Using Other Peoples tactics for Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky.

Theo <3
Reaction score
Surely this should be classed as cheating? The whole point of a story is to show-off in a way your tactics and your success but I feel as if the majority of stories on this site, Espicially the ones which Are remarkable have used someone Else's tactic, E.G Mr houghs wonder tactic, Its guranteed to make your club over ahcheive 9 times out of ten. The same can be said about JP's tactics. I dont mind people using them for personal Saves but I feel a story should be purely your own work, If Bolton won the league next week in real life but they had used all of Mourinhos tactics surely it wouldn't be as sweet. What do you guys think?

good point, understand what you mean, i never use others tactics so never really thought about it before.

i think some people just like writing the stories, and some like reading them, which i guess comes before what happens.
Some people have edited databases giving themselves loads of money etc and still done stories, thats cheating as well isn't it

Personally, if Bolton won the league IRL, I don't think their fans would give a flying **** what tactics they used! ;)

But yeah, should make your own tactics if doing a story, not that I read many tbh.

I feel that Stories are more about showing off the writing ability of the author rather than showing off their success in game as a story can be enjoyable whether somebody wins the league over and over or repeatedly gets relegated. As long as it is well written, who gives a flying **** what tactic they are using?

Pretty much what Redrup said is about right really.

If people want to use other peoples tactics for a story then I don't really see what the problem is, it's their story and it's up to them what they do.

I wouldn't say it's cheating, far from it, cheating is using FMRTE etc, not using a tactic that isn't made my themselves.

Also I wouldn't say a story is about showing off your ability as a manager, I'm more interested in the quality of writing, I really couldn't care if they got relegated with Man City or won the league with Pompey, writing is the biggest part for me really and it's the thing I, and a lot of members, look out for.

If you think it's cheating then I guess you don't have to follow the story, but I don't think anyone else mind that much as long as the writing is good.

Last edited:
I feel like people try to show other how much of a 'good' manager they are when really there not using there tactics, for example If i used Mourinhos tactics and managed Chelsea and we won everything doesn't make me a good manager ?

I admit that I used to use downloaded tactics but it gives you such a greater sense of achievement when you use your own tactic. I have had very good success with one I have made myself and have released it on the site.

I used to, but on my kidderminster one i use my own 4-4-1-1 and 4-3-3 tactics

Personally, if Bolton won the league IRL, I don't think their fans would give a flying **** what tactics they used! ;)

But yeah, should make your own tactics if doing a story, not that I read many tbh.

bolton will haha

I admit that I used to use downloaded tactics but it gives you such a greater sense of achievement when you use your own tactic. I have had very good success with one I have made myself and have released it on the site.

Tottaly agree with you when you get more sense of acheivement with your own. If you win the wolrd cup or champions league with someone else tactic takes a little bit of magic out of it I think

I feel like people try to show other how much of a 'good' manager they are when really there not using there tactics, for example If i used Mourinhos tactics and managed Chelsea and we won everything doesn't make me a good manager ?
It's a game though, they paid for it and they can play it how they want in my view. The only rules to the FM section are to make it a good story really and to not make to many etc, if we make rules not to use other's tactics this is just like school really with loads of pathetic rules.

It's a game though, they paid for it and they can play it how they want in my view. The only rules to the FM section are to make it a good story really and to not make to many etc, if we make rules not to use other's tactics this is just like school really with loads of pathetic rules.

I never said anything about making it a rule, I was just saying do you guys agree its sort of cheating or do you guys think its okay? :)

I never said anything about making it a rule, I was just saying do you guys agree its sort of cheating or do you guys think its okay? :)
I think it's fine. If you don't want to follow the story because they're using a tactic that's not their's it's up to you but I prefer to look for an interesting read, not what tactic they're using or where they are in the league table.

I wouldnt go as far as to say it is cheating but it does take the sense of achievement away a little bit.

I feel that Stories are more about showing off the writing ability of the author rather than showing off their success in game as a story can be enjoyable whether somebody wins the league over and over or repeatedly gets relegated. As long as it is well written, who gives a flying **** what tactic they are using?

Have to agree with this.

If I did read a story, I would rather read a well written one, even if they are using someone elses tactic.

I recommend trying to make your own tactics, the reward is much better, but if you enjoy the mr hough tactic, then use it :)

Well your not cheating anyone but yourself really, Kind of ruins the point of football manager? To be a good manager you need your own set of tactics not someone elses?

Well your not cheating anyone but yourself really, Kind of ruins the point of football manager? To be a good manager you need your own set of tactics not someone elses?
I highly doubt people really care if they are 'a good manager' that much to try extremely hard to create their own tactics. People use successful tactics to have fun on their FM saves and stories and not just lose every game, get ****** off and uninstall the game, they paid for the game to have fun and that's what they're doing.

Yh im not on about stories now im on about in general, But tbh I'd rather come 10th in the league with my own tactic then win it with someone elses? and surely its even more boring winning game after game without fail?

Yh im not on about stories now im on about in general, But tbh I'd rather come 10th in the league with my own tactic then win it with someone elses? and surely its even more boring winning game after game without fail?

Different people find different things fun.

Let people play it their own way, its a game, you pay for it, you have the right to enjoy it how you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.