORIGINAL

Only 1 tactic here can be used for all games.

75 - 80 mins if you are leading switch to Contain - Play Safe and Take A Breath clicked.

OI for GK Close Down Always Show Weak Foot Tackle Hard

- Training In June / July (preseason) Fitness, then 1st Friendly or week or two before season starts switch to Team Cohesion until September, then change to Defense.
- Not neccessary but more goals will come if you have one or two really good set piece takers, as well as a few above average headers in the squad.
- I only play FMTouch
- Only OI is for GK - Close Down Tackle Hard and Show to Weak Foot

Developed this with Hibs, then used with PSG and Rangers.

Last edited:
this is actually doing well for me, getting good results

this is actually doing well for me, getting good results

Glad someone is trying it out, it is a rock solid simple formation.

Wingers score quite a bit for me, having ST that likes to beat offside trap with above average acceleration is lethal as well.

Thoroughly enjoying this with my 3rd season Burnley save.

Have the perfect players for it and its doing wonders. Will post results soon, but has to be said so far this is one of my favourites on FM this year!

Reminds me of Leicesters title winning season.

I really like this tactic! And finally i found a 442 that i really enjoy

Thoroughly enjoying this with my 3rd season Burnley save.

Have the perfect players for it and its doing wonders. Will post results soon, but has to be said so far this is one of my favourites on FM this year!

Reminds me of Leicesters title winning season.

Awesome!

It is a very mechanical, results driven tactic.

It would be great to see some images / summary of your save. Do you use both tactics?

Gave this a go with my Tranmere team on my new save to see what it's like. This is the second game of the season.....

Dang, I'd say that's about double my best result. Did you change anything?

If you keep using, please update.

I didn't change a thing :O Couldn't believe it myself

What do you do with the wingers? right on right or right foot on the left? :)

What do you do with the wingers? right on right or right foot on the left? :)

It doesn't matter, if they have decent acceleration / off the ball they'll score (a lot).

If they have decent cross, they'll get tons of assists.

It is really incredible what can be done with this tactic, just try it.

Literally plug and play with existing players, I play some players out of position (rb is rm, lb as cb) and it still works.

I am a terrible man manager, but decent with tactic and it always works for me. Was hoping someone who was good with the player mgmt / transfer side could give it a shot and see what it can do.

It doesn't matter, if they have decent acceleration / off the ball they'll score (a lot).

If they have decent cross, they'll get tons of assists.

It is really incredible what can be done with this tactic, just try it.

Literally plug and play with existing players, I play some players out of position (rb is rm, lb as cb) and it still works.

I am a terrible man manager, but decent with tactic and it always works for me. Was hoping someone who was good with the player mgmt / transfer side could give it a shot and see what it can do.

Thanx for the answers, i will give it a go :)

I must say that this tactic, really have some beautiful plays and goals! :)
It just works ;)

Very good for underdog teams!
Does it work in topteams?

Very good for underdog teams!
Does it work in topteams?

yeah it does well for all teams, 100% plug and play.

as long as you use always use the one OI on the GK and don't mess with the set pieces should be fine.

fm 18

is it possible to use this tactic in normal fm 2018?